Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 2 is out!
Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 2 is out!
2009-08-20, 9:17 AM #1
Any else getting it?
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-08-20, 10:38 AM #2
I need chapter one first! (In my defence I haven't turned on my XBox in 3 or 4 weeks for obvious reasons)

I did however get the SE remake for my iPhone which rattled away the one rainy morning in St Lucia.
2009-08-20, 10:40 AM #3
Originally posted by Martyn:
I need chapter one first! (In my defence I haven't turned on my XBox in 3 or 4 weeks for obvious reasons)

I did however get the SE remake for my iPhone which rattled away the one rainy morning in St Lucia.

I don't think its on Xbox :( Only wii and PC at the moment. I got it for the PC. Thankfully my ancient laptop from 2005ish runs it smoothly enough.
2009-08-20, 10:45 AM #4
Oh, I just assumed :o

When I get off my backside and pay for VMWare Fusion I can run it on ze MBP. First I've got to play Evil Genius and Theme Hospital (thanks to gog.com and looking through boxes of old stuff respectively).
2009-08-20, 11:03 AM #5
No, the reworked SOMI is on 360 and it's fantastic.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-08-20, 11:09 AM #6
I'm talking about Tales of Monkey Island (New episodic game). I don't think that's on the 360
2009-08-20, 11:11 AM #7
Are they planning to re-work LeChuck's Revenge too?
2009-08-20, 11:33 AM #8
Originally posted by Martyn:
Are they planning to re-work LeChuck's Revenge too?

Man, I hope they do, that is my favorite game in the MI series.
2009-08-20, 2:02 PM #9
Originally posted by Jep:
Man, I hope they do, that is my favorite game in the MI series.

I think DOTT is next. In the original SOMI, outside the monkey head there's a little statue of Max from Sam and Max. This was before the Sam and Max game was released and was a little hint at their next release. In the new version, they've replaced that with a tentacle, so maybe that's a subtle hint that DOTT will be their next XBLA release.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
2009-08-20, 2:04 PM #10
If they do DOTT I will pay 50 bux
2009-08-20, 2:52 PM #11
I'd sell my nonexistant soul for DOTT on XBLA, that game was awesome, though it doesn't really make sense to remake DOTT if they're not going to remake Maniac Mansion first (and of course you can play it using one of the computers upstairs)
2009-08-21, 3:59 AM #12
If they did redesign Day of the Tentacle I hope and pray that they would go for HD graphics à la Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD, and not go 3D. 3D would just rape the art style of the game.

↑ Up to the top!