Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Needs to be shared (Health reform + Glen Beck)
Needs to be shared (Health reform + Glen Beck)
2009-08-20, 1:52 PM #1
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-13-2009/glenn-beck-s-operation
2009-08-20, 2:05 PM #2
Regional video is BULL****
Dailyshow.com and hulu can kiss the hairiest part of my ***.
2009-08-20, 2:20 PM #3
Loading too slow for my connection but I already know what this is about. His botched *** surgery (see, there is a legitimate need for the word to be uncensored).

Seriously, do you have a point, or does the fact that he had a miserable experience mean that he has to rollover (carefully due to botched *** surgery) and embrace the destruction of our healthcare system as we know it?

The Daily Show? Really? Couldn't you at least have found a link to MSNBC or something that at least pretends to be a news organization? Nevermind, Jon Stewart might actually have more credibility.

Note: The above is rhetorical and is probably best ignored. The same debate all over again but now we're going to use the fact that a man opposed to the currently proposed reform had a terrible medical ordeal. Should actually lend more weight to his opinion.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-08-20, 2:31 PM #4
Jon Stewart is a better journalist then 90% of non-comedy news reporters.
2009-08-20, 2:41 PM #5
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Regional video is BULL****
Dailyshow.com and hulu can kiss the hairiest part of my ***.

Sucks to be canada, even I can see that.
nope.
2009-08-20, 2:43 PM #6
so... did his surgery get botched, or did he have a bad recovery experience or what? that video is fair;y nebulous.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-08-20, 2:51 PM #7
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
so... did his surgery get botched, or did he have a bad recovery experience or what? that video is fair;y nebulous.

He talked at length about the situation on his radio program and uploaded videos about the ordeal directly to YouTube. It was just all around bad.

I looked on his YouTube Channel and didn't see the video (I skimmed through them pretty fast) but I'll keep looking.

This is probably it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX1rLv_hNeI
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-08-20, 3:12 PM #8
sooo..... he had a really bad experience due to the pain medication, and therefore we need obamacare?
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-08-20, 3:15 PM #9
No, no, no. Someone must have botched the operation. This wasn't suppose to be the desired outcome
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-08-20, 3:23 PM #10
Originally posted by Wookie06:
does the fact that he had a miserable experience mean that he has to rollover (carefully due to botched *** surgery) and embrace the destruction of our healthcare system as we know it?
Of course not. He should continue to provide his detailed and insightful policy insights about how Obama the Nazi--with his "deep-seated hatred of white people"--is going to use "death panels" to execute Sarah Palin's kids.
2009-08-20, 5:03 PM #11
GUYS GUYS GLEN BECK SAID SOMETHING STUPID/CRAZY/RELIGIOUS
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2009-08-20, 8:25 PM #12
Originally posted by Commander 598:
GUYS GUYS GLEN BECK SAID SOMETHING STUPID/CRAZY/RELIGIOUS

i think thats all that need be said here.
2009-08-20, 10:24 PM #13
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:

The Daily Show segment featured him after his surgery and on his show a year and a half ago ranting about how bad the US healthcare system is, followed by recent clips where he praises it as the best in the world and attacks those who would change it.

It would be more hypocritical if he'd said exactly what he thought was wrong with healthcare back then, but mainly this is just a humorous montage about how he's changed his tune. It doesn't prove or support anything about anyone other than Beck. Not to say I didn't enjoy it.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2009-08-20, 11:23 PM #14
Glenn's criticism, due to this miserable experience, had nothing to do with things such as access and affordability and more to do with the human factor. Things such as compassion and customer service. Those are the types of things that get worse proportionate to government involvement so there is nothing hypocritical about his position at all.

2009-08-21, 12:06 AM #15
Oh god, you think Canadian doctors lack compassion?
2009-08-21, 3:29 AM #16
I don't know. Unlike you Canadians, I don't claim to have a particular level of knowledge of the systems of foreign countries. I do know in the States, government bureaucracies tend to be of the least compassionate, user friendly, and humane systems available to us.

2009-08-21, 5:18 AM #17
When someone outspoken gathers new information and changes his mind, HE'S A FLIP FLOPPER AND A HYPOCRITE!

When a normal person gathers new information and changes their mind, THEY ARE INTELLIGENT AND SENSIBLE!
2009-08-21, 6:14 AM #18
Originally posted by Wookie06:
I don't know. Unlike you Canadians, I don't claim to have a particular level of knowledge of the systems of foreign countries. I do know in the States, government bureaucracies tend to be of the least compassionate, user friendly, and humane systems available to us.

Yes, public money inevitably turns one into a Nazi zombie.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-08-21, 6:17 AM #19
Originally posted by JM:
When someone outspoken gathers new information and changes his mind, HE'S A FLIP FLOPPER AND A HYPOCRITE!

When a normal person gathers new information and changes their mind, THEY ARE INTELLIGENT AND SENSIBLE!

The point is he doesn't have new information, he just has a new agenda. American healthcare somehow was transformed from a broken mess to 'the best healthcare in the world' in little over a year. Magic.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
2009-08-21, 9:04 AM #20
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
Yes, public money inevitably turns one into a Nazi zombie.

apparently you have never been to an american DMV.

no of course government money does not automatically turn you into a heartless zombie. but its CERTAINLY does nothing to boost compassion.
2009-08-21, 9:06 AM #21
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
The point is he doesn't have new information, he just has a new agenda. American healthcare somehow was transformed from a broken mess to 'the best healthcare in the world' in little over a year. Magic.

i really dont think he was arguing against anything that will be improved by the "health care reform" stuff.
2009-08-21, 9:08 AM #22
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Oh god, you think Canadian doctors lack compassion?

YES! i have seen it first hand! at McDonalds... there was a doctor who yelled mercilessly at a poor defenseless employee. and over what? thats right! maple syrup! obviously he was from Canada and lacked compassion!
2009-08-21, 1:52 PM #23
A fairly useful comparison (though with some oddly formatted graphs)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8201711.stm

↑ Up to the top!