Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Another Question- Sharing folders Win7 to 2K.
Another Question- Sharing folders Win7 to 2K.
2009-08-22, 10:35 PM #1
First, I would like to thank you all for your help, without you and the insightful advice you have provided, my emulator box would be nothing but a dream.

I come again to ask what is (hopefully) the last, but probably not. I need to know how to share a folder on a Win7 (RTM) computer with a computer running windows 2000 (SP4).

Please, any help is much appreciated.
2009-08-22, 10:40 PM #2
Which folder on the Windows 7 box? If its within a user directory, it won't work (well). You're best off with Vista and 7 only using the Public folder.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2009-08-22, 10:41 PM #3
It's E:\Roms. So it's just a folder in the drive.
2009-08-22, 10:54 PM #4
Right, I figured it out my own.
Incase anyone ever comes wandering along wondering the same thing, check logon as different user and use your win7 user name/password.

Thread close.
E- Oh I can't close the thread... uhh can a mod please do it?
2009-08-23, 2:27 AM #5
Wasn't there a threads-per-week cap in effect at some point?
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2009-08-23, 6:51 AM #6
There are also some settings in Network > Advanced Sharing Settings that are helpful in sharing folders with other computers. You may have already enabled the necessary ones, hence why you were able to log in (I think by default you can only use Homegroups, not sure).

And yeah, you know when you right click on a folder and there's the "Sharing and Security" option? Yeah, the Security tab there lets you adjust access to that folder both locally and remotely if the folder is shared. Not too complicated.

You can also adjust the share permissions... not the underlying folder permissions, but the permissions that allow users to even access the share in the first place... through third party tools like Sysinternal's shareenum. The underlying folder permissions still apply.

↑ Up to the top!