Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anyone play any web-based games?
Anyone play any web-based games?
2009-08-24, 12:17 PM #1
Not flash, actual browser games.

I've become rather fond of Tribal Wars, keeps me occupied during downtime at work.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-08-24, 12:20 PM #2
I recently built a "game engine" in php but that's about how far I got
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-08-24, 12:22 PM #3
Details?
2009-08-24, 12:24 PM #4
Quake Live and Battlefield Heroes Beta are both outrageously fun.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-08-24, 1:41 PM #5
I used to play Utopia. Sadly that had to stop when I joined the Navy, as I didn't have time for it anymore.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-08-24, 2:21 PM #6
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
Details?

It's actually quite interesting. It was inspired by AOE, so I have a front-top down view of the map. You can "walk" around this map, which has the potential of being very large. You can place buildings and objects, it has collision detection. It uses PHP and AJAX but I've never tested it on a live server with multiple people so I don't know how it would hold up. But, I think it has MMO potential
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-08-24, 4:18 PM #7
ogame.org.... i play on universes 43 and 44
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2009-08-24, 6:17 PM #8
Phosphor

http://www2.rasterwerks.com/game/phosphor/beta1.asp
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-08-25, 5:40 AM #9
Originally posted by zanardi:
It's actually quite interesting. It was inspired by AOE, so I have a front-top down view of the map. You can "walk" around this map, which has the potential of being very large. You can place buildings and objects, it has collision detection. It uses PHP and AJAX but I've never tested it on a live server with multiple people so I don't know how it would hold up. But, I think it has MMO potential

Sounds like it could be fun, I say continue your work!
2009-08-25, 5:45 AM #10
Kingdom of Loathing and Nationstates.

Both of which I were introduced to on THIS VERY FORUM. :psyduck:
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.

↑ Up to the top!