Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Force Unleashed: Sith Edition
The Force Unleashed: Sith Edition
2009-08-25, 11:19 AM #1
Ok so its finally coming to pc and their giving us a mini expansion with it.

Sith Edition (Where the Dark Side wins and the Apprentice replaces Vader) where the Emperor sends his new apprentice to deal with things such as.

Killing Skywalker
Killing Ben Kenobi
Something involving Jabbas and Fett.

Looks awesome...
2009-08-25, 11:21 AM #2
Old news, but I suppose we need a new thread.
Mod capability or im not getting it.
2009-08-25, 11:25 AM #3
Its cool that its coming to PC but its the only thing good about this release.

The bull**** 2 level expansion on Xbox and PS3 is obvious cash-milking. Made all the more clear by releasing only one of the two levels (Tatooine) as DLC.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-08-25, 12:36 PM #4
They need to make a next gen Jedi Knight. Stick to that storyline and the formula that worked and made that series so fun. Make it extremely moddable and PC only while you're at it (although yeah they would lose a lot of revenue). TFU tried too hard to be what JK was with OMGAMAZING Physics that ended up causing more difficulty than making the game fun and now yeah, they're milking it.
2009-08-25, 12:38 PM #5
I know it is frustrating when a game you bought is released again with additional content. It appears that this game has all three expansion levels, though, (at least according to the description for the 360 version at Amazon) and is a few dollars cheaper than the PC version. This release will work out well for me. I haven't bought the first release because it came out just days before I deployed. I'm going to preorder the 360 game.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-08-25, 12:39 PM #6
Well to be fair I adored Force Unleashed. But I'm insulted with this bull**** cow-milking release, heheh.

In any case I'd love to see a current gen Jedi Knight-esque game, with a good saber system (yet to see one). I can't agree on PC only though, but that's mostly because I wouldn't want to miss out on it and I can't afford a new PC for the time being.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-08-25, 12:43 PM #7
The only reason I would want it PC only is because I think if they tried to release it on consoles it would take a lot away from the PC modding aspect of the game. They'd probably even get rid of the feature/possibility altogether so they could focus on porting and other things. There are far more negative aspects to it being PC only that's for sure I won't argue with that.

The saber system is definitely what I would be wanting another JK game for. Natal or something would be excellent if it implemented the use of a saber + next gen JK.
2009-08-25, 12:46 PM #8
I think it's doubtful you will ever see a PC exclusive Star Wars game of any substance again other than maybe strategy and (hopefully) flight sim.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-08-25, 12:50 PM #9
I read a few days ago on IGN that there were rumors at Lucasarts about possibly doing another Tie Fighter game, next gen. If they did I would pull a Cartman wants a Wii.
2009-08-25, 12:56 PM #10
... Funny how I got Mass Effect for the 360 since I somehow thought it wasn't going to get a PC release. And now this! Oh well. I guess it'll be neat.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-08-25, 12:57 PM #11
Oh, and I forgot to add the upcoming MMORPG. It wouldn't surprise me, though, if they find a way to bring that to consoles (although I don't think that will happen).

2009-08-25, 1:19 PM #12
Source? Links? Dates?

But if it's true, then that's awesome news! I've been waiting for a new SW game to play on my PC for ages! And I was specifically hoping for Force Unleashed to come out on PC.

Here's what I found so far:

http://www.forceunleashed.net/news/force-unleashed-for-pc-announced-for-real/
幻術
2009-08-25, 1:39 PM #13
We already had a comprehensive thread Koobs, look for that. :P
nope.
2009-08-25, 1:57 PM #14
umm, just search Amazon for The Force Unleashed???

2009-08-25, 1:59 PM #15
Why the hate for consoles?
2009-08-25, 1:59 PM #16
Originally posted by Baconfish:
We already had a comprehensive thread Koobs, look for that. :P

Got it! Cool, thanks!
幻術
2009-08-25, 2:01 PM #17
no modding on consoles? console to pc ports generally suck? etc?
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-08-25, 2:34 PM #18
So it's a tie then?!?!

2009-08-25, 2:46 PM #19
We already had this talk - consoles are for people who have real friends, PC is for people who have internet for friends.
2009-08-25, 3:29 PM #20
We got a release date yet, im hoping the DLC for the Xbox is not going to cost a small fortune.
Flying over there some were...
2009-08-25, 7:40 PM #21
Originally posted by Temperamental:
The only reason I would want it PC only is because I think if they tried to release it on consoles it would take a lot away from the PC modding aspect of the game.

I doubt it will be openly moddable. LEC is giving a third party company the port job, Aspyr (http://www.aspyr.com/), who never was part of any modding scene.

I wouldn't be surprised if LEC doesn't want heathens touching their precious game and physics engine. But I could be wrong if they have a change of heart.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-08-25, 7:52 PM #22
I thought Aspyr shut down years ago? Must have been bought up or something...

Echoman, I think LEC's modding attitude as of late is that they don't stop modding but don't go out of their way to help it.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-08-25, 7:58 PM #23
That's why I mentioned "openly moddable". Perhaps that was a poor choice of words on my part. I'm willing to bet a modding scene will come out when people will mess with the files.

FU seems like a candidate for people fooling around with mapping and physics. I mean, the game did feel like a wacky tech demo at times.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-08-25, 8:38 PM #24
Originally posted by Jep:
Its cool that its coming to PC but its the only thing good about this release.

The bull**** 2 level expansion on Xbox and PS3 is obvious cash-milking. Made all the more clear by releasing only one of the two levels (Tatooine) as DLC.

I'm sure the second one will get around to being released as DLC. It's just a simple marketing tool to release one at a time, let the interest in the first wame then release the second.
Pissed Off?
2009-08-26, 9:51 AM #25
I don't have any of the DLC, so I might end up taking my used game to GameStop and getting the new one for $40.
2009-08-26, 1:54 PM #26
If LA were to port Jedi Knight to this engine, I would pay big cashmoney.
Would anyone else?
2009-08-26, 2:02 PM #27
No. It would ruin the FPS perspective of JK completely.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn

↑ Up to the top!