Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So I recently re-installed Jedi Academy....
So I recently re-installed Jedi Academy....
2009-08-26, 7:30 AM #1
Since I hadn't played it for a year or two now, and I wanted to see if the multiplayer community had changed much.

It is still full of 13 year olds.

Some things never change.

Discuss which games you have played where the multiplayer community really hasn't changed a lot over the years.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-08-26, 7:32 AM #2
Halo series :P

**** tards are **** tards

WoW has been the same cesspool of scum and immaturity for a few years now, but it wasn't quite always like that.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-08-26, 7:44 AM #3
Is it still full of 13 year old that just stand around and chat instead of fighting?
nope.
2009-08-26, 7:46 AM #4
Yup. Whenever they do stand around and talk, they have the need to TALK IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I LIKE TO SHOW OFF IN FRONT OF MY CLAN MATES, LOL. :tfti:
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-08-26, 11:27 AM #5
Multiplayer JO/JA sucks. SP is where it's at.
DO NOT WANT.
2009-08-26, 11:30 AM #6
Worst game online communities I've ever experienced were WoW, Cs Source, & Halo 3
2009-08-26, 11:31 AM #7
Agreed with Zell. In fact, I didn't even know what kind of good JA SP levels there were before I reinstalled JA this March ... stuff like the Nina series, Imperial outpost 1-3, Dash Rendar Resurgence, Dark Forces Mod 6-level demo...

... only made me realize how neat Enter the Dark Lord would have been. Hell, I've got to dedicate TODOA to AKPiggott for all his influence on MotS and beyond! :cool:
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-08-26, 11:35 AM #8
Originally posted by Zell:
Multiplayer JO/JA sucks. SP is where it's at.

Multiplayer was fun if you could get enough people up for an actual game.

As it was people only really played duel mode. And CTF, that was actually pretty fun.
nope.
2009-08-26, 12:15 PM #9
Diablo II online community still sucks, full of hackers and modded items. Playing it on LAN with a couple buddies is the way to go.

I jumped into a Halo PC game a while back, still the same. Moron's who like to talk big when they win, and scream HAX when they lose.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-08-26, 12:26 PM #10
JO CTF was awesome. The ridiculous number of bugs in it actually made it even more fun. Nothing like flying across nar in 15 seconds flat.
2009-08-26, 1:50 PM #11
GunZ: The Duel -- still the same.

Despite the name, if you use anything besides a sword and don't jump around like an idiot, you are a "sprayer", "noob", or when your really cleaning house, a "haker". Jumping sword idiots (better known as k-stylers) do not like UT style takedowns in that game, heh. Needless to say, when you get a bunch of your FPS buddies to jump into a 20 person game, it gets pretty hilarious.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-08-26, 1:56 PM #12
No, the reason everyone uses swords in that game is because they're ridiculously glitched and the lag makes it nearly impossible to hit anyone from any distance. And the game is one of the most hacked games that still exists.
2009-08-26, 1:57 PM #13
Meh, every time I play it I clean house with rifles, shotguns, and flashbangs. Lag is never bad for me honestly. As long as you keep your distance and time the jumps, you'll almost always peg them down before they get to you. Regardless its still hilarious to see them piss and whine about someone using guns when clearly that is the main design/title of the game.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-08-26, 1:59 PM #14
I remember when Gunz was first released and running into a bunch of 'ians whilst I was playing. I think I ended up in the same game as Pommy multiple times.
nope.
2009-08-26, 2:05 PM #15
I play Gunz every now and then. The hacking is just ridiculous.
2009-08-26, 3:47 PM #16
Speaking of JO and JA, which are the most populated to play online? I was going to reinstall one of them but no sense in doing both if only one is really played by a lot of people still.
2009-08-26, 7:59 PM #17
There are usually at least 500+ players on JA at any given time. I don't own JO for PC, so I don't know those numbers.
2009-08-26, 8:36 PM #18
Thanks. It seems JA is the more modded one out of the two as well, more available custom mods on moddb and other modding websites for JA than for JO. Guess I'll reinstall her.
2009-08-26, 8:39 PM #19
i occasionally pop into CS from time to time... still the same group of 12 year olds with only one stretegy... RUSH B and they can't go 5 seconds without doing a mic check

fewer hackers and mic spammers than there once was though... i do miss killing terrorists while bananaphone plays over the voice chat
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-08-26, 9:04 PM #20
Originally posted by Onimusha:
GunZ: The Duel -- still the same.

Despite the name, if you use anything besides a sword and don't jump around like an idiot, you are a "sprayer", "noob", or when your really cleaning house, a "haker". Jumping sword idiots (better known as k-stylers) do not like UT style takedowns in that game, heh. Needless to say, when you get a bunch of your FPS buddies to jump into a 20 person game, it gets pretty hilarious.

I tried that game once, the server I was on was completely unplayable with lag. Uninstalled immediately.

Hearing about the hacking I guess I should be glad I didn't get into it.

2009-08-27, 3:34 AM #21
I actually think that one of the worst communities was for Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight on the Internet Gaming Zone (specifically the Nar Shaddaa game lobby). While there were many nice people in there, the *******s cancelled it all out. It was actually so bad that my friends & I ended up avoiding the place until we didn't have a choice anymore (once JediBoard died & Qtracker functionality was interrupted for about a year). You can still witness the idiocy on the JKDF2.net forums (feel free to have a look). I'm obviously not calling everyone there idiots, but it's definitely more difficult to find someone that's not a total douche than it is to find someone that's not. And that's truly unfortunate because there are so few people left that actually play the game & it often seems like 50% or more are total ****tards. The ability to "hack" games was also a horrible aspect of the community as well as the game. Over time the "hacks" became so good that it was often difficult to tell who was cheating & who wasn't, even if you were a veteran player. Such a good game with such a bad community of players. However, the JediBoard community was awesome. The games were rarely ever hacked (in comparison with the Zone) & I always felt like the average player was a bit more mature (this may have had something to do with the fact that most idiots don't know how to find their own IP address which is why they defaulted to the Zone). I would also add that the Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith community on the Zone wasn't quite as bad.
? :)
2009-08-27, 5:56 AM #22
The annoying thing about JA is that it killed off JO multiplayer, which was far superior.

JA was a terrible, terrible game.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-08-27, 6:38 AM #23
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
i occasionally pop into CS from time to time... still the same group of 12 year olds with only one stretegy... RUSH B and they can't go 5 seconds without doing a mic check

fewer hackers and mic spammers than there once was though... i do miss killing terrorists while bananaphone plays over the voice chat

So do I, but when I do, I play on a Russian server where people seem to be (usually) more chilled. There's even some sort of a gentlemen code where Ts won't rush Dust2's B if there are less than 5 members on each side.
幻術
2009-08-27, 7:44 AM #24
Originally posted by Detty:

JA was a terrible, terrible game.

I agree that JO was far superior.

But JA is like eating at your favorite fast food restaurant. You know it sucks, it's bad for you, but you are compelled to do it anyway.
2009-08-27, 5:37 PM #25
DoTA has the worst community ever
2009-08-27, 7:29 PM #26
Originally posted by Couchman:

"OH MY SWEET CHRIST YOU DIED!? Why didn't you use your ult!? Oh for ****'s sake! Feeder. Omg that's game. I quit. ****ing n00b. Maybe if my team didn't suck we could have been competitive."

In all my time watching and playing DotA, I've seen no more than at most three games run to completion with everyone who started still playing.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2009-08-27, 7:38 PM #27
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
"OH MY SWEET CHRIST YOU DIED!? Why didn't you use your ult!? Oh for ****'s sake! Feeder. Omg that's game. I quit. ****ing n00b. Maybe if my team didn't suck we could have been competitive."

In all my time watching and playing DotA, I've seen no more than at most three games run to completion with everyone who started still playing.

same, but i cant get enough of the game
2009-08-27, 8:39 PM #28
What's wrong with the WoW crowd? (directed at those of you who have commented on it)

Sure it's got its share of retards, but what sort of multiplayer experience doesn't? Honestly, I've found the majority of WoW players to be very friendly and mature. Sure you gotta ignore the idiots (and sometimes you get camped by some retard with nothing better to do while you're trying to level), but compared to other online multiplayer communities, those seem to be relatively uncommon issues. Maybe it depends more on what faction you play on and/or what server.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-08-27, 9:07 PM #29

theres was some brouhaha when some starcraft 2 forum OP wrote about how DOTA should be banned from SC2 battle.net

2009-08-27, 9:09 PM #30
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
What's wrong with the WoW crowd? (directed at those of you who have commented on it)

Sure it's got its share of retards, but what sort of multiplayer experience doesn't? Honestly, I've found the majority of WoW players to be very friendly and mature. Sure you gotta ignore the idiots (and sometimes you get camped by some retard with nothing better to do while you're trying to level), but compared to other online multiplayer communities, those seem to be relatively uncommon issues. Maybe it depends more on what faction you play on and/or what server.

anal [ ]

2009-08-28, 2:04 PM #31
same, but i cant get enough of the game

Oh, I'd love it too if I could play it enough to get good. I have a friend who is pretty good, but all he did for one semester of school was stay up til 2 or 3 every night playing DotA. He's amazing to watch play.
I had a blog. It sucked.

↑ Up to the top!