Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dreamweaver Help?
Dreamweaver Help?
2009-08-29, 1:54 PM #1
Sorry to bother everyone again with another HELP thread, and feel free to move this.

I am trying to create a basic Personal Photography site for a friend with Dreamweaver, and so far = not working out so well.
I'm looking to have a Main, About, Contact, and Gallery pages where they have the option to buy using PayPal.

So I'm looking for anyone who knows DW and has a cool template for this type of page, or can make one. And then can be there to help with any other questions getting it up and running.

Offering a whole $25.00. PM me or reply. Thanks
2009-08-29, 2:01 PM #2
Just use Tumblr or a CMS that's already intended for selling photography. No one is likely going to do it for you for free.

DW is only useful as a project manager for people who actually know what they're doing.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-08-29, 2:05 PM #3
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Just use Tumblr or a CMS that's already intended for selling photography. No one is likely going to do it for you for free.

DW is only useful as a project manager for people who actually know what they're doing.

The problem is I need something that has a purchasing option.
2009-08-29, 2:21 PM #4
Google Checkout is relatively easy to set up. You can probably find plugins for most major CMS' that automagically do what is already ridiculously easy.
Or just learn HTML, CSS, and some PHP and write one yourself. Dreamweaver is the longest way around.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-08-29, 2:27 PM #5
Originally posted by Unknown User:
The problem is I need something that has a purchasing option.

Get Joomla or Drupal, download addons that allow you to do this
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-08-29, 3:04 PM #6
I am also trying to do this on a Mac. So something OSX compatible.
2009-08-29, 3:59 PM #7
Well CMSs are server-side so it wouldn't be running on your computer. I second something like Joomla or Drupal although I hate Joomla.

If you want something a bit more lightweight, zenphoto (http://www.zenphoto.org/) is a pretty decent little photo gallery (it has a plugin called zenpage which adds "CMS"/blog functionality). It's free.

Also just FYI $25 is a very small amount for a web project fee haha
一个大西瓜
2009-08-29, 5:13 PM #8
Google Checkout does have a really easy to use app creator so you could grab that zen photo thing above and slap a google checkout ontop. Done deal.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-09-05, 12:07 PM #9
Sorry for the ****ty Ressurection, but all I get with these programs is a bunch of .PHP files and such. How do I take these and open them or create something with them?
2009-09-05, 12:09 PM #10
Originally posted by Unknown User:
Sorry for the ****ty Ressurection, but all I get with these programs is a bunch of .PHP files and such. How do I take these and open them or create something with them?

If you don't know what to do with PHP files, I think you're way over your head here. Those places come with nearly foolproof installation instructions on their websites in the first place.
2009-09-05, 1:21 PM #11
why do people constantly come to massassi needing help for a project they probably shouldn't be doing?
The Gas Station
2009-09-05, 2:04 PM #12
Massassians helping Massassians!
2009-09-05, 7:18 PM #13
If I were you, I would just do the right thing & tell your friend that you have absolutely no idea what you're doing & direct him to someone that does. There's a reason that people go to school for 2-4 years for this. That doesn't mean that you can't teach yourself to do this type of work, if you're intellectually curious about the subject, which you don't appear to be or you wouldn't be here asking questions (you'd be reading articles & books).
? :)

↑ Up to the top!