Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → i converted my car from automatic to manual...many pics..massassi gearheads come in!
i converted my car from automatic to manual...many pics..massassi gearheads come in!
2009-08-31, 4:10 PM #41
Originally posted by Steven:
Scion xB (I didn't think they could make it uglier, but they did!)

**** yo
[http://persiches.com/4x4_scion_xb.jpg]
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-08-31, 5:48 PM #42
Originally posted by dalf:
You have a Scion tC? Pics!

The short shifter isn't TRD so it isn't gonna be a full TRD :P

I have TRD springs installed and the aforementioned shifter knob. I'm not sure about the rest. I want to put this on. I heard sound clips of it and it sounds quiet, not "fart can." There are a myraid of things I want to do to it. However, it's my daily driver so I can't really do much.

Edit: I would love to do something like this and this (anybody with some EE experience in San Diego?)

I would but currently it's stock (with the exception of the Greddy bolt on turbo kit for the '08) and automatic. I'm planning on doing a conversion, but I want to get it through a winter here before I commit to it. I added you on Facebook. Pics are there.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2009-08-31, 6:20 PM #43
Quote:
I would but currently it's stock (with the exception of the Greddy bolt on turbo kit for the '08)

That is not exactly "stock".
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-08-31, 6:26 PM #44
wwhich might be why he said "with the exception of"
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-08-31, 7:34 PM #45
Originally posted by Emon:
**** yo
[http://persiches.com/4x4_scion_xb.jpg]

this can't be real
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-08-31, 7:43 PM #46
Not sure, but this is:
[http://media.truckblog.com/delorean.jpg]
2009-08-31, 8:06 PM #47
A 2008 Flint Mica tC I spot there, Aaron? Two things you need to do immediately to the car. Drop & tint. You said you wanted to go TRD? Lowering Springs. If you want to stay TRD, that site is widely recommended on places like Scion Life. A DIY spring install isn't as daunting as you think esp. if you are mechanically inclined. I chose to have a friend help me because well..like I said, it's my daily driver. I **** it up, I have no ride. Tinting, shop around your area. Find out who is respectable. You don't want to end up with a tint job that "bubbles"

Scion haters! :mad:

My car = :awesome:
[http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo276/dalf/Scion%20tC/beauty.jpg]

[http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo276/dalf/Scion%20tC/rear.jpg]

[http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo276/dalf/Scion%20tC/carCare.jpg]

(****!)
[http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo276/dalf/Scion%20tC/failMod.jpg]
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2009-08-31, 8:13 PM #48
dalf: that car looks like the unholy combination of a civic and a bmw, with a terrible shade of blue/gray/whatever to boot.

:colbert:
2009-08-31, 8:44 PM #49
It's okay, it's not that bad.
2009-09-01, 5:48 AM #50
Originally posted by Emon:
Not sure, but this is:
[http://media.truckblog.com/delorean.jpg]

No....NO.....NOOOOO... :(
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2009-09-01, 6:10 AM #51
[http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo276/dalf/Scion%20tC/beauty.jpg]

This is the first time I've ever seen a scion, and it's definately prettier than that monstrosity that CM drives. :P
nope.
2009-09-01, 10:01 AM #52
My biggest problem with Scion TC is the fact that people bother to pimp them out, fix them up, and do all sorts of modifications to an economy car. I mean, it's a front wheel drive 4-banger with a whopping 160hp. It's not a sports car, stop acting like it is. It's an economy coupe.

Beside that, they're kind of ugly and are a dime-a-dozen.
2009-09-01, 11:36 PM #53
Trust me, they not as bad as Honda civics or Subaru WRXs or Mazda 3s. I have yet to see a 3 or WRX that isn't equipped with black rims, fart can, and a marine. I see loads of tCs and their stock and a chick is behild the wheel.

Yeah, it's an economy car. It's FWD, 160 bhp motor. What do you expect for < $20,000? With all the aftermarket parts, I thought I would make it "just a little more than an economy car."
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2009-09-02, 5:15 AM #54
I don't think I've ever seen a modded mazda 3.

Or a mazda 3 being driven by the kind of jackass that defiles decent cars.
nope.
2009-09-02, 6:22 AM #55
Originally posted by Baconfish:

I saw my first last weekend.

On that note though, I wouldn't lump a WRX into the same category as a Civic or 3. 265 hp + AWD gives slightly different results than the first 2...
2009-09-02, 6:43 AM #56
Yeah, it's an economy car. It's FWD, 160 bhp motor. What do you expect for < $20,000? With all the aftermarket parts, I thought I would make it "just a little more than an economy car."

I paid $5000 for my Taurus back in 2004. It had 40,000 miles on it and was in near-perfect condition. And at least mine is a 6 cylinder :p
2009-09-02, 7:27 AM #57
Quote:
eah, it's an economy car. It's FWD, 160 bhp motor. What do you expect for < $20,000?

Nothing a small block V8 can't fix.
-Martyn
2009-09-02, 8:11 AM #58
Originally posted by Baconfish:

Or a mazda 3 being driven by the kind of jackass that defiles decent cars.

silly boco, Britlandia doesn't have cars bigger then a shoebox!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-09-02, 7:28 PM #59
Trust me, they not as bad as Honda civics or Subaru WRXs or Mazda 3s. I have yet to see a 3 or WRX that isn't equipped with black rims, fart can, and a marine. I see loads of tCs and their stock and a chick is behild the wheel.

And the TRD conversion makes the car pretty sweet. I agree that pre 2008 the tC was a little ugly, but the new front end is pretty nice looking (I like mine anyways). And with the TRD turbo and other accessories, it's no longer an economy car. Just like a Civic, the aftermarket for these cars is really where it's at. They were designed for modifications, and making those modifications is ridiculously easy.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2009-09-02, 8:38 PM #60
TRD makes a turbo? I thought they made just a supercharger?
2009-09-02, 10:11 PM #61
Originally posted by Yecti:
They were designed for modifications, and making those modifications is ridiculously easy.

You call that car modding? Please....... that's practically tacking on dealer options!

My swap involved all kinds of research, including referencing dealer service manuals, talking to the old guys at dealer parts desks, talking to other people online and in local circles who have done the swap trying to figure out what parts are needed, what's compatible, what I'm likely to find sitting around in scrap piles and what I'm NOT likely to find, and this all doesn't even take into account all the time I actually spent scouring scrap yards, craigslist, junk piles in the garage of a friend of a friend of a friend, and even being able to identify the part if it happens to be rotting away before my eyes. I cut, I drilled, I welded, I soldered, I fabricated some of my own solutions where parts were simply no longer available, and so on and so forth. I'm not even sure what year car this transmission even came out of, because it wasn't original to the car I bought it out of, it had received a similar swap.

There are no "instructions" on how to do these things, there are no "bolt on kits", it doesn't come in a box, or any of that watered down jazz. It's about figuring out HOW it works, WHAT you need, WHERE you are going to find it, and what you need to do with it just as much is it's about actually doing it!

Needless to say, the pride I feel every second of driving this car is absolutely unmeasurable and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I only hope that you and all the other hot rodders, techies, modders-of-anything, etc out there get a chance to feel the same thing about their projects, their hobby, their pride and joy whatever it may be.
2009-09-02, 10:50 PM #62
Originally posted by Dash_rendar:
You call that car modding? Please....... that's practically tacking on dealer options!

My swap involved all kinds of research, including referencing dealer service manuals, talking to the old guys at dealer parts desks, talking to other people online and in local circles who have done the swap trying to figure out what parts are needed, what's compatible, what I'm likely to find sitting around in scrap piles and what I'm NOT likely to find, and this all doesn't even take into account all the time I actually spent scouring scrap yards, craigslist, junk piles in the garage of a friend of a friend of a friend, and even being able to identify the part if it happens to be rotting away before my eyes. I cut, I drilled, I welded, I soldered, I fabricated some of my own solutions where parts were simply no longer available, and so on and so forth. I'm not even sure what year car this transmission even came out of, because it wasn't original to the car I bought it out of, it had received a similar swap.

There are no "instructions" on how to do these things, there are no "bolt on kits", it doesn't come in a box, or any of that watered down jazz. It's about figuring out HOW it works, WHAT you need, WHERE you are going to find it, and what you need to do with it just as much is it's about actually doing it!

Needless to say, the pride I feel every second of driving this car is absolutely unmeasurable and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I only hope that you and all the other hot rodders, techies, modders-of-anything, etc out there get a chance to feel the same thing about their projects, their hobby, their pride and joy whatever it may be.

Not to rain on your parade, but instructions or not, some after market modifications are extremely difficult. For example any forced induction system is a pain in the *** to get running just right. Its takes skill and patience and either way, guided or not, its still a great accomplishment. I rebuilt my engine top to bottom and you better believe I needed a guide for a 4v v8. I feel the same sense of accomplishment, because machine work aside, I did it all myself. I know what you mean, I just want to point out that it doesn't always have to be a completely scratch project to garner the same feelings.
-Martyn
2009-09-02, 11:13 PM #63
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
I paid $5000 for my Taurus back in 2004. It had 40,000 miles on it and was in near-perfect condition. And at least mine is a 6 cylinder :p

My car is only a 4 cylinder. I'll race ya. :cool:
woot!
2009-09-03, 1:19 AM #64
Too brash.

Dash, that's a 3rd generation camaro right? The picture of the white one in the wiki article gives me a hard on. The rear is ugly as sin though.

Murc, those plaid seats look horrible.

And Scions look as unremarkable as any other economy 4-door. If you're going to be spending more time and money on it, might as well go for a used BMW 3-series/M3 or something.
2009-09-03, 4:18 AM #65
Quote:
My swap involved all kinds of research, including referencing dealer service manuals, talking to the old guys at dealer parts desks........

You are on TGO right??

↑ Up to the top!