Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So Aion
So Aion
2009-08-31, 5:24 AM #1
I know a few of you are pretty excited about the game and have had a chance to toy with the beta.

I have a few questions that I cannot find an answer to, at least not without reading through a dozen articles chock full with unrelated information.

How is character creation in Aion? Is it more akin to WoW/EQ2/Warhammer's limited system of selecting a face, using a few sliders for body height, etc? Or is it more akin to City of Heroes, Champions Online, etc. where you're offered a large number of sliders, even having a chance to pick what your armor and clothing look like?
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-08-31, 5:53 AM #2
I have lots of pics, let me demonstrate:

http://www.getdropbox.com/gallery/41063/1/Aion?h=180b8b
2009-08-31, 6:04 AM #3
Oh that's very neat!

What about clothing and armor? Is there a good diversity or does everyone end up wearing the same stuff (usually a handful variations per class)?

I would imagine the asian influence would put an emphasis on character style (since anime/manga is all about how awesome a character is :P)
2009-08-31, 6:23 AM #4
I wouldn't say there's an enormous set of different armors. There's cloth, leather, chain, and plate armor (and probably something above that at higher levels). And there's usually a different armor type for each class of armor every 2 levels.

The important thing though, is that when you get to a higher level, you can actually pay some kinah (ingame gold) and make your armor look like other armor you own. Thus, if you like the look of a weaker armor, but still want the stats of your mismatched current set, you can do that, if you have the money.
2009-08-31, 6:26 AM #5
Ah yes, Lord of the Rings Online had a similar system, though it was free but you had to carry both the stats gear and the looks gear in your inventory.

I'm rather tempted in this game, especially since its one of the rare, more recent mmos, that my PC will be able to run.
2009-08-31, 6:51 AM #6
Preordered. See you in beta/headstart ;)
2009-08-31, 7:49 AM #7
Not likely, I'll be running through it so fast :p
2009-08-31, 7:53 AM #8
haha :P
2009-08-31, 8:27 AM #9
Is this going to be another Darkfall fiasco where everyone is hyping it as the "WoW-killer" of tomorrow?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-08-31, 8:58 AM #10
Every mmo is labeled as a wow killer when they come out. They always fail, and gather only a moderate following. It'll likely be the same thing here, with a faithful few 100000s, just like AoC, just like Warhammer, etc.

I usually just pick up new MMO's that interest me and just get a character to level cap to see and enjoy the content. Then I just put it away.
2009-08-31, 1:13 PM #11
I think until WoW is closed it'll be holding onto it's numbers for quite a long time,

that aside I do like the look of Aion and I'll probably give it a look, WoW is getting silly in terms of how easy it is to gear up a character. Also these new "hard modes" are great and all (and luckily I'm part of a guild that can attempt/do them) they don't really grab me as being worthwhile.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2009-08-31, 5:49 PM #12
Heard Aion is too much of a grind. No thank you.

↑ Up to the top!