Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So Disney is buying Marvel.
So Disney is buying Marvel.
2009-08-31, 7:58 AM #1
Toy Story 3 to have Iron Man and Wolverine in it?

Iron Man 2 to have Mickey Mouse in it?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090831/ap_on_bi_ge/us_disney_marvel_entertainment

Discuss.

I, for one, disapprove of this.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2009-08-31, 8:06 AM #2
I for one, am excited. The oligopoly of the entertainment industry has been shrinking as giant corporations have been merging and buying each other out. Soon, Disney will buy out TimeWarner, and then eventually Disney will be declared a monopoly and the entire entertainment industry as we know it will explode.

Though, that is unlikely as it's possible Disney may purchase America, in which case Mickey Mouse will be elected President of the United States. :suicide:
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-08-31, 8:07 AM #3
I for one, don't care.

Well maybe a little bit, as long as they're going to make neat Iron Man movies or whatever. [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/fgrwink.png]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-08-31, 9:01 AM #4
I don't see anything wrong with it. Fox and Sony have both ****ed up Marvel stories with crappy movies. Disney has The Incredibles under its belt (albeit made via Pixar, but still owned by Disney).
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-08-31, 10:01 AM #5
In other news, Brandon Fraser will be playing Tony Stark in the next Iron Man movie, The Rock will also be playing Bruce Banner, and the entire X-Men cast will be replaced by the cast of High School Musical.
Lyrics are highly overrated.
2009-08-31, 10:42 AM #6
Could be cool, as long as disney doesn't try to make marvel family friendly.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-08-31, 10:43 AM #7
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:

This x 1000
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-08-31, 10:57 AM #8
Holy crap I just realized how awesome Kingdom Hearts VIII with Mickey, Donald and Sora (or whoever) fighting against Doctor Doom would be.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-08-31, 2:44 PM #9
So what does this mean for Universal Studios (the theme park) in Florida?

The Incredible Hulk ride, Spiderman, etc. Do they have to close them now since technically it goes against their competitor (Disney World)?
2009-08-31, 2:50 PM #10
Well, the rides are "based" on the movies that they produced, so they shouldn't be affected.
"You were probably a result of sabotage."
2009-08-31, 3:31 PM #11
I wouldn't worry about a Punisher family friendly movie. Remember, there are other children companies such as Miramax (Kill Bill) so it's not like all superhero movies will be family friendly now.
2009-08-31, 8:58 PM #12
hey you know what would be cool? a disney movie that has things against the norm (maybe an interracial gay couple) but everyone in the movie looks past that and carries on

2009-09-01, 7:35 AM #13
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
So what does this mean for Universal Studios (the theme park) in Florida?

The Incredible Hulk ride, Spiderman, etc. Do they have to close them now since technically it goes against their competitor (Disney World)?

Worst case scenario is they'll just repaint the rides and give them another theme.
2009-09-01, 8:07 AM #14
Originally posted by Tank:
hey you know what would be cool? a disney movie that has things against the norm (maybe an interracial gay couple) but everyone in the movie looks past that and carries on

Know what would be really cool? A Disney movie that includes a member of a visible minority who is not either a caricature or brazenly celebrated for not being a caricature.
2009-09-01, 8:30 AM #15
Originally posted by Cloud:
I wouldn't worry about a Punisher family friendly movie. Remember, there are other children companies such as Miramax (Kill Bill) so it's not like all superhero movies will be family friendly now.

This, forever and ever.

It'd be nice if people would realise Mickey Mouse didn't buy Marvel - a multimedia conglomerate did. Disney already has several alternate film labels like Touchstone Pictures and Mirmax Films for producing and distributing non-kid movies. Movies like No Country for Old Men, Hostage, Apocalypto, Pearl Habour and a hell of a lot more.

Disney also owns Pixar Animation Studios. A Marvel property in their hands is just about as close as one could get to almost literally bringing a comic book to life.

Unless, of course, you've enjoyed what Sony and Fox have done with those Marvel properties. I think I could have done without Spider-Man 3. And Daredevil. And X-Men Origins: Wolverine. And X-Men 3. And Fantastic Four.

Too bad this buy doesn't include film deals that are currently in the works - looking forward to Spider-Man 4: Tobey Maguire Is Too Old for This **** and Fantastic Four 3: Trying to get to FF4 4 Just to Blow People's Minds. Oh and lets not forget X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2: The Legend of Wolvie's Mutton-chops.
2009-09-01, 8:38 AM #16
Originally posted by Jin:
It'd be nice if people would realise Mickey Mouse didn't buy Marvel - a multimedia conglomerate did.
Too bad they've already said this is a part of their blitzkrieg to build up the Disney brand with adolescent boys. Miramax literally only exists to insulate the Disney brand from being associated with movies like Jay and Silent Bob or Kill Bill. So, yes, Mickey Mouse did indeed buy Marvel.
2009-09-01, 9:15 AM #17
The Disney brand has not been Mickey Mouse for decades.

It's Miley Cyrus now. Get with the times, man.
2009-09-01, 9:29 AM #18
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:

[http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/uesbounty/screenshot_219421.jpg]

[http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/uesbounty/screenshot_219420.jpg]

[http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/uesbounty/screenshot_219419.jpg]

I wouldn't worry too much...
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2009-09-01, 9:38 AM #19
All I want to say is I still want to see an X-men movie with Apocalypse.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2009-09-01, 10:46 AM #20
Supposedly, that one guy was supposed to be apocalypse in X-3
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2009-09-01, 10:49 AM #21
That one guy, you say?
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-09-01, 11:45 AM #22
Oh my bad. It was colossus. Daniel Cudmore is the actor's name.

↑ Up to the top!