Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → hollywood ruins everything
hollywood ruins everything
2009-09-01, 9:15 PM #1
smurf movie

http://www.examiner.com/x-14856-Charlotte-Movie-Examiner~y2009m9d1-Smurfs-movie-to-bring-tralala-joy-with-Christmas-release
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-09-01, 9:28 PM #2
[http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/smurf_movie_poster.jpg]

:downswords:
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-09-01, 9:53 PM #3
Everyone complaining about this movie has not actually watched the cartoon series since they were children and actually believe it was good.

It's like everyone complaining about the Transformer movies because they weren't like the awful 80s cartoon series.
2009-09-01, 9:59 PM #4
Originally posted by Jin:
It's like everyone complaining about the Transformer movies because they weren't like the awful 80s cartoon series.

die in a fire
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-09-01, 11:31 PM #5
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
die in a pit of spiders

Fixed.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2009-09-02, 1:29 AM #6
i heard it was gonna be a live-action flick

[http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9846/ifellsexy35zh3.jpg]

o.0
2009-09-02, 1:29 AM #7
You know I'm right. :colbert:
2009-09-02, 4:27 AM #8
About the Smurfs, yes. Not about the Transformers, they were awesome.

The Smurfs show sucked because it was a low-budget, poorly animated and acted rendition of the very witty and satirical comic by Peyo.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2009-09-02, 4:46 AM #9
Originally posted by Greenboy:
i heard it was gonna be a live-action flick

[http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9846/ifellsexy35zh3.jpg]

Can't sleep, Smurf'll eat me.
Can't sleep, Smurf'll eat me.
nope.
2009-09-02, 7:34 AM #10
Originally posted by Fardreamer:
About the Smurfs, yet. Not about the Transformers, they were awesome.

The Transformers show sucked because it was a low-budget, poorly animated and acted 20-minute toy commercial.
2009-09-02, 8:00 AM #11
True, but the toys are awesome [http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/131/2/8/Transformers_Alt_Jazz_icon_by_Skowl_The_Howler.gif]
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2009-09-02, 8:15 AM #12
Oh nostalgia, how it so glorifies the past of many people is beyond me.

EDIT: This is not to say that Hollywood does not ruin things.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2009-09-02, 10:35 AM #13
next jin will try to defend the GI Joe movie by calling the cartoon awful

at which point i suggest we all make a roadtrip to jin's house

i'll bring the rope and torches
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-09-02, 1:28 PM #14
Facts about the smurfs :

There is only one girl smurf.

She was created by Gargamel.

You do not need to know anything else about the smurfs.
2009-09-02, 2:03 PM #15
I'll bet my left nut that it'll be in "OMFG 3D".

And what JM speaks is true. Alvin & the Chipmunks was the same thing. The same with the Mario Brothers movie [/spoiler](which I secretly love)[/spoiler]. Just how good can you make a movie from a video game that is basically the story about a plumber somehow inexplicably in a magical world that jumps on little weird animals heads and eats mushrooms basically as steroids and eats plants to spit fireballs and destroy ****. Seriously how good of a movie can you pull from that? Or a bunch of singing chipmunks that nobody seems to question, EVER?

There are two exceptions to my childhood cartoons being made into films.. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (At least the first two) and the Duck Tales movie. Off the top of my head. There could be many more but I can't recall at the moment.
2009-09-02, 3:34 PM #16
Oh man, I thought that smurfing poster was faked, but unfortunately it's not.
2009-09-02, 9:35 PM #17
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
next jin will try to defend the GI Joe movie by calling the cartoon awful

The cartoon was entertainingly bad, the movie was just regular bad. I actually really like the cartoon because it's pretty fun, if a little silly. I didn't like the movie because it seemed to needlessly re-write character histories and futurise everything. And it wasn't all that fun.

Originally posted by Temperamental:
I'll bet my left nut that it'll be in "OMFG 3D"

afaik it's going to be CG smurfs [probably] in a CG world with Gargamel being a live-action character. I haven't heard anything about it being 3D, like with goggles or whatever.
2009-09-02, 11:53 PM #18
Whatever happened to original movies? Where are the Hitchcocks of our generation? Nostalgia is a powerful tool to entice moviegoers, but it is absolute insult to the art of cinema when people decide that making a Smurfs movie is a great idea.

2009-09-03, 3:20 AM #19
yo BZ, here are some other movies in the works

Monopoly - As in the board game. Ridley Scott is attached to this one.
Battleship - Another board game. I think Michael Bay was attached to this at some point. Or maybe that was just a joke, because it seems like his kind of movie.
Ouija - A movie about the Ouija board game. Michael Bay is attached to this one, but I think only as a producer.
Stretch Armstrong - Yeah, the toy.

I think these are all set for around 2011. Should be a good year for cinema!

:carl:
2009-09-03, 3:55 AM #20
awwww F*** :mad:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2009-09-03, 5:27 AM #21
Well a few years ago someone decided to make a film reusing 70s and 80s tv shows, someone else thought it was a brilliant idea and here we are.

Don't worry, I'm sure it'll die off after Matt Damon wins an oscar for his performance in TJ Hooker the movie.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!