Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → *sniff* the 90s are over
*sniff* the 90s are over
2009-09-02, 2:30 AM #1
I just bought two 10-shot packs of Polaroid 600 film on Amazon with a 09/09 expiration date, the last date ever prduced and made available in the US.

For some reason I brought my Polaroid camera with me when I moved... I got it in 1995, when I was 8 years old. I have some good memories with it.

I'm going to shoot one pack Labor Day weekend; the other pack I will keep in the fridge as I hear you can extend the lifespan for 2-3 years that way.

I'll post any interesting shots I take for nostalgia's sake. Posible plans include camping in the Olympic mountains, going to a theme park, going to Portland, seeing MSTRKRFT, or some combination of them all.

Here's a good article on the film's demise. Apparently, the Imposible Project is attemptng to resurrect integral film, but with its hipster-backing... even if they succeed, it just won't be the same.

Have any 600 film lying around? Any instant film stories to share?
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2009-09-02, 5:27 AM #2
Ahhh polaroid, the premier way to take dirty photos in the 90s.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-09-02, 6:07 AM #3
I got a film camera in '94; took quite a few pictures with that old thing. I've slowly been digitizing them, but as I have four photo albums full, it takes a while.

Of course I haven't touched it since Christmas '02, when I got my first digital camera. You know what might be a fun thread? Posting the first digital photo you ever took. In fact, I think I may start such a thread.
Stuff
2009-09-02, 7:27 AM #4
The first time I held my Polaroid camera I couldn't figure out how to use it and ended up setting off the flash right in my face.

Good times, good times...
2009-09-02, 7:33 AM #5
http://www.polaroid.com/pogo/

Pretty cool replacement though, you have to admit. Waterproof and you can remove the back to stick them on things.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-09-02, 2:13 PM #6
doesnt have that grainy washed-out retro feel though.
2009-09-02, 3:01 PM #7
Just wait until we cradle the last set of ultra-blu rays and lament that everyone uses protein covered wafers now.
2009-09-02, 3:32 PM #8
I eat protein-covered wafers for breakfast.

true story
Stuff

↑ Up to the top!