Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Favorite Alcohol Thread
Favorite Alcohol Thread
2009-09-02, 11:55 PM #1
Post your favorite alcohol.

Mine:

- Bacardi 151 (Best bang for your buck)
- Steel Reserve (Best beer)
- Captain Morgan (Mixes well with pretty much anything)

Cookies to whoever guesses which one I'm happy off of right now.

2009-09-03, 12:14 AM #2
You're happy off Steel Reserve, obviously.

My favorite alcohol is:
1. Coors (Heavy, the original Banquet Beer [Not light thats for sure!])
2. Bacardi Silver
3. Leininkugel's 1880 Bock
2009-09-03, 12:48 AM #3
Bacardi 151 <-- my guess
2009-09-03, 3:57 AM #4
Tequila
Jack Daniels
Port
Wine

combined with irn bru
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2009-09-03, 4:11 AM #5
I'm happy with pretty much anything that isn't tequila, but if I'm buying I usually get Bacardi Dark. Dark rum + coke is an amazing drink.

As for beer, I've recently discovered Creemore Springs Premium Lager, which is incredibly tasty.
Stuff
2009-09-03, 5:02 AM #6
Well, spirits wise I quite like Morgan's or Glengoyne.
nope.
2009-09-03, 5:54 AM #7
Again?
2009-09-03, 8:41 AM #8
hefeweizens. Actually, pretty much all unfiltered wheat beers. Especially the Pyramid hefe.
2009-09-03, 10:05 AM #9
When I drank... Everclear.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2009-09-03, 10:10 AM #10
I don't like the taste of alcohol...

Beer occasionally.
woot!
2009-09-03, 10:23 AM #11
If I'm feeling cheap.

Hurricane HG 40oz. 8.1 % .. $1.39.
Steel Reserve.. I used to be able to get a 12 pack for under $5..have not seen that around for a while though. Maybe I'll get a tall boy of it for a buck and change.

Cheap handle of rum for $13.

If I got the loot...
Beer: Any local brew. Usually an IPA. If I really got the cash, Sam Adams imperial series.

Just a normal Bacardi or Captains is fine. Rum only for hard alchy. Hate whiskey. Hate tequila even more. I'll drink Vodka no problem, but I'd rather have rum.
2009-09-03, 10:48 AM #12
I love a good local microbrew. There's a lot in this area.

In terms of liquor, I like Tanqueray, Maker's Mark and Stoli.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-09-03, 10:55 AM #13
Any kind of Tequila.
2009-09-03, 10:58 AM #14
Not a huge liquor guy (more of a beer man), but I'll drink just about any if they're mixed - save rum and whiskey. Whiskey I can only drink with a pint (boilermaker) - and it has to be Jameson.

Favorite Beers:
- Newcastle
- Sam Adams Cherry Wheat (Great taste, but can be overwhelming)
- Shiner Bock
- Guinness
- Blue Moon (if I want something light)
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-09-03, 11:03 AM #15
Anything non-flavored.

Any dark beer. Preferably Sam Adams boston or Guiness.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-09-03, 11:09 AM #16
Shiner Bock
Sprechers Hefe Weiss
Jameson Whiskey
Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka
Sailor Jerry's Rum
Green Dragon :)
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-09-03, 11:12 AM #17
At the moment i'm enjoying a nice glass of Ardbeg 10yo scotch islay single malt whisky. This is great, very smoky. I'm thinking of buying some more ardbeg, a little older maybe.
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2009-09-03, 11:12 AM #18
Bowmore Single Malt Scotch Whiskey (super smokey and delicious!)
ST. George Absinthe Verte
Samuel Adams Boston Lager
Guinness(from tap only!)
a number of dark local microbrews....
and.... bud light... go figure.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-09-03, 11:15 AM #19
Originally posted by CaveDemon:
Ardbeg 10yo scotch islay single malt whisky.

*drool*

anything made in islay is awesome! everything from there has a heavy peat/smoke flavor... so good!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-09-03, 11:16 AM #20
Oak-Aged Yeti Imperial Stout (bestest beer ever!!!), Avery IPA, Bridgeport ESB for something with a little less punch. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale if I'm looking for more of a bargain. Lots of other beers, including anything from local breweries Live Oak and 512. Maker's Mark or comparable bourbon. Bombay Sapphire or Hendrick's gin.

Oh, and since it's still fairly early in the day I'm guessing Captain Morgan.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-09-03, 11:21 AM #21
Harpoon IPA
Magic Hat IPA
Frye's Leap IPA (I jump off here all the time..it's like an 80 foot rock cliff off a lake)
Gritty's Christmas Ale
Gritty's IPA
Shipyard Pale Ale
2009-09-03, 2:22 PM #22
While we are at it, I am a fan of smoky scotches and whiskeys. Could any of you recommend me some that in your experiences you have enjoyed, that isn't TERRIBLY priced (like 40+. I understand WHY it is priced 40+, but I just don't have the money to spend)

2009-09-03, 2:25 PM #23
Alcohol: Only whiskey for me. Rum will do if I'm somewhere where whiskey is not. My favorites cycle between Johnnie Walker Red/Gold (scotch I know), Makers Mark, Jameson, and Knob Creek. I keep the bar stocked with tequila and vodka for the ladies.

[http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/jeff1030/bar.jpg]

I guess we are out of tequila however. No idea where the goldschlager came from. I guess my roommate bought it. That ****ty Evan Williams bottle has been sitting there to the left unopened for months. I'll probably sell it to a freshman for way too much money.

Beer: Heineken or Carlsberg if I'm partying, Hoegaarden, Guinness and Guinness 250, most IPA's, Boston Lager, Amstel, and Stella Artois for anything else. I'm burnt out on fat tire and a couple of other beers I used to enjoy.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2009-09-03, 2:28 PM #24
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
(scotch I know)

:confused:

It's better than Irish stuff. :P
nope.
2009-09-03, 2:28 PM #25
Originally posted by mscbuck:
While we are at it, I am a fan of smoky scotches and whiskeys. Could any of you recommend me some that in your experiences you have enjoyed, that isn't TERRIBLY priced (like 40+. I understand WHY it is priced 40+, but I just don't have the money to spend)

Makers Mark is what I drink when I want that oak, smokey flavor.

Originally posted by Baconfish:
:confused:

It's better than Irish stuff. :P

I just figured someone would be an idiot and say ITS NOT WHISKEY ITS SCOTCH. But it is whiskey. Its just scotch whiskey.
2009-09-03, 2:33 PM #26
Actually it's Whisky.

Whisky is scottish, whiskey is irish and if it's from anywhere else it's [place] Whiskey.

:P
nope.
2009-09-03, 3:00 PM #27
Canadian and Japanese whisky are also whisky.

I like Glenlivet 12 pretty well for a single-malt under $40.
2009-09-03, 3:17 PM #28
Evan Williams isn't so bad. Better than Jack Daniels.
:master::master::master:
2009-09-03, 3:32 PM #29
JAGERMEISTER
JOHNNY WALKER BLUE

END.
Think while it's still legal.
2009-09-03, 3:46 PM #30
how often do you drink blue label?
:master::master::master:
2009-09-03, 4:20 PM #31
Beer from Ommegang, Unibroue, Magic Hat, Great Lakes, Stone, Rogue. I like many wheat beers and belgians.

Cider from Strongbow or Harpoon.

Gin from Tanqueray, especially the blend with the rangpurs. I also like Rogue's gin, although it's got quite a spruce punch to it. Bombay Sapphire and Gordon's are good, too.

Light rum from Cruzan or some kinds of Bacardi. Sailor Jerry's spiced rum is one of the best dark rums I've had and is quite affordable, around $20 for a liter.

Silver Xalixco tequila is pretty good and affordable. 1800 isn't bad, I don't care for Petron.

For vodka I like Skyy, good and not too expensive. High shelf vodkas like Grey Goose are good but, not worth it in my opinion since there isn't that much refinement to be had in just alcohol and water.

Never really cared for any kind of whiskey, I like American Honey, though. I'll drink whiskey in cocktails though.

I found that Ryan's Irish Liqueur is about half the price of Bailey's but about twice as good. It doesn't have the awful alcoholic burn that Bailey's has -- which is pathetic given it's low proof.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-09-03, 6:41 PM #32
Originally posted by Trigger Happy Chewie:
hefeweizens. Actually, pretty much all unfiltered wheat beers. Especially the Pyramid hefe.

This.
Well, except for American-style wheat beers, which I find insipid. And I haven't tried the Pyramid hefe.
I'm just a little boy.
2009-09-03, 7:45 PM #33
Sam Adams Black Lager, Boston Lager when I can't get that.
Köstritzer Schwarzbier, German import if you can find it.
I'll try local brews whenever I can if I can find a nice dark lager or brown ale (no stouts).

Bourbon, usually Maker's Mark, will drink that all night.

No real preference with vodka, although I tend to shy away from that now as it can **** me up pretty quick.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2009-09-03, 11:55 PM #34
If the bars on W. 6th keep serving Trumer Pils on draught, it might become my go-to beer for downtown excursions. Very solid pilsner.

Originally posted by Flirbnic:
This.
Well, except for American-style wheat beers, which I find insipid. And I haven't tried the Pyramid hefe.

It's pretty much an American-style wheat beer. Get some Sierra Nevada Kellerweis instead, if you haven't already.
2009-09-04, 8:29 AM #35
Originally posted by mscbuck:

anything that is distilled and bottled on Islay is going to have that smokey flavor. if you stick to the stuff that is only aged 10 years you can find some that is decently priced.
2009-09-04, 8:32 AM #36
Finlandia.

Ice.

Squeeze of lime.
2009-09-04, 9:50 AM #37
Originally posted by Martyn:
Finlandia.

Ice.

Squeeze of lime.

Funny you mention that. I had some Finlandia Grapefruit the other day at my friend's place, yet another bottle we found that was in a closet before his mother left to move down to Florida. Not that bad at all, definitely a "straight from the bottle" worthy one.

Also, I'd throw in also that if any of you are looking for a pretty good tequila that is moderately priced, Lunazul steps up for sure. It's still 100% agave which you don't find in a lot of cheaper tequilas, and it really does taste superb. Good enough that I will voluntarily drink it, and I don't voluntarily drink tequila often (ask MB)

2009-09-04, 9:53 AM #38
I feel terrible. When I'm partying I can put a 750 of whiskey away okay, but I did it last night with that Stoli's and I feel twice as bad as I should. Any reason vodka gives me bad hangovers?

↑ Up to the top!