Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Cheating Son Of A B...
Cheating Son Of A B...
2009-09-06, 3:35 PM #1
...eefcaike.

As I sit and type this I have my xbox live headset on and am watching a game of Smackdown Vs Raw 2009, in which my opponent has grappled the referee so I can't do touch him at all, and has now been gone for 40mins. I guess he's hoping I go. Occassionally he'll return on the headset and ask if I'm there, then make a few weird noises and go again. But yeah as it's a ranked game I guess he's waiting for me to leave so he can get the win.

So while I wait (because I'm stubborn like that, although I have a plan) has anyone else been frustrated with cheaters in games? Share your stories!
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2009-09-06, 3:40 PM #2
Talk about a broken game, if you can do cheap **** like that.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2009-09-06, 3:50 PM #3
How long does the ref stay down in this game? Or is he just keeping the grapple animation going? Can you not interrupt it at all?

I have avoided all frustration with cheaters by only playing any multiplayer with my housemate. If you ever suspect cheating within your household you can enact physical punishment :P
2009-09-06, 3:57 PM #4
NHL 09 online is full of **** like this...NHL 10 is out soon, if it fixes the problems with exploiting glitches I'm gonna be one happy camper!
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2009-09-06, 4:21 PM #5
UFC Undisputed as a lot of people who quit games when they are about to be beat to avoid taking a loss.
Pissed Off?
2009-09-06, 4:22 PM #6
Originally posted by LividDK:
If you ever suspect cheating within your household you can enact physical punishment :P

I'll tell my future wife this.
2009-09-06, 5:26 PM #7
Originally posted by LividDK:
How long does the ref stay down in this game? Or is he just keeping the grapple animation going? Can you not interrupt it at all?

The opponent does a certain grapple (a "ultimate control move") and I can't touch him. I went on some websites and left it on in the background. He came back and I pretended not to be there, so he dragged my wrestler to the ring (I waited at the top of the ramp) and picked me up to do his finisher, which I reversed and did my own finisher, then he disconnected before the three count. But I still won anyway. Idiot.
2009-09-06, 7:12 PM #8
that is why ranked things should count the number of times you disconnect. It should also have some effect on your rank (but not as major an effect as a loss)
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2009-09-06, 7:17 PM #9
you can report people on xbox live for that crap
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-09-06, 9:02 PM #10
I don't get the xbox live people on games like that. My stepson has one of those wrestling games (I don't know what year) and online this one guy kept beating the crap out of him for over an hour but refused to pin him. Is there a point to that?
2009-09-06, 9:15 PM #11
I tried to play Mario Kart DS online a few times, whenever I was about to win my opponent would disconnect. When your opponent disconnects, it dumps you back to the lobby without winning or losing. Because of this I was never able to win a SINGLE game.

It would be very easy to fix this. Simply record every game as a loss for the players before it even starts. Once the game finishes, then change it. This way if someone shuts off their DS in the middle it's properly recorded as a loss, or even a separate "sore loser" category. And of course if all your opponents disconnected change the remaining player's to a "ragequit win".

Fortunately I play a lot of TF2 and cheating is largely non-existent. I can't even remember seeing any personally.

2009-09-06, 9:26 PM #12
Originally posted by Brian:
I don't get the xbox live people on games like that. My stepson has one of those wrestling games (I don't know what year) and online this one guy kept beating the crap out of him for over an hour but refused to pin him. Is there a point to that?

if there was an achievement that could be sped along by doing that crap that might have been the point... which is why i don't like multiplayer achievements/trophies all that much because they encourage stupid crap intended to get achievements quicker

or the person could have just been a complete dick

my favorite goes back to the original xbox and rainbow six 3... the old "standby glitch" where the host sits next to their modem and hits the standby button real quick to lag everyone else out while they get to run around freely for a moment getting kills
2009-09-07, 4:52 AM #13
Originally posted by The Mega-ZZTer:
Fortunately I play a lot of TF2 and cheating is largely non-existent. I can't even remember seeing any personally.

There was a speedhacking, 100%-critting engineer on the PCGamer server for a while.

That was annoying.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2009-09-07, 6:34 AM #14
don't hate the player
2009-09-07, 7:28 AM #15

Is "exploiting" under your definition of cheating? Because every time when Valve releases a new update, there always a bug or something that someone uses to their advantage.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-09-07, 7:44 AM #16
On on the BF2 servers I use to frequent, we'd get people with a commander exploit that would just rain vehicle drops all over the map. Lagged the server to **** because of the near-100 vehicles raining over the map. I don't think there was anything to be had out if it, just pissed everyone off.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2009-09-07, 7:46 AM #17
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Is "exploiting" under your definition of cheating? Because every time when Valve releases a new update, there always a bug or something that someone uses to their advantage.

As long as everyone has access to the exploit it's not cheating. It's not necessarily sporting, but if it's going to remain unpatched for any length of time you might as well take advantage.
2009-09-07, 8:06 AM #18
Hmm. So I guess then it wouldn't be necessarily "corrupt" if politicians used loopholes in the system because anyone can use them? :v:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-09-07, 8:21 AM #19
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Hmm. So I guess then it wouldn't be necessarily "corrupt" if politicians used loopholes in the system because anyone can use them? :v:

Ah but if only politicians can use them, then they are corrupt.
:P
2009-09-08, 4:57 PM #20
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
if there was an achievement that could be sped along by doing that crap that might have been the point... which is why i don't like multiplayer achievements/trophies all that much because they encourage stupid crap intended to get achievements quicker

or the person could have just been a complete dick

my favorite goes back to the original xbox and rainbow six 3... the old "standby glitch" where the host sits next to their modem and hits the standby button real quick to lag everyone else out while they get to run around freely for a moment getting kills

See Halo 3, now?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2009-09-09, 10:16 AM #21

You've yet to encounter the aimbot? Really annoying.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-09-09, 10:35 AM #22
hell i just remembered... one time i invited beefcaike to a game of JK to test my "pit of doom" mini-level and the ******* cheated bigtime... it was a sabers only map and he was pulling out guns
2009-09-10, 5:02 PM #23
Surprised nobody has mentioned build hackers in jedi knight games yet. "That conc has Moldy Crows flying out of it!"
2009-09-10, 7:06 PM #24
It probably was Beefcaike, the only thing he could spawn is 3dos. :awesome:
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!