Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Beatles
The Beatles
2009-09-09, 9:40 AM #1
Anyone else pick up the re-mastered albums today? I ended up picking up the Stereo Box Set with a friend.

Mini Review: I CAME.
Think while it's still legal.
2009-09-09, 9:42 AM #2
I don't have the kind of income it takes to buy that.

Nor the time to listen to Magical Mystery Tour on repeat. >.>
nope.
2009-09-09, 9:51 AM #3
I want the remastered box set. I can't get it today though. I'm going to get The Beatles: Rock Band and the Gretsch Duo Jet controller in a few minutes.
2009-09-09, 10:07 AM #4
I got the stereo and mono sets. Both are ****ing incredible. It's really nice to hear the originally intended mixes, as well as the new stereo mixes where each instruments gets its due

Also got The Beatles Rock Band, and it's also a lot of fun
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-09-09, 11:06 AM #5
well, i am probably going to be crucified for this but, i only like two or three songs by the beetles...
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-09-09, 11:20 AM #6
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
well, i am probably going to be crucified for this but, i only like two or three songs by the beetles...

You shouldn't get crucified for that, though. No matter how good something is, there'll be people who don't like it.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2009-09-09, 11:24 AM #7
I got the stereo box set, unfortunately all I have to listen to them with is laptop speakers or earbuds :gonk:
Stuff
2009-09-09, 11:56 AM #8
Is the mono set the same price as the stereo set?
2009-09-09, 12:08 PM #9

Don't worry, I've never been that big of a Beatles fan either.
2009-09-09, 1:44 PM #10
i thought this was going to be about the game rock band since theirs came out today...
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-09-09, 8:34 PM #11
Is anyone else excited for Guitar Hero: The Beatles, coming out 10/10/10 and featuring 10 Beatles songs, 5 Beatles covers, and 63 songs by artists who inspired the Beatles?

2009-09-09, 8:54 PM #12
beatles is only a phase thing
i dont understand why people are so crazy over the beatles

2009-09-09, 9:24 PM #13
Originally posted by Tank:
beatles is only a phase thing
i dont understand why people are so crazy over the beatles

for me its not a phase thing, i grew up listening to them, they're in my top 3 bands, i might not listen to them all the time, but every once in a while i listen to them constantly.

its just damn good music whose artists created so much music with very many different meaning and many subjects that makes most people have at least one similar thing in their life as to the song and it makes them relate to the band more than any other band. thats why i love the beatles, nearly every part of my life has a musical compliment to it because of the band.

in other news, picked up Sgt. Peppers
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-09-09, 9:46 PM #14

You're allowed to not like the beatles, but you should be crucified for misspelling it. It's not like you haven't seen the word before and are sounding it out. It's displeyed in the title bar for goodness' sake.

I find that kind of thing just as annoying as people who add "the" to movie titles or band names or other things like that. I.E. My fiancée, no mTtsr how often I correct her still calls it The Watchmen. Grr.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-09-10, 12:51 AM #15
Originally posted by genk:
for me its not a phase thing, i grew up listening to them, they're in my top 3 bands, i might not listen to them all the time, but every once in a while i listen to them constantly.

its just damn good music whose artists created so much music with very many different meaning and many subjects that makes most people have at least one similar thing in their life as to the song and it makes them relate to the band more than any other band. thats why i love the beatles, nearly every part of my life has a musical compliment to it because of the band.

same. i try to listen to them at least once a day
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-09-10, 2:10 AM #16
Not a big fan
2009-09-10, 6:06 AM #17
Originally posted by andreawesome:
i thought this was going to be about the game rock band since theirs came out today...

As did their entire remastered back catalogue, which is more impressive. :psylon:
nope.
2009-09-10, 7:11 AM #18
The Beatles are okay, but I don't even like their "newer" stuff.
2009-09-10, 9:19 AM #19
The stereo set is quite excellent, but the Mono remaster blew me away. It's so satisfying to be able to listen to The Beatles and not ***** and moan about how everybody else has gotten the modern treatment. It may have taken way too long, but the boys finally caught up.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!

↑ Up to the top!