Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What's your Hobby
What's your Hobby
2009-09-10, 7:46 PM #1
I just got into smoking and collecting tobacco pipes recently, partially out of boredom and my need to find a hobby. I've since come to enjoy finding insteresting unique pipes and collecting them today i managed to find this little gem.

[http://www.jamesislandpiper.com/images/prod/2095b.jpg]

[http://www.jamesislandpiper.com/images/prod/2095d.jpg]

a turkish meerschaum claw pipe bought from an estate sale. I was stoked to find a pipe this style and for the deal and it got me thinking, what kind of hobbies do you have, what kind of things do you collect and what piece/ pieces to your respective collection are you most proud of?
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2009-09-10, 7:52 PM #2
Guess. :P
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2009-09-10, 7:55 PM #3
Failing at interests to the point of avoiding them.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-09-10, 8:19 PM #4
Automotive (sports car, truck, motorcycle), firearms (collecting & shooting), airsoft (though I rarely play..should probably sell my stuff), computers, forums
woot!
2009-09-10, 8:22 PM #5
you should post some pics
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2009-09-10, 8:23 PM #6
Originally posted by Sok Munkey:
you should post some pics

Of what? I have posted pics of all of the above, I think..but I can again.
woot!
2009-09-10, 8:43 PM #7
I guess playing sports.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-09-10, 8:54 PM #8
Amateur electronics (design and build), software (design and build), beer, reading...
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-09-10, 8:57 PM #9
:argh::argh:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2009-09-10, 9:00 PM #10
Lately....drinking a lot. I've definitely come a long way from the beginning of the summer.

I've also been a pretty avid vinyl listener/collector as of late.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-09-10, 9:04 PM #11
I've recently taken up paintballing, plus I like to wakeboard.
2009-09-10, 9:43 PM #12
bboying, bjj and associated stuff, tech/geeky/computer hardware stuff, artsy stuff
一个大西瓜
2009-09-10, 9:44 PM #13
Originally posted by Pommy:
bboying, bjj

wait what?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-09-10, 9:59 PM #14
Playing the bass guitar.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-09-10, 10:00 PM #15
Originally posted by Emon:
wait what?

what

B-boying
, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
一个大西瓜
2009-09-10, 10:03 PM #16
bboy is like breakdancing, and bbj is brazilian jiu-jitsu.

My hobbies in order of importance: Parkour/Freerunning/Gymnastics, spinning poi, juggling, slacklining, martial arts (Primarily taekwondo), waterskiing/wakeboarding.

Just getting into capoeria, breakdance, and kali (Filipino stick fighting) as well.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2009-09-10, 10:31 PM #17
i still say that bjj = blowjob-jitsu :p

well outside of video games, movies, music, etc... i collect militaria and military weapons

the piece in that collection i am most proud of is the 1943 Izhevsk 91/30 PU sniper

[http://necropimp.home.insightbb.com/43sniper.jpg]
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-09-10, 10:33 PM #18
My favorite hobby is grilling meat...
Nothing to see here, move along.
2009-09-11, 7:57 AM #19
Hey SF_Gold how goes the Parkour?
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2009-09-11, 8:17 AM #20
Writing stuff and web design (though admittedly I'm not much of a coder). :)
幻術
2009-09-11, 8:47 AM #21
40k, learning to play the guitar badly and... well, bowling comes under hobbies, I guess. There's a bit of modding in there too, now.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2009-09-11, 9:03 AM #22
Music (Guitar + Drums), drawing and digital painting, reading and writing
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-09-11, 9:06 AM #23
Film making, Smoking Weed, Working out (yes it can so be a hobby :D )
2009-09-11, 9:18 AM #24
I play guitar, and I would like to try to get into some recording.

I smoke. Cigarettes are the usual, but I do smoke cigars and pipe on occasion. I need to get some tobacco for my pipe, actually.

I also enjoy drinking beer. There's not a huge selection around here, but I do like to try new beers when I get the chance.

When I'm not in school, I tend to read a fair amount. I probably would have time to read, but I usually use that time to do something else.
2009-09-11, 9:43 AM #25
I have this odd hobby of wanting to collect really expensive things. Collectors editions of music, expensive bottles of scotch, guitars, rare vinyls, etc... Terrible hobby to have when you are unemployed and in college. I get even the smallest taste of money now and it ends up turning into some ridiculous collectors item. Of course once I'm out of college I'll be a bit more wise with my money. I am kind of in the mindset that a college student is the last chance you have to waste your money because once you're out of school you need to start to build yourself up and support a family etc... For example, my senior year of high school I saved up 3,000 dollars and went to Italy. When else was I going to go? I've got too much responsibility now to just blow 3G's on a trip.

/end ramble
Think while it's still legal.
2009-09-11, 9:44 AM #26
Programming (main interest: computer AI)
Jogging (like to run half marathons)
The occasional big walk (Kennedy March)
Drinking with friends on a fridaynight
2009-09-11, 10:42 AM #27
racing karts, or anything automotive
web design (hobby, that turned into a job)
playing video games
smoking bud
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-09-11, 10:42 AM #28
Originally posted by SAJN:
I have this odd hobby of wanting to collect really expensive things. Collectors editions of music, expensive bottles of scotch, guitars, rare vinyls, etc... Terrible hobby to have when you are unemployed and in college. I get even the smallest taste of money now and it ends up turning into some ridiculous collectors item. Of course once I'm out of college I'll be a bit more wise with my money. I am kind of in the mindset that a college student is the last chance you have to waste your money because once you're out of school you need to start to build yourself up and support a family etc... For example, my senior year of high school I saved up 3,000 dollars and went to Italy. When else was I going to go? I've got too much responsibility now to just blow 3G's on a trip.

/end ramble

I am fancy [/COLOR]
2009-09-11, 10:48 AM #29
Well, I guess I am successful at smoking a lot, but I don't really count that as a hobby. Usually I call that an addiction.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-09-11, 2:24 PM #30
Music.

I'm currently just starting to build a guitar.

Oh, and baking and generally cookery.
nope.
2009-09-11, 2:28 PM #31
I suppose that my hobbies are camping & hiking. However, I really love to **** around on the computer. My latest venture is Ruby & Ruby on Rails (RoR).
? :)
2009-09-11, 3:02 PM #32
For me it's cycling. Either road or track. Can be an expensive hobby if one so chooses. Lot's of expensive toys one can buy. But I guess all hobbies can be like that too.
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2009-09-11, 3:12 PM #33
Scuba diving (going down is what I do best)
Is watching movies a hobby?
cooking
I want to get into boxing.
I'd say working out would be a hobby but I'm too lazy to keep a regiment going.

↑ Up to the top!