Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 360 owners - should I buy these games?
360 owners - should I buy these games?
2009-09-11, 10:52 AM #1
I already have Bioshock, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 on PC.

Amazon is running a buy-2-get-1-free deal on XBox 360 Classics - I can get Mass Effect, Burnout Paradise and Gears of War for just under 40 bucks.

What say you?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_82966671_7?docId=1000420671
woot!
2009-09-11, 10:52 AM #2
Do it.
2009-09-11, 10:54 AM #3
M.E and Gears of War are really good games. NO idea about Burnout Paradise.

Then again I prefer the PC versions (even though I played Mass Effect for like um 2 seconds last year) and I should play them properly some time soon...
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-09-11, 10:57 AM #4
Originally posted by FastGamerr:

Then again I prefer the PC versions (even though I played Mass Effect for like um 2 seconds last year) and I should play them properly some time soon...

Until I do a proper rebuild, I won't really be playing any new-ish PC games at the resolution I need (1080P). That'll probably be this winter when the new GPU's are out (and hopefully drop in price a little)..may go Core i7 / DDR3.
woot!
2009-09-11, 11:07 AM #5
do it
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-09-11, 11:15 AM #6
Ok, I did it. :XD:
woot!
2009-09-11, 11:18 AM #7
Mass Effect is the ****.
2009-09-11, 11:19 AM #8
Yes.
2009-09-11, 11:27 AM #9
Yeah Mass Effect is a great game and 2 should be just as sweet.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-09-11, 11:30 AM #10
Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed are both GREAT games. I like Mass Effect better on the PC though.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-09-11, 12:05 PM #11
I got bored of Assassin's Creed when I got to the 2nd real city. Same old, same old. Also, Gears of War rocks. Then get the sequel if you enjoyed the first one (more of the same, but better).
2009-09-11, 12:11 PM #12
Yeah assassins creed is extremely repetitive. I hope they don't repeat this on the 2nd one.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-09-11, 12:13 PM #13
The trailer for Assassin's Creed II looks pretty t**s
2009-09-11, 12:32 PM #14
Originally posted by zanardi:
Yeah assassins creed is extremely repetitive. I hope they don't repeat this on the 2nd one.

It got a little old for me on the last city, but I really enjoyed the story and the design of it all. Aside from the lack of diversity in mission objectives, the game really was amazing.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-09-11, 1:17 PM #15
Gears is what's repetitive. It's only fun co-op.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-09-11, 1:21 PM #16
Mass Effect was indeed awesome.
幻術
2009-09-11, 1:31 PM #17
Good three game list there.
Pissed Off?
2009-09-11, 1:36 PM #18
Mass Effect is an amazing Sci-Fi epic.
2009-09-11, 1:45 PM #19
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Gears is what's repetitive. It's only fun co-op.

They're both repetetive, but Assassin's Creed is worse. :P

I liked gears, and burnout is funnn.
nope.
2009-09-11, 3:45 PM #20
Originally posted by FastGamerr:

No, do not buy Mass Effect for the PC. Crappy port job.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-09-11, 10:16 PM #21
Originally posted by JLee:
I already have Bioshock, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 on PC.

Amazon is running a buy-2-get-1-free deal on XBox 360 Classics - I can get Mass Effect, Burnout Paradise and Gears of War for just under 40 bucks.

What say you?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_82966671_7?docId=1000420671

I never knew you had an Xbox 360.

I have Assassin's Creed. It does get a bit repetitive, but I'm playing through it the 2nd time now and I plan on collecting every flag, doing every investigation, freeing every citizen and killing every Templar. Looking for flags can get old after a while, usually if you can't find one. Templar hunting is fun to me except in the Kingdom where I have to go out of my way to kill them.

If you have the Xbox Live Gold subscription, I find CoD4 and CoD:WaW both fun to play online although I like CoD4 better. I like the single player campaigns too.
2009-09-11, 10:37 PM #22
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:

I didn't have any trouble with it. Ran great.

Burnout Paradise is like my favorite racing game ever.

o.0
2009-09-11, 10:58 PM #23
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:

Mass Effect for PC is a good example of how PC ports *should* be done. It was really good. What ever your problems are they aren't due to the port.
2009-09-11, 11:22 PM #24
Originally posted by Anakin9012:
I never knew you had an Xbox 360.

I have Assassin's Creed. It does get a bit repetitive, but I'm playing through it the 2nd time now and I plan on collecting every flag, doing every investigation, freeing every citizen and killing every Templar. Looking for flags can get old after a while, usually if you can't find one. Templar hunting is fun to me except in the Kingdom where I have to go out of my way to kill them.

If you have the Xbox Live Gold subscription, I find CoD4 and CoD:WaW both fun to play online although I like CoD4 better. I like the single player campaigns too.

I'm borrowing on e from a friend - I will probably buy one when I find a deal.
woot!
2009-09-11, 11:26 PM #25
Beat it on PC, Loved it.
(Mass effect, the quote got cut off)
2009-09-12, 4:43 AM #26
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Mass Effect for PC is a good example of how PC ports *should* be done. It was really good. What ever your problems are they aren't due to the port.

Apart from the widespread and well known instability, it was done well. Apparently there's been a new patch released with the new DLC so I'm thinking of looking that up. If it helps the game run smoother I'll definitely be back to getting all the achievements and having save files in preparation for Mass Effect 2.
2009-09-12, 9:10 PM #27
Originally posted by Anakin9012:
Looking for flags can get old after a while, usually if you can't find one.

http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2009-09-13, 3:19 PM #28
Originally posted by Wolfy:

I use that site and the strategy guide to find flags, but sometimes they can still be hard to find. It could be just me though.
2009-09-13, 5:39 PM #29
Originally posted by JLee:
I'm borrowing on e from a friend - I will probably buy one when I find a deal.

360's just dropped like $50 in price.
2009-09-13, 6:23 PM #30
Originally posted by ELITE WARRIOR:
360's just dropped like $50 in price.

The 360 Elite with a 120GB hard drive is $299 now. My 360 Pro with a 20GB hard drive was $350 I think.

It doesn't have HDMI cables though.
2009-09-13, 7:09 PM #31
Originally posted by LividDK:
Apart from the widespread and well known instability, it was done well. Apparently there's been a new patch released with the new DLC so I'm thinking of looking that up. If it helps the game run smoother I'll definitely be back to getting all the achievements and having save files in preparation for Mass Effect 2.

That's probably less of a PC port problem and more of a Bioware problem.

They're game are so poorly quality tested, that Bilzzards pre-alpha builds would probably shame them from a stability point of view. The only reason ME is as stable as it is, is that they didn't write the engine.
2009-09-13, 7:14 PM #32
Mass Effect was great on the PC :confused:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-09-13, 7:56 PM #33
Yeah, that's the point.
2009-09-13, 8:37 PM #34
We just beat Vegas 2 -- the 360 was choking up bad running the ending firefight split screen. I had it for PC but just gave it to my brother. :gonk:
woot!
2009-09-13, 9:03 PM #35
Mass Effect and Gears are both awesome. I don't know anything about Burnout Paradise, but I'd probably pay $40 for just the first two if I didn't already have them.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-09-13, 9:04 PM #36
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Mass Effect and Gears are both awesome. I don't know anything about Burnout Paradise, but I'd probably pay $40 for just the first two if I didn't already have them.

I've played it before and it was a blast - good to hear about the others. They've shipped..just waiting for them to get here. :XD:
woot!
2009-09-14, 6:04 AM #37
Originally posted by Emon:
Mass Effect was great on the PC :confused:

I don't know if you mean gameplay-wise or technically, but if it's the former then I completely agree. It's a great example of how controls and menus should be made to work from gamepad to keyboard and mouse. It's the latter that I was complaining about.

The first time I played Mass Effect was through...less legitimate means and I had very little trouble with it. The copy I bought earlier this year was crashing frequently, and all the "fixes" I could find online (not using widescreen, lower details, empyting some file cache or other) only improved the situation a bit, they never solved it.

Good news though, I played a bit yesterday using the 1.2 patch and it seems to have solved a lot of issues. Had it up on full detail, widescreen mode with no problem. Full sounds too, as before most combat effects, speech and music would cut out. Only annoying thing now is that I've played all the way up to the Mu Relay part and only heard half of what I know is a well acted game :P

Hopefully I'm not tempting fate with this post and the game will continue to run smoothly!
2009-09-14, 6:47 AM #38
Hmm, now that you mention it, I did have an issue in the beginning where I couldn't play full screen without stuttering. Other people had the problem, too. I later continued the game under Windows 7 (and thus with new drivers) and it went away.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!