Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → PSA: Colbie Caillat has a new album out
PSA: Colbie Caillat has a new album out
2009-09-13, 2:46 PM #1
How did I miss this? :omg:

<3
woot!
2009-09-13, 2:50 PM #2
I think she has a great voice. I liked some of her songs on her first album.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-09-13, 3:33 PM #3
so gay
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2009-09-13, 3:35 PM #4
Originally posted by Roger Spruce:
so gay

hurrr
woot!
2009-09-13, 3:41 PM #5
who
2009-09-13, 3:42 PM #6
she's the generic sounding lady in Jason Mraz' "Lucky" single. also she's getting large.
2009-09-13, 3:46 PM #7
she's the generic sounding lady in Jason Mraz' "Lucky" single. also she's getting large.

Mraz's second album hit #5 in the top 200.

Caillat's first single hit #5 in the top 100.

Credit where credit is due, kthx.

Originally posted by Squirrel King:
who

wow you people fail. .(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7qtLrQVUFQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdQA6mC3ZWI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PWfB4lurT4
woot!
2009-09-13, 3:51 PM #8
by large I meant fat
2009-09-13, 3:52 PM #9
by large I meant fat

Searching for relevancy:

NONE FOUND
woot!
2009-09-13, 3:55 PM #10
about as relevant as comparing Caillat to Mraz, as no one else had. the question was "who". Mraz was brought up because he had a popular single that included ms. Caillat's vocals. I didn't mean to insult your love.
2009-09-13, 3:57 PM #11
Furthermore, why would you compare Mraz' second album? He's had others since then, and the two sing two different styles of music. Nightstick. Butt. Remove.
2009-09-13, 3:58 PM #12
about as relevant as comparing Caillat to Mraz, as no one else had. the question was "who". Mraz was brought up because he had a popular single that included ms. Caillat's vocals. I didn't mean to insult your love.

She had popular singles of her own - better to refer to those than as the 'generic' person in someone else's song..which came out after hers, incidentally - but whatever. Now GTFO and make room for someone with decent musical taste. :rant:
woot!
2009-09-13, 3:59 PM #13
Furthermore, why would you compare Mraz' second album? He's had others since then, and the two sing two different styles of music. Nightstick. Butt. Remove.

Because she hit top 5 with her first single. It took him two albums.

Thread. Out. Now.
woot!
2009-09-13, 4:04 PM #14
People put so much stock in the top 100. I guess we can ignore the fact that he had singles that reached the number 1 spot on various top 40's and other countdowns before Ms. Colbie was even discovered.
2009-09-13, 4:09 PM #15
Listened to a few songs.

Got bored.
2009-09-13, 4:11 PM #16
People put so much stock in the top 100. I guess we can ignore the fact that he had singles that reached the number 1 spot on various top 40's and other countdowns before Ms. Colbie was even discovered.

'I'm Yours' reached #1 in December, 2008. If you'd like to list the alleged numerous singles and their corresponding chart placements, feel free to make your own thread.

Until then, GTFO and stop trolling. Go do homework or something.
woot!
2009-09-13, 4:11 PM #17
yeah, it's p. generic
2009-09-13, 4:13 PM #18
What is it qith girl pop singers getting chubby? Kelly Clarkson is a whale now.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-09-13, 4:15 PM #19
yeah, it's p. generic

Damn, dude. If you don't like it, STFU and go away. I deal with enough ****'s at work that I really don't feel like dealing with them on my time off.

I prefer her over what I consider generic - Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, etc. I also liked District 9 and some people thought it sucked.

Get over it.
woot!
2009-09-13, 4:20 PM #20
Fat people sing better
I'm just a little boy.
2009-09-13, 4:21 PM #21
From his debut album, "The Remedy (I Won't Worry)" reached the number 1 spot on the Top 40 Adult Recurrents chart in 2004. His debut album, "Waiting for my Rocket" reached number 2 on the Heatseakers chart in 2003. It's all a moot point anyway since the albums were released at different times and the "Top Whatever" charts do nothing but monitor trends in the musical climate.
2009-09-13, 4:22 PM #22
Originally posted by Onimusha:

It's guys like you that make the standards nowadays the way they are. If you classify women as "whales" who look like Kelly Clarkson and Colbie Caillat, you really have some ****ed up standards. People who don't take care of their bodies and let themselves become obese have problems, but women who don't conform to the anorexic look that has been implanted into our brains shouldn't be patronized.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-09-13, 4:25 PM #23
Maybe things would be different if they didn't try to pass themselves off as a size 0 on their album covers :o
2009-09-13, 4:29 PM #24
Maybe things would be different if they didn't try to pass themselves off as a size 0 on their album covers :o

Doubtful.
woot!
2009-09-13, 4:35 PM #25
that's a pretty defeatist attitude
2009-09-13, 4:39 PM #26
that's a pretty defeatist attitude

We'd just have people like you whining that they are fat.
woot!
2009-09-13, 4:48 PM #27
I never said she was fat. I said she was getting large, which was an observation based on the fact that she used to be small and is portrayed as such on her album covers.
2009-09-13, 5:15 PM #28

hmm... I think I remember having a discussion with someone about rap a few weeks ago. One of his main complaints about it was rap's misogynistic lyrics, but I can't remember who that was, now... Can you help me, Onimusha?
2009-09-13, 5:38 PM #29
Annnnnd Vornskr wins
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-09-13, 9:07 PM #30
Quote:
hmm... I think I remember having a discussion with someone about rap a few weeks ago. One of his main complaints about it was rap's misogynistic lyrics, but I can't remember who that was, now... Can you help me, Onimusha?

hmm... I think theres a stark difference between calling a girl fat, who is clearly overweight, and talking about using girls for money,to cheat with, and just to keep around for sexual favors/purposes. Not to mention other degrading things found within some of those lyrics.

Yay for bending something entirely out of context to drive home a biased dead point Mr. Music Major. Nice try though *******. =D Seriously. -golf clap-

Quote:
It's guys like you that make the standards nowadays the way they are. If you classify women as "whales" who look like Kelly Clarkson and Colbie Caillat, you really have some ****ed up standards. People who don't take care of their bodies and let themselves become obese have problems, but women who don't conform to the anorexic look that has been implanted into our brains shouldn't be patronized.

I never said I preferred super skinny girls or anything of the sort, you sure did a good job assuming that though. Especially throwing in that I ever even remotely hinted at Colbie Caillat being a "whale" . I can see reading comprehension is your strong point.

Kelly Clarkson was CLEARLY overweight on her last TV appearance on American Idol. Especially considering that when she first came out, she was an attractive, full figured woman.

I seem to remember several of you pissing and moaning over Summer Glau's forehead. Ahhh... the fresh smell of double standards.

"OMGDZ A OTHER CHAZE TO ATTAK ONIMUSGHADSHDA!! LEZ DO IT GUIS!" :downs:

A valiant effort though gentlemen, I'll give you that.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-09-13, 10:01 PM #31
hmm... I think theres a stark difference between calling a girl fat, who is clearly overweight, and talking about using girls for money,to cheat with, and just to keep around for sexual favors/purposes. Not to mention other degrading things found within some of those lyrics.

Yay for bending something entirely out of context to drive home a biased dead point Mr. Music Major. Nice try though *******. =D Seriously. -golf clap-

His point was, you're calling her a whale. Thats a sign of the media getting into your head and telling you that female singers have to be skinny and that makes them attractive. You previously stated that rap music does similar if not the same things. He's not bending anything out of context.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-09-13, 10:30 PM #32
Can someone post a picture of this "fat" girl? Any pictures I can find show a very normal looking person..
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2009-09-13, 10:32 PM #33
[http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/l/grammy_awards_arrivals_110208/colbie_caillat_1756423.jpg]
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-09-13, 10:35 PM #34
wow what a fatass
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2009-09-13, 10:53 PM #35
Sounds like the music you'd hear at the mall or at a receptionist's desk. Lite FM shovelpop.
:master::master::master:
2009-09-13, 11:01 PM #36
Hahah, if you think a high chart rank means good music then you need adjustment.
2009-09-13, 11:04 PM #37
Originally posted by Vin:
Hahah, if you think a high chart rank means good music then you need adjustment.

If I like it, I think it's good music.

If I don't like it I don't like it.

Newsflash: Everybody's different.
woot!
2009-09-13, 11:13 PM #38
Newsflash: nothing I said contradicts what what you just said.

I'm merely pointing out how dumb it is to use chart rankings when trying to compare what song or artist is 'better.'
2009-09-13, 11:20 PM #39
Originally posted by Vin:
Newsflash: nothing I said contradicts what what you just said.

I'm merely pointing out how dumb it is to use chart rankings when trying to compare what song or artist is 'better.'

:carl:

I was using chart rankings to point out that she should be just as well-known as the other guy. Most people are somewhat familiar with artists having recent 'popular hits' because they're so overplayed on the radio.

One of my favorite vocalists isn't even on the radio, let alone a 'top xyz' chart.
woot!

↑ Up to the top!