Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wet
Wet
2009-09-13, 4:21 PM #1
http://wet.bethsoft.com/?fbid=mttcNHgfHbz

Any thoughts?
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-09-13, 4:50 PM #2
Japanese writing on the barrel of a revolver is an automatic 'meh' point, but it might be entertaining. Eliza Dushku FTMFW, though.
woot!
2009-09-13, 7:19 PM #3
Originally posted by JLee:
Japanese writing on the barrel of a revolver is an automatic 'meh' point

Not AMERICAN enough for you?
2009-09-13, 7:24 PM #4
Hey she was wearing Beyerdynamic headphones during recording :awesome:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-09-13, 7:40 PM #5
The demo was kinda "meh."
2009-09-13, 7:58 PM #6
What a stupid website.
2009-09-13, 8:19 PM #7
This game couldn't seem more generic.

It's always nice to see the mature rating used as an advertisement of how contrived and degenerate your game is.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-09-13, 8:36 PM #8
Originally posted by Jin:
Not AMERICAN enough for you?

Too trendy.
woot!
2009-09-13, 9:34 PM #9
i liked the music.

very ennio morricione.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-09-13, 9:37 PM #10
Originally posted by SiliconC:
The demo was kinda "meh."

Every demo that comes out these days is "meh" at best.
Pissed Off?
2009-09-14, 3:33 PM #11
The Batman Arkham Asylum convinced me to buy the game so I wouldn't say every demo is meh these days. I played the demo on my PSN not too long ago. The game comes off as a bit ostentatious for me. It does feel a lot like a Kill Bill game to say the least or something that Quentin Taratino made.

Let's start with the graphics. I don't mind the grain filter too much, but the character models and environment leave much to be desired. Animation comes off as quite choppy, especially noticeable when you use your three hit sword combo. Music is a hit or miss depending on your tastes (miss for me it works for what the game's atmosphere).

The actual gameplay is where the majority of my beef is at. There is too much reliance on slow motion to succeed in the game. In games like Max Payne you have bullet time, but you don't necessary need to use it for every single gun fight. If you don't use any of Rubi's moves such as her slide, swan dive, or wall run to initiate slow motion - you'll be forced to use only one pistol, which fires painfully slow. For some reason Rubi will only use her dual pistols when she enters slow motion. This makes the game feel a bit repetitive because there aren't too many options for combat compared to games like Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden.

If you want to play as a badass female protagonist in an action game, I would personally wait for Bayonetta (360 and PS3) early next year. That game is definitely more polished from the looks of it and it is created by the creator of Devil May Cry.
2009-09-15, 6:25 AM #12
IMO, female game protagonists are fail. Except for maybe NOLF.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-09-15, 6:30 AM #13
Originally posted by Avenger:
Every demo that comes out these days is "meh" at best.

The demo for Wolverine was actually more fun than the full game.
2009-09-15, 8:47 AM #14
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:

Faith in Mirror's Edge was pretty good.

Game looks terrible, there's too much stuff coming out in the next few months to get excited about mediocre games.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-09-15, 8:51 AM #15
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:

Oni

Rethink.
>>untie shoes
2009-09-15, 10:26 AM #16
Actually, I retract my previous statement. As I forgot, my favorite game series of all time, Metroid... oh Samus, how we love you.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-09-15, 10:54 AM #17
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Faith in Mirror's Edge was pretty good.

Faith sorta looks like my aunt, which disgusts me.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-09-15, 11:14 AM #18
The problem with female protagonists is that they're often female just for the sake of eye candy and to be different. They are created by male writers for the sole purpose of being female, not to explore or grow the character in any different way than a male character.

However, Kate Archer from NoLF was a good heroin. Playing as a woman altered the story, how it was told and even the gameplay.
2009-09-15, 11:18 AM #19
Random factoid: did you know that the lead writer for Mirror's Edge was Rhianna Pratchett, daughter of the famous (and brilliant) British author Sir Terry Pratchett?
幻術
2009-09-15, 2:16 PM #20
I like Samus...
2009-09-15, 2:51 PM #21
Game titles are getting kind of boring
2009-09-15, 3:35 PM #22
Just like everything, Bethesda took the retard pills after making Fallout 3.
(They tried to sue the original Fallout devs for selling one and two on GoG and steam, said it damaged them severely)
2009-09-15, 3:41 PM #23
Of course they're suing them, Bethesda OWNS THE RIGHTS. When Bethesda licensed the rights back to Interplay to develop a Fallout MMO, but did not give them the rights to resell the originals on Steam. Interplay wanted to sell Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics on Steam as the "Fallout Trilogy." I think it's pretty fair to assume "Fallout Trilogy" might affect sales of a game called "Fallout 3."

↑ Up to the top!