Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Have you ever gone to mass.com/.net/.org/etc accidently in trying to get to massassi?
Have you ever gone to mass.com/.net/.org/etc accidently in trying to get to massassi?
2009-09-13, 10:06 PM #1
Sometimes, in my haste, I'll start to type "mass" and anticipate the drop-down menu coming down at which time I'll 'arrow down' and hit enter on massassi.net. Sometimes the 'arrow down' fails and just "mass" gets sent when I hit enter. This does different things depending on when it happened and what browser. It used to send me to some religious site which seems to be gone. Now it sends to the wiki page for mass (as in matter).

Am I all alone in these hasty errors? .(
2009-09-13, 10:09 PM #2
Nope. I can't remember the last time I've been to the main page.
woot!
2009-09-13, 10:10 PM #3
no.

but then i also sometimes accidentally click on the user name of the person who posted a thread instead of the actual thread link.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-09-14, 1:04 AM #4
yes i have done that before... several times. last time it took me to a domain name registering thingy.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-09-14, 4:56 AM #5
The only reason I started posting on these forums was a misguided attempt to find Massachusetts Nursing Schools forums.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-09-14, 4:58 AM #6
I used to type /join #massasi a lot back in the day I didn't know how to use "Perform" on mIRC.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-09-14, 6:23 AM #7
Nope. toolbar bookmark.

Originally posted by Ford:
but then i also sometimes accidentally click on the user name of the person who posted a thread instead of the actual thread link.

Although this I do quite a bit.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2009-09-14, 7:45 AM #8
Almost nine years of being here has made my fingers quite familiar with the URL...
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2009-09-14, 9:16 AM #9
Yes, but it always gives an error message.
2009-09-14, 9:29 AM #10
Does anyone still use massassi.com?

Hey look I found Jep's "signature pic" looolol
[http://massassi.com/jepman/signaturepic.jpg]
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-09-14, 10:33 AM #11
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
Nope. toolbar bookmark.

me too
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-09-14, 10:38 AM #12
"Massassi" is a fun thing to type in. For the past 6 or so years, I've typed the whole thing by hand.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-09-14, 11:46 AM #13
When I was at Uni, I'd type the whole thing in by hand if on campus.

Otherwise, just hit the homepage button.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2009-09-14, 11:59 AM #14
By hand if I'm not at home, Speed dial otherwise.
I find my hands default to typing it even though I don't want to.
2009-09-14, 12:04 PM #15
Hit "f"

Hit "down arrow"

Hit "enter"

Massassi Forums.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-09-14, 2:58 PM #16
Nope, bookmark toolbar.
But even then, my autocomplete only shows for previously visited sites, so I'd still never go to one of the places you mentioned, I could end up at majorgeeks.com though
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-09-14, 4:20 PM #17
I use massassi.com every now and again to put up pictures of stuff I'm selling on craigslist.

↑ Up to the top!