Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → songs heard in unlikely places
songs heard in unlikely places
2009-09-16, 6:34 AM #1
basicly, post songs that you have heard in a place that you would not expect that sort of song to be played.

To give an example, when I was in China, one of the music (and DVD and video game) stores I went to at one point played the song "zombie" by the cranberries.

Now I know that even though it is about the troubles in Ireland, you would think that it could be considdered subversive enough to not be played (at least not in a public place) in China.

Note: try not to post too many things along the line of "born in the USA at some patriotic ocassion", try to be more interesting.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2009-09-16, 8:09 AM #2
some old dude who looked like he was in his 80s pulled up next to me at an intersection and he was blasting some cannibal corpse
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-09-16, 8:34 AM #3
I heard some Johnny Clegg and Savuka (80s South African pop) in a French supermarket once. Turns out Johnny Clegg is quite big in France:confused:
2009-09-16, 8:45 AM #4
I heard Going Underground by the Jam in a pub once when there was a wake after someone's funeral in the function suite upstairs.

:carl:
nope.
2009-09-16, 8:45 AM #5
I walked into a GAME store in York last summer (2008 no less) and heard The Touch by Stan Bush.

I laughed out loud for a good minute, and everybody stared. They were all too young to know.
2009-09-16, 10:42 AM #6
i heard that hamster dance song when i was getting my hair cut last weekend
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2009-09-16, 10:57 AM #7
One time I got rickrolled by Panda Express.

Also, not quite music, but I had the "!" sound from Metal Gear Solid (the one that plays when the guards spot you) as my text message alert. I was at the gym signing up for membership. Apparently, a guy in the next cubicle over had that as his alert tone too, as it went off while I was there. My friend and I looked at other with crazed, excited looks on our faces. I said, loudly, "Huh? What was that noise?" and heard insane laughter from the other side of the partition.

↑ Up to the top!