Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Unreal Tournament 3 Free Weekend on Steam!
Unreal Tournament 3 Free Weekend on Steam!
2009-09-16, 10:22 PM #1
I already own it, but I'm sure someone here doesn't!
http://store.steampowered.com/news/2830/
2009-09-16, 10:34 PM #2
That's like what? The third time they've had one?
2009-09-16, 10:42 PM #3
If I recall, UT3 didn't sell well at all. I think they realized this, and now Epic sticks with consoles.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-09-16, 11:03 PM #4
I didn't even know this game came out. I remember hearing and seeing a bunch of stuff about the unreal 3 engine which was pretty cool. Game looks boring though.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2009-09-16, 11:13 PM #5
It's pretty fun and fast-paced.
2009-09-16, 11:42 PM #6
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
I didn't even know this game came out. I remember hearing and seeing a bunch of stuff about the unreal 3 engine which was pretty cool. Game looks boring though.

Unreal Tournament? Boring?

Do you eat dynamite for fun or something?
woot!
2009-09-17, 4:20 AM #7
I liked it.

Runs like arse, though. Like many things.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2009-09-17, 5:37 AM #8
UT is starting to get stale. I loved 2K4 but they need some new ideas.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-09-17, 5:44 AM #9
UT was never as fun as quake, but they were still pretty good.
nope.
2009-09-17, 6:33 AM #10
Originally posted by Baconfish:
UT was never as fun as quake, but they were still pretty good.

talentless.
>>untie shoes
2009-09-17, 6:38 AM #11
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
UT is starting to get stale. I loved 2K4 but they need some new ideas.

Deathmatch-only focused games like Unreal and Quake are pretty much a thing of the past. I wouldn't be surprised if a new multiplayer focused game that continue one of the series never comes out.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-09-17, 9:08 AM #12
I used to love UT, but theres just been way too many.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-09-17, 8:03 PM #13
I loved UT soooo much, and I played custom maps against bots for hours on end. Even when UT2K3 came out (which was a pile of steaming poo), I continued on with the original. When they release UT2K4, I bought and loved it also.

I was considering buying UT3 or asking for it at Christmas. I'll be too busy this weekend to play the free demo, though.

I've always described UT to noobs as Halo on 'roids.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-09-17, 8:19 PM #14
Sorry, but Team Fortress 2 is all the FPS I need anymore.

I loved the previous UT games, but UT3 just seems far too focused on graphics, not gameplay.
2009-09-17, 8:53 PM #15
What happened with the unreal series is that they polarized the fan base. You have the die hard UT99 players, and then you have the die hard UT2kx players. You try to make a game in between the two styles, you get a crappier version of both. That ladies and gentlemen is why UT3 is such a failure.
\(='_'=)/
2009-09-17, 9:26 PM #16
There aren't any ladies reading this.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-09-17, 10:46 PM #17
lol
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2009-09-18, 5:33 AM #18
Originally posted by Tracer:
There aren't any ladies reading this.

He makes a point... :argh:
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-09-18, 5:45 AM #19
Unreal Tournament is really ****ing great. Awesome dynamics, great music and lots of bizarre fun. Quake was good and there wouldn't be UT without Quake 1, but they still felt like mindless shooters to me as opposed to UT feeling like a shooter rollercoaster on crack. UT2k4 was also quite fun, I used to play it against like 20 bots (there's a Penny Arcade comic about something like that somewhere..) with original UT, DX and Frank Klepacki (read: C&C9 music blasting through my ears and esophagus. Good times.

UT3 is more of a spiritual successor to Quake games with obviously fancier graphics.

A shame games are now going through the "darker and grittier" process comic books went through in the 1990s so it will be a long time before something as fun as UT will surface... or more likely, never again.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!