Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → You may have noticed it's been more peaceful than usual around here...
You may have noticed it's been more peaceful than usual around here...
2009-09-17, 1:49 AM #1
or if you didn't notice I was gone; the tale of how I survived the H1N1 virus (allegedly).

Basically for the last seven days I've been in quarantine for having "flu-like symptoms." The corpsmen on the ship believe it to be H1N1, but they don't have any way to test to be sure. All the symptoms match up though apparently. So by 5th fleet policy, anyone with a temperature over 100.4 has to be quarantined for a period of 7 days. My temperature when I went to doc was 100.8 (that was about 5:30pm last Thursday). They put me in the "sick" berthing for quarintine about 7pm. I went straight to bed. The next morning my temperature was over 103. I was good and sick for about 3 days, and spent most of the time sleeping. After that, I spent the whole time reading and playing PSP.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-09-17, 2:00 AM #2
Sounds like fun.
Pissed Off?
2009-09-17, 2:05 AM #3
Nice to have you back :)
2009-09-17, 2:05 AM #4
Well alot of diseases tend to have "flu-like systoms."
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-09-17, 2:11 AM #5
But if you guys are at sea most of the time, how did the illness come about? Do diseases on Navy ships spread like wildfire due to confined spaces?
2009-09-17, 2:19 AM #6
It started up shortly after our port visit to Bahrain.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2009-09-17, 2:27 AM #7
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
But if you guys are at sea most of the time, how did the illness come about? Do diseases on Navy ships spread like wildfire due to confined spaces?

The only time anyone got sick during my 2 months on a research vessel was from food poisoning. And seasickness I guess.

o.0
2009-09-17, 6:12 AM #8
Surely we'll avoid scurvy if we all eat an orange
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-09-17, 8:21 AM #9
Yar
2009-09-17, 8:23 AM #10
i had a temperature of over 103 for 3 weeks. Man up!;)
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2009-09-17, 8:29 AM #11
I think the quietness is because we banned Freelancer, but what Martyn said.
nope.
2009-09-17, 8:37 AM #12
If you go from port to port, you are bound to get some diseases.

:master:
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-09-17, 9:34 AM #13
not if you keep it in your pants... like i do.

:)

2009-09-17, 9:35 AM #14
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
It started up shortly after our port visit to Bahrain.

Maybe you picked up someth- oh someone already made that joke.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2009-09-17, 9:43 AM #15
Private Bahrain must be sore?
2009-09-17, 9:49 AM #16
Swine Flue: The regular flue, now with 200% more hype!

Also,

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=swine_flu
2009-09-17, 9:59 AM #17
Glad to have you back, Sarn!

Now get back to writing! :ninja:
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2009-09-17, 11:12 AM #18
I had H1N1 on Tuesday. It wasn't too bad.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-09-17, 11:15 AM #19
I hope I don't get the SARSSWINEAVIANCANCERAIDS flu.
2009-09-17, 11:33 AM #20
Does this mean you're essentially the cure for H1N1?
2009-09-17, 12:41 PM #21
You allegedly survived it?
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-09-17, 1:04 PM #22
IS IT HRD TO TYPE WITH HOOFS LIKE THAT NOW??
2009-09-17, 2:16 PM #23
You mean trotters.
nope.
2009-09-17, 6:36 PM #24
hurr yeah it's amazing how over-hyped swine flu was/is. What I had was basically a regular flu, though it was the 2nd worst flu I've ever gotten in my life. And yet, there was no real point in time that I was in any real danger of having anything serious, despite taking nothing but Tylenol, to reduce the fever.

2009-09-17, 7:20 PM #25
or if you didn't notice I was gone; the tale of how I survived the H1N1 virus (allegedly).

Basically for the last seven days I've been in quarantine for having "flu-like symptoms." The corpsmen on the ship believe it to be H1N1, but they don't have any way to test to be sure. All the symptoms match up though apparently. So by 5th fleet policy, anyone with a temperature over 100.4 has to be quarantined for a period of 7 days. My temperature when I went to doc was 100.8 (that was about 5:30pm last Thursday). They put me in the "sick" berthing for quarintine about 7pm. I went straight to bed. The next morning my temperature was over 103. I was good and sick for about 3 days, and spent most of the time sleeping. After that, I spent the whole time reading and playing PSP.

Did you have trippy *** dreams? I had some sort of flu for 2-3 days and while I was sleeping through 90% of it I remember I had some messed up dreams.
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2009-09-17, 7:46 PM #26
So, when you're in quarantine, do they poke your food under the door and run away?
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-09-17, 9:36 PM #27
Nah, it's been peaceful here because I've been banned for the past month
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-09-17, 9:41 PM #28
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Nah, it's been peaceful here because I've been banned for the past month

Yeah, it was kinda nice. We should do it again sometime soon.
2009-09-17, 9:45 PM #29
All it takes is a little trolling. I can't resist.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-09-18, 10:57 AM #30
Originally posted by Gettleburger:
Did you have trippy *** dreams? I had some sort of flu for 2-3 days and while I was sleeping through 90% of it I remember I had some messed up dreams.

actually yeah I did have some weird dreams.

There was one where myself and a childhood friend who I haven't seen in about 12 or 13 years were trying to recruit a third guy to hunt aliens. There was snow all over the ground, so we had snowmobiles, and we had 3 total. So we put an ad in the paper for a third guy, and this dude showed up that evening. But then it turned out he wanted to do "gay sh**" with us (that was the actual terminology in my dream), and he'd thought the ad was a code for a gay threesome, rather than a hunt for aliens. So we sent him on his way and instead of hunting for aliens we went out looking for another guy who didn't want to do "gay sh**" with us and who would instead hunt aliens with us. Then we found this other guy and we were taking him back with us to get the 3rd snowmobile and I kept telling him, "we thought the last guy was gonna help us hunt aliens, but he just wanted to do gay **** with us. I need to make sure you're not just wanting to do gay ****." Which he denied over and over again. And shortly after, I woke up.

There were a couple other weird ones too, but I don't remember them as vividly.

2009-09-19, 5:37 PM #31
That sounds about right. All my dreams had this common theme of black and white and I was defining color or some ****.

It was deep.
2009-09-19, 6:06 PM #32
Originally posted by Gettleburger:
That sounds about right. All my dreams had this common theme of black and white and I was defining color or some ****.

It was deep.

Did your mother not warn you about taking too much LSD before bedtime?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-09-19, 6:13 PM #33
You could never actually fall asleep after taking acid. Same with shrooms. You will feel really tired for parts of it, but you cannot possibly fall asleep.
>>untie shoes
2009-09-19, 9:48 PM #34
actually yeah I did have some weird dreams.

There was one where myself and a childhood friend who I haven't seen in about 12 or 13 years were trying to recruit a third guy to hunt aliens. There was snow all over the ground, so we had snowmobiles, and we had 3 total. So we put an ad in the paper for a third guy, and this dude showed up that evening. But then it turned out he wanted to do "gay sh**" with us (that was the actual terminology in my dream), and he'd thought the ad was a code for a gay threesome, rather than a hunt for aliens. So we sent him on his way and instead of hunting for aliens we went out looking for another guy who didn't want to do "gay sh**" with us and who would instead hunt aliens with us. Then we found this other guy and we were taking him back with us to get the 3rd snowmobile and I kept telling him, "we thought the last guy was gonna help us hunt aliens, but he just wanted to do gay **** with us. I need to make sure you're not just wanting to do gay ****." Which he denied over and over again. And shortly after, I woke up.

There were a couple other weird ones too, but I don't remember them as vividly.

O.o
2009-09-19, 10:30 PM #35
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
Did your mother not warn you about taking too much LSD before bedtime?

did you even read the thread?

↑ Up to the top!