Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Waking up on the wrong side of the bed...
Waking up on the wrong side of the bed...
2009-09-18, 9:25 AM #1
I have a lot of really awesome things going for me lately, and specifically yesterday some neat things went down that I'm excited about, but...

Despite this, I woke up devastatingly depressed this morning. To the point of boredom and crabbiness. I want to crawl back into bed and never come out again, and I've never experienced this in my life. The strange thing is, under the surface, I'm still ecstatic about my life and where I'm going. It's very conflicting, and I can't identify any underlying sub-conscience problems that I'm avoiding.

Have you ever had no reason to be unhappy, but somehow were? What'd you do to get out of the stint? What kinds of things could cause spontaneous and overwhelming depression?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-09-18, 9:33 AM #2
try drugs
Stuff
2009-09-18, 9:48 AM #3
No. It's just you. You're mentally ill. Bipolar. Seek professional help.
2009-09-18, 10:34 AM #4
It's usually the opposite for me. My life blows, and there is no reason for me to crawl out of bed. But once in a while I will be happy for some unexplainable reason.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-09-18, 10:43 AM #5
Are you in love?
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2009-09-18, 10:48 AM #6
you probably woke from a bad dream you can't remember.
2009-09-18, 11:26 AM #7
Originally posted by Freelancer:
It's usually the opposite for me. My life blows, and there is no reason for me to crawl out of bed. But once in a while I will be happy for some unexplainable reason.

Sucks, dude, change the scene.
2009-09-18, 12:13 PM #8
But once in a while I will be happy for some unexplainable reason.

Is it when you log into Massassi? :)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-09-18, 1:40 PM #9
Maybe it's because you've finally discovered the inherent meaninglessness of existence? That there is no rationale for life and being-within-the-world is merely a string of unrelated tragedies without any sense of order or purpose?
:master::master::master:
2009-09-18, 2:47 PM #10
pfft, I thought everyone knew that.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-09-19, 8:22 AM #11
I go through this about once every 2 or 3 months. I just get extraordinarily depressed for no reason, usually when a lot of good things have been going on. Generally it happens because I place too much stress on myself. Oddly enough, I just got out of one of these bouts yesterday.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2009-09-19, 8:25 AM #12
Me and Zloc are on same PMS cycles.

Yeah, by mid-day I felt totally fine, and this morning was back to my normal chipper self, so it seems mostly harmless. Still, a little discomforting to be THAT distant and shut off from my actual emotions.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-09-19, 8:47 AM #13
Gimme my bottle of Midol back you *****. >=(
I had a blog. It sucked.
2009-09-19, 9:04 AM #14
I used to wonder why I bothered getting out of bed in the morning. Now I just try not to think about it.
2009-09-19, 9:31 AM #15
Hang in there, Obi :)

How is life going, by the way? Aren't you at school somewhere? What are you studying?
2009-09-19, 9:40 AM #16
At least you people have beds.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-09-19, 9:49 AM #17
ya rly, fgr has to sleep in his igloo on the ground
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2009-09-19, 9:53 AM #18
In an igloo.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-09-19, 9:54 AM #19
Wow. You guys have sucky lives.

It's great to be me; my life rocks. It's good to be Steven.
2009-09-19, 10:02 AM #20

I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2009-09-19, 10:04 AM #21
Yes I've had it happen. Lots.
2009-09-19, 1:24 PM #22
Originally posted by stat:
Maybe it's because you've finally discovered the inherent meaninglessness of existence? That there is no rationale for life and being-within-the-world is merely a string of unrelated tragedies without any sense of order or purpose?

http://www.xanga.com/
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2009-09-19, 1:48 PM #23
Maybe you felt so awesome the day before you realized it could only go downhill from there!

2009-09-19, 10:02 PM #24
Originally posted by saberopus:
Hang in there, Obi :)

How is life going, by the way? Aren't you at school somewhere? What are you studying?

I'm doing Electrical Engineering at University of Louisville. Lots of homework and studying, but this semester's been particularly bad. I'm studying right through this weekend.

Life seems very difficult and not a little pointless. It's really hard to find a reason to care. I need more friends, but for what ever reason I seem to have lost the patience or ability to make new ones. Not that I really have enough time.

I talked to a doctor and a psychiatrist or something like that, but they just kind of give me a blank stare and talk about confidence and self esteem, which is not at all a problem.
2009-09-20, 12:43 AM #25
You need Jesus
2009-09-20, 12:49 AM #26
You need [female genitalia].

As do I. :(
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

↑ Up to the top!