Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → story about theives, and ignorant laws
story about theives, and ignorant laws
2009-09-18, 3:50 PM #1
So the weekend of August 7-9th my friend and I were camping. Having a great time, drinking lots of beer. When we arrived back home on the 9th, my friend noticed that his XBox 360 was gone! Stolen in fact! Right off his TV stand. Weird thing is, that was all that was gone. Well that and the games. A couple days later he filled a police report.

I suggested he go around to the used video game stores and find if someone sold it. XBox.com has your serial # registered so he takes it down to "Video Games Express".. Which is a place we commonly buy used games from. And sure enough his XBox, 2 controllers, 120gig hard drive and 3 games are there.

Here's the best part, if you trade a console for cash, they copy your drivers license. Long story short (because the sheriffs dept moves slow as dirt) the person that stole it was one of our friends! A good friend at that.

We did the right thing, and instead of going down to his house and beating the living **** out of him, we let the cops take care of it and arrest him (which just happened like on Monday).

Here's the **** up ****. Apparently it's Ohio law that if your property is stolen and sold to a "pawn" shop, legally you have to purchase it back for what they bought it for.

Not only that, my friend calls video games express today, to find out they already sold his XBox. Isn't that bull****? As far as I'm concerned his XBox is still stolen and video games express should be charged with receiving stolen property.

End the end, I'm sure my friend will get ****ed. Because the law obviously doesn't protect the innocent.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-09-18, 3:56 PM #2
Damn...

If the guys at the pawn shop knew this was your friend's Xbox, then they are guilty of selling stolen property.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2009-09-18, 4:43 PM #3
Will we have a friends-betraying-friends trifecta before the eve's end? Time will tell...
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!