Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Looking for a USB Adapter? (Tech)
Looking for a USB Adapter? (Tech)
2009-09-21, 1:07 PM #1
I just ordered some new headphones from a computer store near me, but the problem is that they aren't connected VIA USB. I only have one sound card on my computer and my on board is apparently not working anymore for some unknown reason. Thus, I only have one connection.

Normally, I prefer to use USB because since it's its own port I can use my sound card to play my Winamp music or movies, etc, while at the same time I can converse and hear on programs like Ventrilo or my video games through the headset.

These headphones I have only connect via the plug-in spot's (not sure the exact name for it but you know what I mean) and thus now I am forced to listen to music, video games, movies, etc all through only one device. Thus I cannot speak on Ventrilo while playing music, or hear Ventrilo while playing music. Or video game while playing music, etc.

Anyways I am not even sure if such a device even exists, but do you guys know if it does? Basically I was hoping it would be just a small adapter that's got a USB connection where on the back or somewhere on it you can plug the connectors for the Headphones into?

Other than that I am guessing my only other option is to buy another sound card which I don't really want to do.
2009-09-21, 1:12 PM #2
You just want a tiny USB sound card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010290057+1102608535&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&Subcategory=57&description=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=
2009-09-21, 1:16 PM #3
I was literally just reading those and about to edit my post. Thanks.

Now this brings up a second and third question....

I've noticed a lot of these are probably low sound quality. If I were to plug my Fatal1ty headphones (which apparently also have their own built in sound card) into this device, will I have an extreme loss of sound quality? Or will there even be a difference?

Also, if there will be a sound quality loss of a huge measure, are there any devices like this out there that actually are GOOD and don't cause a loss of quality? What's probably the best one's?

Thanks a lot :D

↑ Up to the top!