Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Issues with IDE
Issues with IDE
2009-09-21, 4:10 PM #1
so i'm having an issue with the IDE controller on my motherboard.

it worked fine a couple weeks ago (well, like a month ago) but now it isnt recognising any devices plugged into it.

i've tried replacing the cable, and resetting the CMOS. and thats all i really know to do.

any ideas?
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-09-21, 4:31 PM #2
when you reset CMOS did you go into the BIOS screen and make sure it was set up correctly?
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2009-09-21, 4:37 PM #3
yes i did. the drives (one optical one physical) were not detected by the motherboard.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-09-21, 6:57 PM #4
Do the optical and hard drive share the same cable? If so test them seperately, there is a slim chance that either the hard drive or optical is malfunctioning.

If not, you are probably out of luck. It's usually at that point I consider getting a new motherboard because it's been my experience that PCI IDE controllers are pain to configure.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2009-09-21, 7:07 PM #5
Use Visual Studio instead

oh wait
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-09-21, 8:04 PM #6
Emon you smartass that's not what Massassians helping Massassians is about!
2009-09-21, 8:23 PM #7
Yeah, suggesting Visual Studio is just...cruel.
2009-09-21, 8:27 PM #8
smartassassians
jackassassians
dumbassassians

↑ Up to the top!