Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tasks/Chores you HATE.
Tasks/Chores you HATE.
2009-09-28, 11:05 AM #1
I have absolutely grown to hate doing dishes. I got used to having a dishwasher for so long, and now that I don't have one anymore.... :suicide:
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-09-28, 11:06 AM #2
Buy one. I hate dishes too, thats why I bought a dishwasher. You can even get a little one on wheels that hitches up to your sink if you live in an apartment without one.
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2009-09-28, 11:07 AM #3
Waking up.

I'll pretty much do any housework, i may ***** n moan a bit to begin with but then i get into it

oh wait, cleaning toilets. thats never pleasant
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2009-09-28, 11:16 AM #4
I actually don't mind doing dishes.
I HATED it though when my roommates would cook and then just leave all their dirty cooking stuff in the sink. I always wash my pots and pans before I eat, and my plate and fork as soon as I am done. I'll use the same cup for like a week before washing it.

I hate cleaning, in general. Like, I gotta clean dishes so I don't mind it. Flies attract, you can't use the sink, I barely had any dishes so I would have to clean the stuff before the next time I ate, etc. But cleaning my room? It's going to be messy in a couple days again. Same with my car. It's just going to get dirty again. Especially in the winter. It's ridiculous. People clean their car. It's dirty after 20 minutes of driving.
2009-09-28, 11:17 AM #5
Originally posted by El Scorcho:
Buy one. I hate dishes too, thats why I bought a dishwasher. You can even get a little one on wheels that hitches up to your sink if you live in an apartment without one.

Yeah, the portable one isnt a bad idea. I just really don't have the extra green for a dishwasher right now.
2009-09-28, 11:20 AM #6
I hate doing other people's dishes, but don't kick up a fuss over my own as I usually do them as I'm cooking a meal. I don't think there's any chores I hate, I just find myself hard pressed to do them (except for dishes).
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-09-28, 12:19 PM #7
I don't mind any chores, really, except mowing the lawn. I hate mowing the lawn more than anything, ever.
Warhead[97]
2009-09-28, 12:22 PM #8
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
I don't mind any chores, really, except mowing the lawn. I hate mowing the lawn more than anything, ever.

You come do my dishes, I'll mow your lawn haha.. Mowing is easy, and good exercise.
2009-09-28, 12:27 PM #9
I like mowing.
(at least on a rider)

Grab a beer....(that is held in your duct-taped on coolie) Catch some sun and fresh air ... drive around on a machine that has a blade spinning extremely fast underneath you. It's fun.
2009-09-28, 12:27 PM #10
Yeah, mowing is good exercise...although I'm not sure if its a net plus when you consider I'm sucking up exhaust fumes the whole time I'm doing it!
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2009-09-28, 12:29 PM #11
Hmmm, Might be your mower... I <3 TORO. Also, Riders cheat... unless your lawn is 1+ acres...
2009-09-28, 12:37 PM #12
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
Hmmm, Might be your mower... I <3 TORO. Also, Riders cheat... unless your lawn is 1+ acres...

It's stupid to spent all day pushing a mower when you could do it in 45 minutes on a rider.
I've done a lot of mowing (used to do it for cash).

I've had to do one lawn weekly on a push that would take all day .. it sucked. Not only was it a ton of area .. but it was ridiculous terrain that you couldn't use a rider on. It was all crazy hills and slopes and trees and stuff in the way.
2009-09-28, 1:01 PM #13
riding mowers don't go much faster than a push mower, unless you just poke along. Since the average rider mows in 3rd or 4th gear anyway.

Besides, you're using a substantially larger amount of gas to run a rider.
2009-09-28, 1:15 PM #14
I had an older lawnmower that would do over 15MPH in its highest gear. :awesome:
2009-09-28, 1:43 PM #15
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
I had an older lawnmower that would do over 15MPH in its highest gear. :awesome:

Yea, I mowed my grandmothers lawn with this crazy *** old ford from like the 50s or something. It's a family heirloom, basically. My grandfather used to mow the lawn with it, and he's passed, so all us grandchildren run it now in his place.

The thing is a beast, you can go pretty fast and it still chops the grass well.
2009-09-28, 1:45 PM #16
I hate brushing my teeth. I love the feeling after, but hate the task.
2009-09-28, 1:51 PM #17
Yard work.
2009-09-28, 3:03 PM #18
Dishes are one of the few tactile tasks that, to me, isn't irksome. They have a strange tranquility about them.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-09-28, 3:37 PM #19
I don't mind the dishes and quite like mowing. And I've never used a dishwasher or rideon lawnmower. :P

I can't really think of anything I hate, unless digging counts but thats not really a regular task for me.
nope.
2009-09-28, 7:47 PM #20
I don't usually mind the chores while doing them, it's motivating myself to get them done that's the big issue. I hate changing my insulin pump set though.

And I rarely mind helping other people with their chores or whatever, it's my own that I have a problem doing.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2009-09-28, 11:02 PM #21
Putting away clean laundry. It's just so time-consuming and I don't really have the space to do it comfortably in front of my TV. This is the one chore in my apartment that really takes forever (up to probably a week and a half) to get done.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-09-29, 1:04 AM #22
Originally posted by sugarless:
I don't usually mind the chores while doing them, it's motivating myself to get them done that's the big issue. I hate changing my insulin pump set though.

I have the same problem. Takes me a while to get started but once I have I tend to blast through a lot.

Still don't like the idea of an insulin pump one bit, though!
2009-09-29, 8:42 AM #23
Hedge cutting for my parents' place. Each year I cut through a long line of beech and lawson cypress using long-handled secateurs and shears. It gets particularly bad when the crowning from previous trims is sufficiently low that I cannot cut beneath it and have to cut through loads of thick shoots per plant. Tends to take 2-3 days of fairly constant cutting. Reaching the back of the hedge requires me holding the tools out at chest height as far away from me as possible for extended periods.
2009-09-29, 9:53 AM #24
I generally do my dishes shortly after using them. I guess out of anything laundry sucks the most, but it has to be done, and I usually don't complain about it (nobody around to listen anyways).
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2009-09-29, 10:08 AM #25
paying bills. it's not that i mind spending money, i just hate the process of doing it.
>>untie shoes
2009-09-29, 10:14 AM #26
why not set up automatic electronic payments? (if you can.. most things you can these days)
2009-09-29, 1:39 PM #27
Originally posted by Antony:
paying bills. it's not that i mind spending money, i just hate the process of doing it.

Yeah, I have this one too. It's cost me far too many completely unnecessary late fees.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-09-29, 8:52 PM #28
Originally posted by LividDK:
I have the same problem. Takes me a while to get started but once I have I tend to blast through a lot.

Still don't like the idea of an insulin pump one bit, though!

Exactly! And you have to want to do the insulin pump, it took me a while to be convinced - it just weirded me out - but now I would never want to go back.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.

↑ Up to the top!