Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ok, ewiz. WTF.
Ok, ewiz. WTF.
2009-09-29, 8:19 AM #1
This is what I get for not ordering from Newegg. .(

Quote:
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Anthony Cheng wrote:

Dear Josh,

I apologize for the delay, it will ship out today and it takes an extra day to generate that tracking number.

Best Regards,

Anthony Cheng
SuperBiiz Customer Service

Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 3:09 PM
To: Superbiiz Support
Subject: Invoice # E450154

Hello-

I placed an order two days ago and it's still saying 'in warehouse' - do you have an estimated shipping date?

Thanks!
-josh

Quote:
Order Status
2009-09-23 Order Processing
2009-09-23 Credit Verification
2009-09-23 Order Processing
2009-09-24 Inventory Processing
2009-09-24 In Warehouse

:downswords:
woot!
2009-09-29, 8:35 AM #2
It takes a day to generate a tracking number? What? It usually takes a day for the carrier to register the number but not to generate it.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-09-29, 8:45 AM #3
Originally posted by Emon:
It takes a day to generate a tracking number? What? It usually takes a day for the carrier to register the number but not to generate it.

Yeah- tracking numbers are usually generated prior to shipment (in my experience, anyway) - and I'm pretty sure that Friday (the alleged ship date) is now long gone!
woot!
2009-09-29, 8:56 AM #4
I had a order waiting for a week before it was cancelled for being out of stock.

I mean really. There are these things called "computers" that are very good at processing numbers, and the number of an item you have in inventory is a particularly good number for them to process. Why did it take them a whole WEEK to figure out they were out of stock, and why wasn't the order page SAYING "out of stock" in the first place!

Thankfully I bought what I needed from someone else and it is currently en route.

2009-09-29, 8:58 AM #5
Originally posted by The Mega-ZZTer:
I had a order waiting for a week before it was cancelled for being out of stock.

I mean really. There are these things called "computers" that are very good at processing numbers, and the number of an item you have in inventory is a particularly good number for them to process. Why did it take them a whole WEEK to figure out they were out of stock, and why wasn't the order page SAYING "out of stock" in the first place!

Thankfully I bought what I needed from someone else and it is currently en route.

Was that from ewiz/superbiiz as well? I might just spend the extra $15 and order from newegg.
woot!
2009-09-29, 10:17 AM #6
WTF?

Quote:

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Anthony Cheng wrote:

Dear Josh,

There was a huge shortage on that video card. It will ship out soon, thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Anthony Cheng

Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 8:00 AM
To: Superbiiz Support
Subject: Re: Invoice # E450154

Hello-

Is there any way for someone to check the status of my order (E450154)?

My card was charged last Thursday, I was told it would ship Friday - now we're at Tuesday with no tracking number.

thanks!
-josh

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Anthony Cheng wrote:

Dear Josh,

Your item is not on backorder. I am not sure what the delay is in the warehouse, but you will receive a tracking number once it has shipped.

Best Regards,

Anthony Cheng

woot!
2009-09-29, 10:26 AM #7
Whaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaa
Attachment: 22769/crying_baby.jpg (34,159 bytes)
2009-09-29, 10:31 AM #8
Originally posted by Steven:
Whaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaa

Go ahead and support incompetence if you so desire.
woot!
2009-09-29, 10:35 AM #9
This used to be par for the course for me with online retailers until I got spoiled by newegg!
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2009-09-29, 10:40 AM #10
Originally posted by El Scorcho:
This used to be par for the course for me with online retailers until I got spoiled by newegg!

I think I have been spoiled as well.

He replied again and claimed that they are not backordered but the warehouse is busy.

If I would've ordered from Newegg, I would've spent an extra 15 bucks but I'd be getting my stuff today.

Duly noted.
woot!
2009-09-29, 10:57 AM #11
I found a cool deal at newegg for something or other, and they cancelled it saying it got backordered, then raised the price. Newegg is good most of the time, but when a good deal hits all the "deal" sites they don't play fair -- if you let me order it, you should honor the price/order.
2009-09-29, 11:00 AM #12
Quote:
We regret to inform you that your recent Newegg.com Sales Order xxxxxxxx has been cancelled due to insufficient inventory.

It was discovered that the quantities for one or more items reserved to fulfill this order were either found to be damaged, misplaced, or only partially available.

Here's a summary of this case:

[Item#] [Item Description] [Qty. Ordered] [Qty. Avail.]
26-633-001 HEADPHONE MAXIMO IMEP-0290-01 R 2 0

(blarg, it doesn't count anything in quote tags as your text, lame)
2009-09-29, 11:02 AM #13
That sucks.

I remember when Newegg was the place. They seem to be slipping a little.

On another note, yesterday's ZZF order is already packed. Kudos.
woot!
2009-09-29, 11:58 AM #14
Originally posted by JLee:
Was that from ewiz/superbiiz as well? I might just spend the extra $15 and order from newegg.

Nah I bought from a small business/some guy (not sure which) selling on some site. Now I bought from a small business/some guy on buy.com which seems to be doing better, although when DHL updates the tracking information it's always with information that's 2 days out of date.

What's the point of tracking my package if I can't have an idea of where it is?

Also they seemed to have handed it off to the USPS 4 days ago a few states away which means I have no way to track it now and no idea of where it is. :(

2009-09-29, 12:40 PM #15
Incidentally I had to order my mobo for my build from eWiz since Newegg BANNED ME FOR LIFE and although the shipping was sorta slow (one week from purchase to in my hands), at least they had a good price and I didn't have to deal with any BS
一个大西瓜
2009-09-29, 12:43 PM #16
Go ahead and support incompetence if you so desire.

It's not as easy as it sounds. I worked at Home Depot one summer - it's actually pretty freaking hard to find stuff in a huge warehouse that's constantly shipping things out and receiving new things.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-09-29, 2:07 PM #17
Originally posted by Pommy:
Incidentally I had to order my mobo for my build from eWiz since Newegg BANNED ME FOR LIFE and although the shipping was sorta slow (one week from purchase to in my hands), at least they had a good price and I didn't have to deal with any BS

You got banned?? Haha wow... did you talk about their mother?? :rant:
2009-09-29, 2:18 PM #18
I understand that warehouses can be busy/etc - but if they have a shipping delay, don't tell me "it'll ship today" when it won't . This is the third business day since I placed the order - somehow Newegg and ZipZoomFly manage to get stuff shipped out same or next day. Not acceptable! .(
woot!
2009-09-29, 2:19 PM #19
ewiz huh huh huh huh
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-09-29, 3:17 PM #20
Originally posted by Pommy:
...Newegg BANNED ME FOR LIFE...

That has to have some sort of interesting story behind it.
2009-09-29, 3:26 PM #21
IIRC it was just because of him ordering parts to a different address or something, not like he egged the head office.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-09-29, 6:17 PM #22
he was banned for life because his college campus was blacklisted.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-09-29, 6:29 PM #23
Seriously? I wanted to hear a cool story :(
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2009-09-29, 6:37 PM #24
he made a big thread about it some months back. search for it :P
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-09-30, 5:31 PM #25
They finally shipped it! :XD:
woot!
2009-09-30, 6:04 PM #26
when you go cheap, don't expect to get stellar service.
2009-09-30, 7:46 PM #27
Originally posted by ragna:
when you go cheap, don't expect to get stellar service.

Why not? Monoprice is cheap and fantastic.
woot!
2009-10-01, 11:45 AM #28
They are an exception.
2009-10-01, 6:06 PM #29
My thing arrived yesterday, and I fixed my Wii with it! :D

The irony is, thanks to my broken Wii, I was unable to update to system 3.2 and thus was not unpleasantly surprised at the loss of my Homebrew Channel. Instead, by the time I got my Wii working, a new version of the Channel was out with a workaround which I installed before upgrading the system, hooray!

2009-10-01, 6:18 PM #30
Why not? Monoprice is cheap and fantastic.

The monoprice warehouse is a 10 minute drive from where I live. I go pick everything up in person and save on shipping, though I have to pay around 9% sales tax.
2009-10-01, 6:59 PM #31
Originally posted by The Mega-ZZTer:
My thing arrived yesterday, and I fixed my Wii with it! :D

The irony is, thanks to my broken Wii, I was unable to update to system 3.2 and thus was not unpleasantly surprised at the loss of my Homebrew Channel. Instead, by the time I got my Wii working, a new version of the Channel was out with a workaround which I installed before upgrading the system, hooray!

the new 4.2 is breaking systems apparently, look outz
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2009-10-01, 8:00 PM #32
i only ordered one thing from ewiz (7800GS) and the shipping was reasonably fast

but that was 3 years ago
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-10-01, 8:21 PM #33
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
i only ordered one thing from ewiz (7800GS) and the shipping was reasonably fast

but that was 3 years ago

The other stuff I've bought from them was shipped within a reasonable timeframe. The CSR guy said that the warehouse was backed up. The plus side is that it shipped from NJ rather than Cali, so it might get here a couple days earlier than it would've otherwise - or the same-ish time anyway.
woot!

↑ Up to the top!