Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My Friend's dad wins Ig Nobel!
My Friend's dad wins Ig Nobel!
2009-10-02, 1:50 AM #1
For Veterinary Science!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/oct/02/ig-noble-awards-britons-top

How awesome is that?!
2009-10-02, 6:16 AM #2
hahahah thats hilarious! Congratulations.

I have a feeling Douglas Adams had something to do with this...
Quote:
Awarded for research on whether it is better to be smashed over the head with a full beer bottle or an empty one

Also, I have one of the One Hundred Trillion Dollar bills sitting right next to me!
Quote:
Mathematics prize

Awarded to Gideon Gono, governor of Zimbabwe's Reserve Bank, for giving people a simple way of dealing with a wide range of numbers. Gono ordered his bank to print notes with denominations ranging from one cent to one hundred trillion dollars.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-10-02, 10:46 AM #3
Quote:
To Donald Unger, a doctor in Thousand Oaks, California, who cracked the knuckles of his left hand, but never those on his right, every day for 60 years to investigate whether it caused arthritis. Unger, now 83, told the Guardian: "After 60 years, I looked at my knuckles and there's not the slightest sign of arthritis. I looked up to the heavens and said: 'Mother, you were wrong, you were wrong, you were wrong.' "

This is good news.

↑ Up to the top!