Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dollhouse is still awesome
Dollhouse is still awesome
2009-10-03, 2:48 PM #1
Say what you will about Eliza Dushku, but I found her acting in the latest episode of Dollhouse amazing. The entire mother story really got to me.

I am really happy this wasn't canceled, and instead came into its own.

You can watch episodes on Hulu, by the way.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-10-03, 2:50 PM #2
Originally posted by JediKirby:
You can watch episodes on Hulu, by the way.

No I can't! I'm in Canada!

*seethes with rage; shakes fist at hulu*
I'm just a little boy.
2009-10-03, 2:50 PM #3
Edit: dallhouse lol
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-10-03, 2:59 PM #4
Ahh season 2 has started?

What a great time of year - Dollhouse, Dexter, and Castle! :D
woot!
2009-10-03, 4:41 PM #5
Why can't Canadians see it in Canada on hulu? it's the internet?
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2009-10-03, 5:11 PM #6
Instead of "we're sorry, this video is not available in your region" they should have a big thing saying "PLEASE PIRATE ME" and a link to a torrent site; it amounts to the same thing.

Edit: moral of the story is, hulu sucks, and because they've been screwing over non-americans for so long I don't think I'd watch things on hulu even if it *were* available here
Stuff
2009-10-03, 5:17 PM #7
If hulu thought it was profitable, they'd stream to other countries.
Pissed Off?
2009-10-03, 5:24 PM #8
Those are stupid posts. Blame the corps, not Hulu.

Big corps license certain content usually deemed so un/successful that it can't hurt to give it away. Licensing outside of the US is still a large market, and there's no way the corps would give that up. It's 2nd and 3rd tier profit in redistribution and international DVD sales. The only way Hulu has been allowed to provide high profit content like films and "catch up" episodes was if they could lock out the international market. Channel 4, and for a long time even The BBC did this. They are archaic business practices, and are not compatible with a free internet. It's hardly hulu's fault.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-10-03, 7:06 PM #9
the stupid thing is that they wonder why people pirate
Stuff
2009-10-03, 7:31 PM #10
I loved the season premiere. This week's episode was still good, but suffered from a terrible shortage of Dr. Saunders.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-10-03, 8:38 PM #11
I had high hopes for Dollhouse... Then I saw it.

I haven't seen s02e02 yet, but the season premiere was all kinds of crap. When did Joss forget how to write a character I can care about? If you think about it, all good shows have a character or some characters that you can relate to, and you feel for their well being. They could blow the entire Dollhouse to smithereens and I'm not sure there's one character on that show that I would give a damn about.
I beat the internet. The last guy was hard.
2009-10-03, 8:40 PM #12
Topher is definitely the best character.
Stuff
2009-10-03, 9:39 PM #13
Juz.tyn, where the hell did you come from!?
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2009-10-04, 1:50 AM #14
Couldn't disagree with you more, Juz.tyn, I've never been so involved with characters in a series then I am with the Dollhouse crew.
It's the little peeks at the personalities within the dolls that really draw me in I guess.
Then again, the people operating the place like Topher have really cool and endearing qualities too, so I dunno.
All I know is Dollhouse is brilliant and Joss Whedon is too.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-10-04, 1:58 AM #15
Can we just uncensor his name already?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-10-04, 8:30 AM #16
i dont like DeWitt's haircut.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-10-04, 8:51 AM #17
Whenever they say mrs dewitt it sounds like they are saying mr witt and I always wonder if she's a cross dressering guy or something
2009-10-04, 9:56 AM #18
also milllllf
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-10-04, 10:01 AM #19
Originally posted by Squirrel King:
Whenever they say mrs dewitt it sounds like they are saying mr witt and I always wonder if she's a cross dressering guy or something

it's because they're saying ms. dewitt
2009-10-04, 10:25 AM #20
Originally posted by Ford:

Completely agreed.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-10-04, 4:59 PM #21
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Say what you will about Eliza Dushku

People have said her acting is bad?
2009-10-04, 5:34 PM #22
Originally posted by Vornskr:
it's because they're saying ms. dewitt

Whatever, it still sounds the same.
2009-10-04, 10:38 PM #23
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
This week's episode was still good, but suffered from a terrible shortage of Dr. Saunders.
Originally posted by Ford:
Originally posted by Emon:
also milllllf

My name is Steven, and I approve this message.

↑ Up to the top!