Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A Good cause on Twitter
A Good cause on Twitter
2009-10-07, 4:05 PM #1
I saw this on reddit and figured I'd link it here: http://mashable.com/2009/10/07/drew-carey-twitter-bid/

Basically, a guy was diagnosed with cancer and decided to auction the twitter account @drew. The money made from the auction will be donated to Livestrong.

The BIG part: Drew Carey placed an initial bid of $25,000 for the name. As of today, he has decided to donate $1,000,000 (yes, one million) if he gets 1,000,000 followers on his twitter account (@drewfromtv) by the end of the year. Even IF he does not get 1,000,000 followers, he will prorate it (ie, if he only gets 500,000 followers, he'll donate $500,000).

So...if you have a twitter account, start following @drewfromtv

:P
2009-10-07, 4:09 PM #2
Yeah something like this pops up every so often, and it's nice to help so I guess I'll follow him.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!