Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Any PS3 players play this yet?
Any PS3 players play this yet?
2009-10-09, 9:28 AM #1
Its a game called Demon's Souls. Looks pretty cool. I'm reading the review on IGN and me thinks its going to be my next rental at least. Anybody body else try it?
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2009-10-09, 10:06 AM #2
Nope.
2009-10-09, 12:08 PM #3
Atlus titles are almost ALL good. I wanted to buy it, but I really don't want to pay $60 for it. I'll wait for an amazon deal.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-10-09, 12:16 PM #4
My friend was talking about it the other day. It sounds pretty hard core.

Apparently from what he described it has a difficulty that INCREASES the more you die, and it saves constantly and does something else that prevents the user from going back to the beginning with a new game or something to that degree.
2009-10-09, 12:47 PM #5
That sounds absurd. If a game is too hard for the player (causing the character to die), the game makes it even HARDER next time? It also prevents one from starting over? Eventually, one will be left with nothing but a shiny plate that used to be your PS3 game.
2009-10-09, 12:48 PM #6
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

There's a game out for the PS3?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-10-09, 3:27 PM #7
I'm trying to find a good deal on it. Unfortunately, it's not sold at Toys R Us so I won't be able to buy it for Buy 2 Get 1 free deal. Oh and Uncharted 2 comes out next week.
2009-10-09, 3:36 PM #8
I don't know much about it, but it doesn't look like my style.
nope.
2009-10-09, 11:05 PM #9
Definitely going to look into it.
2009-10-10, 9:25 AM #10
I was going to pick this up this morning, but I'm having difficulty finding a store around here that actually has it in stock, which is pretty shocking. Must not have been many copies shipped out.
2009-10-10, 9:38 AM #11
Well, apparently, it slipped under the radar from what my friends at EB said. I went to three stores to find it. Eventually found it at Best Buy.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2009-10-10, 10:45 AM #12
Yeah, I checked the Gamestop close to my house, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, and another Gamestop kinda nearby. Ended up up having to drive out to the Gamestop near my office, and they had one copy left.
2009-10-10, 1:26 PM #13
Originally posted by Emon:
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

There's a game out for the PS3?

Jokes about the lack of games for PS3 was cool when it first came out...

Personally, I'm passing and waiting for Uncharted 2. Too little time so have to be selective about games. Plus, everything I've read makes it sound more frustrating than fun to me.
2009-10-10, 1:29 PM #14
I'm torn between Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend.

I'm actually enjoying my ps3 much more than I ever did my 360. :P
nope.
2009-10-10, 3:23 PM #15
Yeah, I use my ps3 a lot more than my xbox 360... but not for games.
2009-10-10, 3:56 PM #16
Well, I'll say this much.

I'm still working on the platinum trophy for Resistance 2 (10,000 kills in multiplayer = 100 hours... *rolleyes*)

I haven't played Killzone 2 yet.

I'm still holding out for God of war 3 next march.

Uncharted 2 and Demon Souls both look awesome, but financially I'm not sure I can support buying or having the time to play them both.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2009-10-10, 6:59 PM #17
Originally posted by Baconfish:
I'm torn between Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend.

I'm actually enjoying my ps3 much more than I ever did my 360. :P

Ditto. If it weren't for the split-screen in some of the 360 titles, I'd never use it.
2009-10-12, 4:45 AM #18
Originally posted by Darth:
I was going to pick this up this morning, but I'm having difficulty finding a store around here that actually has it in stock, which is pretty shocking. Must not have been many copies shipped out.

It's shipped in very limited quantities. Kind of typical for an Atlus published game. I was able to nab the last copy at Best Buy yesterday along with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.
2009-10-12, 6:12 AM #19
Originally posted by Brian:
Yeah, I use my ps3 a lot more than my xbox 360... but not for games.

Other than Bluray, what else COULD you use it for over the 360?
2009-10-12, 9:50 AM #20
Paper weight? I use it for bluray and dvds, that's about it.
2009-10-12, 10:01 AM #21
Originally posted by Cloud:
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

How is it? I enjoyed the original Flashpoint on PC back in 2001 (even though it was insanely ****ing hard, and I spent many hours crawling on my belly because my legs had been wounded).
2009-10-12, 10:53 AM #22
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
Jokes about the lack of games for PS3 was cool when it first came out...

Still funny because Sony continually ruins all of their products due to incompetence
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-10-12, 11:45 AM #23
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Other than Bluray, what else COULD you use it for over the 360?

God of War and Metal Gear Solid 4! (and now this, it looks like a pretty swanky game)
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-10-12, 12:14 PM #24
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
Atlus titles are almost ALL good.

This is not true. Also, Atlus is doing the translation and publishing, they did not make Demon's Souls.

Boco: Go with Uncharted 2, rent Brutal Legend.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-10-12, 2:49 PM #25
Originally posted by Emon:
Still funny because Sony continually ruins all of their products due to incompetence

Um?? Your argument was about the PS3 not having games - that was funny back in 2006. Are you going to be witty and follow-up on the Wii's HD capabilities in a thread on the New Super Mario Bro's?

Not sure what you're arguing here - whether its hardware reliability (um...I know by far more people with 360's dying then PS3's), software exclusives, Playstation Network, etc

Title of thread = "Any PS3 players play this yet?"...Quit being a troll
2009-10-12, 3:07 PM #26
Atlus didn't make Demon's Souls

also, it is amazing! innovative system for player death ftw
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2009-10-12, 3:13 PM #27
It is definitely an awesome game. Can be frustrating at times, but not enough to make you hate it.
2009-10-12, 3:25 PM #28
When I beat the Maneater(s) by myself I pretty much crapped myself
2009-10-12, 3:38 PM #29
Originally posted by Gettleburger:
Atlus didn't make Demon's Souls

The Atlus website begs to differ? http://www.atlus.com/

Edit: I see, they just published it
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-10-12, 3:56 PM #30
Originally posted by fishstickz:
This is not true. Also, Atlus is doing the translation and publishing, they did not make Demon's Souls.

Boco: Go with Uncharted 2, rent Brutal Legend.

I haven't rent a game since the mid 90s, and I haven't finished the first one yet. :P
nope.
2009-10-12, 4:06 PM #31
Originally posted by Gettleburger:
When I beat the Maneater(s) by myself I pretty much crapped myself

I'm nowhere near that far yet I don't think. I'm only around level 30. I made some pretty dumb decisions with how I spent my souls early on (because I originally wasn't aware that you spend souls to level up, so I wasted a lot on things like spells I didn't really need yet).
2009-10-12, 4:10 PM #32
Originally posted by Steven:
How is it? I enjoyed the original Flashpoint on PC back in 2001 (even though it was insanely ****ing hard, and I spent many hours crawling on my belly because my legs had been wounded).

Truthfully, I haven't opened it yet. I would like to finish Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 before I move on to it. Not to mention I hear that there a bunch of bugs and glitches for both consoles that plague online games (A.I. teammates are supposedly bad according to reviews). Uncharted 2 will also be in the mail soon....looks like I'll have my hand full.

Oh and yeah like people have mentioned, Atlus didn't make Demon's Souls. A Japanese company known as "From Software" made it and they consider the game a successor to their old King's Field game.
2009-10-12, 10:28 PM #33
Originally posted by Darth:
I'm nowhere near that far yet I don't think. I'm only around level 30. I made some pretty dumb decisions with how I spent my souls early on (because I originally wasn't aware that you spend souls to level up, so I wasted a lot on things like spells I didn't really need yet).

Yea I screwed up a little bit early on since I didn't know that you could save demon's souls to eventually upgrade your weapons :(

The other thing that bothers me is when you try to pick something up, it tells you you can't carry it because you have too much burden. Then the game drops it off in the world next to you so you have to pretty much drop something else to pick it up. Or lose it forever. Pretty harsh but there are New Games+'s, so I guess it's not so bad.

↑ Up to the top!