Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Star Wars in Concert
Star Wars in Concert
2009-10-09, 11:30 PM #1
Just got back from seeing it at Arco Arena in Sacramento. It was absolutely incredible. You haven't heard Duel of the Fates until you've heard it live. I highly recommend it if it's playing within reasonable driving distance.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2009-10-10, 12:41 AM #2
I'm going on Sunday in San Jose. I'm pumped.
Pissed Off?
2009-10-10, 12:43 AM #3
Dalf and I saw it a week ago. It was pretty good. It was kinda sad, though, that we were the coolest people there.
2009-10-10, 2:36 AM #4
John Williams FTW.
woot!
2009-10-10, 5:45 AM #5
Now that I know I didn't get the job I was shooting for, I can actually go to the Jax show.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2009-10-10, 8:45 AM #6
Originally posted by Steven:
Dalf and I saw it a week ago. It was pretty good. It was kinda sad, though, that we were the coolest people there.

This is quite true. These were our seats.
Attachment: 22822/1002091942.jpg (258,202 bytes)
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2009-10-10, 9:52 AM #7
They are playing in Dallas at the new Cowboy Stadium. Problem is, unless you want to pay over $100 for your ticket you will be sitting across the field from the stage. My question is, do you think it would be worth going for somewhere around $40 total per ticket if you're about ~70 yards away from the stage? I'm also not sure how the acoustics would be inside a stadium of that size.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-10-10, 10:05 AM #8
They really need to do an east coast tour..wth.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-10-10, 10:28 AM #9
I'm going on the 20th in Tulsa. CAN'T WAIT!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-10-10, 10:30 AM #10
Originally posted by Onimusha:
They really need to do an east coast tour..wth.

New York, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire aren't far enough east for ya?

They add new tour dates every week. You should look again.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-10-10, 12:11 PM #11
Multiple shows in FL as well.
$do || ! $do ; try
2009-10-10, 1:24 PM #12
Thanks for the heads up on them adding tour dates. Last I checked there was nothing even close, now find out they have one right here November 3rd!

The sucky thing is that no one I would know would go with me to this. Girlfriend, close friends (they like Star Wars - but think this is too much), esepcially with the cost of the tickets.

So I had to buy a solo ticket - but oh well...need to be a nerd and represent every now and then.
2009-10-10, 2:42 PM #13
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
They are playing in Dallas at the new Cowboy Stadium. Problem is, unless you want to pay over $100 for your ticket you will be sitting across the field from the stage. My question is, do you think it would be worth going for somewhere around $40 total per ticket if you're about ~70 yards away from the stage? I'm also not sure how the acoustics would be inside a stadium of that size.

$35 in the HP Pavilion. Only half the arena is being used. The stage is in the middle of arena. There isn't a bad seat in the house. I take a shot from my seat tomorrow.
Pissed Off?
2009-10-10, 2:47 PM #14
Forums alcoholic

But also you can see how close to the back wall we were, about 25 feet. It doesn't really matter, though, as it's a concert - one can still hear everything just fine. They also had an effing huge HD screen (30' tall by 50' wide) so we could see everything.
Attachment: 22826/1002092052.jpg (35,378 bytes)
2009-10-10, 9:04 PM #15
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
New York, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire aren't far enough east for ya?

They add new tour dates every week. You should look again.

Considering I live in upstate NY and the *** hats who did the booking for this tour COMPLETELY skipped three major cities upstate, yeah, it is too far for me.

I will have to catch the Toronto show.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-10-10, 11:01 PM #16
I've seen Star Wars and other hits performed by the Cleveland Pops Orchestra, directed by John Williams at the Blossom Music Center. :awesome:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-10-11, 9:03 AM #17
My first year at RIT, the Rochester Philharmonic did a John Williams concert on campus.
$do || ! $do ; try
2009-10-11, 10:30 PM #18
It was fantastic. We got an encore of Imperial March.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!