Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Queen 10 Pack for Rock Band out today
Queen 10 Pack for Rock Band out today
2009-10-20, 12:27 PM #1
And I can confirm that it is FUN.

It's missing Bohemian Rhapsody (not a great deal of guitar in it I suppose) and Hammer to Fall, but on the whole it's a great selection for playing and singing.

I am totally biased of course, but I would totally recommend it.
2009-10-20, 12:31 PM #2
I hate that the PSN store only updates on Thursdays, so I have to wait 2 days for it.

Of course I also hate that I got my PS3 before my 360 and thus all my Rock Band crap is for the PS3 and not 360.
2009-10-20, 4:48 PM #3
Song list? (because I'm lazy but interested :) )
2009-10-20, 5:18 PM #4
No Hammer to Fall? That's my favorite Queen song.

That makes me a sad panda.
>>untie shoes
2009-10-20, 5:23 PM #5
Don't Stop Me Now was sorely missed on my part, but the list looks good otherwise
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-10-20, 5:30 PM #6
Originally posted by Martyn:
And I can confirm that it is FUN.

It's missing Bohemian Rhapsody (not a great deal of guitar in it I suppose) and Hammer to Fall, but on the whole it's a great selection for playing and singing.

I am totally biased of course, but I would totally recommend it.

For Bohemian Rhapsody they could have charted piano to guitar. I think other songs have done something similar. I know in The Beatles: Rock Band there are non-guitar instruments charted to guitar. I think the mellotron is what's charted for Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

I do want to get this eventually, but I also want both Grateful Dead packs, Thin Lizzy, and both Tom Petty songs. I bought Abbey Road for The Beatles: Rock Band and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is next month followed by Rubber Soul in December so I can't afford any normal Rock Band DLC.
2009-10-21, 1:11 AM #7
For the lazy arses out there:

1. Another one bites the dust
2. Crazy little thing called love
3. One vision
4. Fat bottomed girls
5. I want it all
6. I want to break free
7. Killer Queen
8. Somebody to love
9. Tie your mother down
10. Under pressure
2009-10-21, 2:46 AM #8
I might not be as big a Queen fan as some people, but damn that's a nice list.

I mean, there are only three songs that I haven't heard (or can't remember well enough) on there, and that's a bloody record as far as Rock Band / Guitar Hero go.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2009-10-21, 3:11 AM #9
Yeah, there are some more obscure ones that would work brilliantly that I'm actually pleasantly surprised (for non-Queen freaks) aren't there.

Stone cold crazy
Let me entertain you
Now I'm here
Tear it up
We will rock you (fast live version)

Great for me, but not a great selling point to others...
2009-10-21, 6:10 AM #10
I shall make purchase
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-10-21, 6:22 AM #11
We should play together. No singing for me though. I are tone deaf.

(I had a quick play on a few of them - forgot to play bass on Under Pressure: what a plonker!)
2009-10-21, 6:36 AM #12
Now all it needs are enough mics for the gigantic overdub vocals. :D
nope.
2009-10-21, 6:44 AM #13
I've yet to check if my Lips mics work with RB2 yet
2009-10-21, 7:01 AM #14
Originally posted by Martyn:
We should play together. No singing for me though. I are tone deaf.

I don't think you can hear the other person singing online in rock band.
Flickr Twitter
2009-10-21, 7:10 AM #15
How convenient... <_<

GIMME GIMME GIMME FRIED CHICKEN
2009-10-21, 1:12 PM #16
Are they the actual Queen versions or are they covers?
2009-10-21, 1:30 PM #17
Dear LORD they are originals.
2009-10-21, 2:00 PM #18
I don't think Rock Band or Guitar Hero do covers any more.

I hope they can release We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions to be played together as one song, like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With A Little Help From My Friends.

I wish the harmonies from TB:RB were in RB2 though. That would be good for some Queen songs.
2009-10-21, 2:08 PM #19
It would be epic for Bohemian Rhapsody!

Other awesome tracks that people may not have heard of but which lend themselves well to RB:

Brighton Rock (album track)
Keep yourself alive
Sheer heart attack
2009-10-21, 2:41 PM #20
Originally posted by Detty:
I don't think you can hear the other person singing online in rock band.

That just removes a part of what makes playing these games with other people fun, doesn't it.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2009-10-21, 2:44 PM #21
Its annoying enough when people use their mics in games, can you imagine them murdering You're My Best Friend through your speakers? :P
nope.
2009-10-21, 2:50 PM #22
True, but you should still at least have the option to either listen to it or mute them, the poor drunken singing plays a substantial role in these games.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2009-10-21, 3:58 PM #23
I read the other day that in an early version of rock band they had the real vocal track match the pitch of the player, in the same kind of way that missed drum hits and guitar strums fart out on you. I guess it was hilarious to the point of being really distracting so they chose to remove it. Sure would be nice if they brought it back, at least as option.
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2009-10-21, 11:14 PM #24
Like a MASSIVE HEAD mode!
2009-10-22, 1:40 AM #25
some of the songs are fun on guitar, others are really dull :(
Flickr Twitter
2009-10-22, 2:11 AM #26
Have you tried Under Pressure on bass yet? I didn't get to play last night (I was working on a drawing).

Have you had a crack at the singing too? I won't get to do that till I'm in my friend's games room with my shirt off and a skinful of ale in me. :D
2009-10-22, 3:13 AM #27
Gah it needed the Wedding Theme from Flash Gordon...

↑ Up to the top!