Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → World of Goo - pay any price until Sunday
World of Goo - pay any price until Sunday
2009-10-21, 5:31 AM #1
[url]www.worldofgoo.com[/url]

For those of you who haven't bought this nifty little phyiscs-y game it is available until Sunday for any price you feel it's worth.

If you feel it's worth a penny, you're entitled to pay just that. If anyone's interested I paid $5US (the article I saw it on said the average price paid is levelling off at about $3US so I thought I'd stay on the happy side of that).

Woo for fun cheap games this week!
2009-10-21, 1:20 PM #2
Yeah I posted this already; nobody seemed to care.

I still dunno if I wanna get it.
2009-10-21, 1:28 PM #3
Oh sorry Vin, didn't see your post.

I'm bothered :)
2009-10-21, 1:43 PM #4
It's a lot of fun, I bought it on a steam special a while back.
At first I thought that it wouldn't be varied enough to keep me interested, but as you go along they do introduce new mechanics (mostly in the way of blobs with different 'powers') and they mix it up just enough to keep you playing the whole way through.
And if it's any price, why not?
If you're too broke/stingey buy it for a cent, what've you got to lose?
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-10-21, 2:23 PM #5
I paid £3.10
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-10-21, 4:37 PM #6
Just paid 5$ USD
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-10-21, 5:07 PM #7
Originally posted by Vin:
Yeah I posted this already; nobody seemed to care.

I still dunno if I wanna get it.

but at the time the sale was ending on the 16th... they've extended it another week
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-10-21, 10:16 PM #8
I just wanted to post this- http://kotaku.com/5385832/Pay-What-You-Want%20Birthday%20Sale%20Results

It's some sales statistics on what people are paying. There has been some speculation that the developer loses money due to paypal transactions fees on orders under 30 cents- something to keep in mind when you are deciding how cheap to be.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2009-10-21, 10:27 PM #9
wow... 4 people actually paid $50?
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-10-22, 7:12 AM #10
I got it for $8 and went on to write a 3-page essay for their survey on what I believe is the correct pricing and distribution model for indie games. Now that I have no time to actually play it, I'm thinking maybe I should've just played the game instead of writing that dumb feedback.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2009-10-22, 7:20 AM #11
Good point.

↑ Up to the top!