Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Some old JK related PC Gamers articles
Some old JK related PC Gamers articles
2009-10-24, 7:10 PM #1
To save some space around the house, quite a few years ago I stripped many magazines down to the articles and tidbits I was interested in and threw the extracts into binders. Several years ago, again to save space, I went back through the binders and kept only the few articles that still had any worth to me. Tonight, to save space and get rid of stuff I don't need sitting around in boxes that never get looked at, I scanned them into PDFs.

I thought some here might be interested in these:

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B7t0wtfwVkKQMDk2Y2VkZmMtYTcxZi00NmM4LThhZTYtNzI3YmU4MDk2YTI1&hl=en

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B7t0wtfwVkKQMTQ2NTA5NDgtYTA4Ni00ZTNkLTk5MmEtZGQyY2ExZGI2ZDNk&hl=en
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-10-24, 7:42 PM #2
cool stuff
:master::master::master:
2009-10-24, 7:59 PM #3
I always like seeing screenshots of early versions of games that showcase ideas and levels that never make it into the final product.
2009-10-24, 8:03 PM #4
Also, the screenshot of LEIA in action is pretty cool too.
2009-10-24, 8:50 PM #5
It would be cool to see the FMV footage that got cut.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-10-24, 9:57 PM #6
Notice that there's way more talk about the cutscenes than anything else?
2009-10-24, 10:12 PM #7
It was a big deal at the time.
Also- ATST in Nar Shadaa.
2009-10-24, 10:29 PM #8
I like how a lot of the things they mention aren't in the final game at all. Some of them are in MotS though :)
2009-10-25, 9:48 AM #9
Haha those are pretty cool.
2009-10-25, 11:34 AM #10
The MOTS STRifle has alarming accuracy.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-10-25, 11:36 AM #11
I remember that, somehow the scope makes it hurt more and gives it pin point accuracy. Bonus when the model for the gun had a scope on it even from the beginning of Jedi Knight and didn't even change when you picked it up.
2009-10-25, 3:41 PM #12
Originally posted by DSettahr:
Also, the screenshot of LEIA in action is pretty cool too.

There was a screenshot of it in this article. Does anyone know if there is a copy of the app itself floating around out there?
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2009-10-25, 4:56 PM #13
Originally posted by gbk:
There was a screenshot of it in this article. Does anyone know if there is a copy of the app itself floating around out there?

Not to my knowledge. Didn't the devs that worked on Jedi Knight publicly admit that JED was far superior to LEIA though? As I recall the only advantage it had over JED was being able test cogs in the editor.
2009-10-25, 8:58 PM #14
We should upload those scans on Massassi for posterity.

Good find, Wookie! I love looking through old magazines.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-10-25, 9:02 PM #15
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
We should upload those scans on Massassi for posterity.

Good find, Wookie! I love looking through old magazines.

No, we shouldn't. I'm actually on the fence as to keeping this thread at all. Yes, it's awesome and a great piece of history, but it also violates copyright law.

:carl:
2009-10-25, 9:12 PM #16
Fair use?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-10-25, 9:25 PM #17
Violates copyright laws for scanning magazine pages of a 10+ year old issue? It's completely for non-profit and for review, so it would fall under Fair Use, no? Not to mention it doesn't affect PC Gamer sales in any real, possible way.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-10-26, 12:47 AM #18
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
No, we shouldn't. I'm actually on the fence as to keeping this thread at all. Yes, it's awesome and a great piece of history, but it also violates copyright law.

:carl:

:carl: is right.:rolleyes:
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-10-26, 3:10 PM #19
Awesome, you rule wookie.
Take that there and put it in here
2009-10-26, 3:12 PM #20
No one will be sued for posting 10 year old scans of PC gamer on the internet. I would bet any amount of money on it.
2009-10-26, 7:45 PM #21
I believe we should applaud a possible return of standards to the site. I mean, the guy that is mulling over whether or not to keep the thread is the same guy who recently lauded Netflix for his ever growing library of DVD rips.

Oops, I think I was just disrespectful again.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-10-27, 3:27 AM #22
Man, brings back memories. Fun little articles to read, especially as I'm currently finishing up JK right now
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-10-27, 9:02 AM #23
Originally posted by Wookie06:
I believe we should applaud a possible return of standards to the site. I mean, the guy that is mulling over whether or not to keep the thread is the same guy who recently lauded Netflix for his ever growing library of DVD rips.

Oops, I think I was just disrespectful again.

What?! Matty is dishonest and has double standards? No way!

I refuse to believe it. :colbert:

↑ Up to the top!