Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Best router/firmware combo under 100$
Best router/firmware combo under 100$
2009-10-30, 6:38 PM #1
Looking for a new router, preferably something with gigabit/wireless-n. Linksys has served me well so far, but I hear that the wrt160n has some nasty heat issues.

Any suggestions?
2009-10-31, 9:12 AM #2
I'm sure you can find it cheaper than Best Buy, but even there it's $129. Best router I've used in years. The firmware is solid, you can connect networked storage or a printer to the USB port and share it using a DLink utility, and the range is pretty damn good.

I don't have any wireless devices with N adapters, but friends who have the same router with N cards convinced me to purchase the router in the first place.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/D-Link+-+Xtreme+N+Wireless-N+Gigabit+Router/8040121.p?id=1157068454881&skuId=8040121
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

↑ Up to the top!