Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hobbies
Hobbies
2009-11-02, 4:08 AM #1
What up peeps? What are some of your hobbies? I don't know if you guys remember but I like to write lyrics and I thought I would share..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpUzTm1sfU0 (language)

If anyone has somethin negative to say about the way I talk/type/whatever then **** off... everyone else, post away!

Oh and I think someone else here raps; it'd be cool to see your stuff too!

removed youtube embed and added language warning. -DSettahr
2009-11-02, 4:33 AM #2
I'm going to check your video when I get home tonight. I sadly cannot watch them from work on account of many folks being around me.

For my part my hobbies include drawing, video games and more prominently so in the past two years : writing.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-11-02, 4:55 AM #3
I enjoy reading, drawing (though I don't do it often enough), the occasional blast of XBox, and my new passion: cooking.
2009-11-02, 6:57 AM #4
Parkour isn't really even a hobby anymore, it's kind of my life... so that doesn't count. Other than that, gymnastics, slacklining, juggling, swing dancing, taekwondo, rock climbing/bouldering.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2009-11-02, 7:01 AM #5
Eh, I still collect 40k. Well, paint more than collect.

I also do a bit of writing and drawing, neither of which are any good.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2009-11-02, 7:12 AM #6
I forgot ballroom dancing!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-11-02, 7:41 AM #7
I want happydud's life.

also i like what i hear, eMp. Sounding good.
DO NOT WANT.
2009-11-02, 8:17 AM #8
BJJ, judo, bboying, eating
一个大西瓜
2009-11-02, 8:29 AM #9
I'm into playing guitar and various computer-related activities. Occasionally video games, too.
2009-11-02, 8:30 AM #10
Put some ****ing clothes on.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-11-02, 9:10 AM #11
listening to music
absent mindedly strumming on my guitar (i can't seem to really get into writing, performing, or recording music anymore...)
watching movies
video games
my militaria collection if i didn't post the link people might think something was wrong
playing with explosives

and yes put some damn clothes on....
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-11-02, 9:12 AM #12
Things with engines. >.>
woot!
2009-11-02, 9:22 AM #13
I've been completely obsessed with paintball, and more recently started editing again (for the contest).
2009-11-02, 10:22 AM #14
Nice stuff eMp.

Ultimate Frisbee.
Videogames.
Photography (sort of)
Guitar (sort of)
Learning about stuff.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-11-02, 10:26 AM #15
Originally posted by JLee:
Things with engines. >.>

Seconded.

I suppose I might like this if I even slightly enjoyed "rap". I really don't feel BS-rapping either -- meaning rapping about things you don't/won't have. I can at least appreciate rap developed around the individual and their actual situation (IE. Black Thought, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, etc.) rather then the persona/lifestyle they choose to don. (IE Lil' Wayne, Soulja Boy, mainstream radio garbage). Just my 0.02.

And has anyone told you that you sound like the guy from Gym Class Heroes?
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-11-02, 10:42 AM #16
I like to go hiking and mountain climbing. Here's a video clip from an ascent of Algonquin Peak in the Adirondack Park from 2 years ago.

2009-11-02, 11:08 AM #17
too many hobbies to list
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-11-02, 11:10 AM #18
paintball (if I can get a ****ing remote coil that works and won't blow the o-rings), video games, C#
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2009-11-02, 11:24 AM #19
I tend to find a hobby after moving to a new place, then loose it after moving again because I can't do it there or some other reason, usually money.

Past hobbies have included:

Archery (Was doing it as I was still growing, got annoying how my body kept growing and I'd have to make adjustments)

Paintball (Quit because of Drama going on in the sport .. bunch of freaking drama)

Fencing ($$ Issue/Training partner was making the moves on me)

Scuba (Don't live near a good body of water/Dive buddies)

And I just noticed three of my four biggest hobbies include a weapon.
I've been dying to get some real guns. I want to shoot things.
2009-11-02, 11:26 AM #20
Darkjedibob .. make sure you are using the correct size/quality oiled orings?
There's no reason they should be blowing on you, it (should) just be a regular ASA with a line between your gun and your pack.
2009-11-02, 11:27 AM #21
eMp, I liked that a lot. It's not my favorite kind of music, but you sounded great.

I'm running real low on hobbies lately, but at the moment I've been spending most of my extra money on firearms related things...it's a lot of fun, and I'm trying to become proficient with the ones I have now.

My roommates also got xboxes and huge HD flatscreen tvs, so whenever I have some free time and they're not busy, I've been playing CoD4 and Fallout 3.

Also, I pick around on a guitar sometimes. I can't really play, but I like the sound, haha.
Warhead[97]
2009-11-02, 11:30 AM #22
Originally posted by Squirrel King:
Darkjedibob .. make sure you are using the correct size/quality oiled orings?

Was oiled and blew first day out. It's supposed to take the standard replacement o-rings, but wouldn't seal when the slide check was live. Could retain air through the line, just not to the marker. Even tried ordering o-rings that were specifically labeled as replacements for this coil, and those worked even less. I sent it back for a replacement, as there were enough remarks about these coils working fine even without replacement o-rings.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2009-11-02, 12:12 PM #23
going through amazon reviews specifically the 1 and 2 star reviews has recently become a hobby... so much massive fail on the part of the people writing these reviews where they didn't know how to setup/use the item so they give it a bad review on amazon

quite a bit of it with AV equipment reviews
2009-11-02, 12:17 PM #24
Size the O-rings up (or take it with you), then go to an industrial pneumatic/hose supply store and buy their O-rings. You can get them in bulk. They're a lot cheaper than the O-rings from a paintball store, and much stronger. That's what I used to do :\
2009-11-02, 12:22 PM #25
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
going through amazon reviews specifically the 1 and 2 star reviews has recently become a hobby... so much massive fail on the part of the people writing these reviews where they didn't know how to setup/use the item so they give it a bad review on amazon

quite a bit of it with AV equipment reviews

Gotta love those on Newegg.

1/5

omg product sucks because it won't even fit in my case and it needs TWO plugs and I only have one!
woot!
2009-11-02, 12:53 PM #26
Most of my free time is spent doing: exercise, computer graphics, reading and watching movies.
2009-11-02, 12:56 PM #27
Originally posted by Steven:
Size the O-rings up (or take it with you), then go to an industrial pneumatic/hose supply store and buy their O-rings.

**** yeah
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-11-02, 1:01 PM #28
I just watched the video ... you have a pretty dope flow
一个大西瓜
2009-11-02, 1:14 PM #29
Don't know if i should include art, it goes beyond a hobby for me.
Painting, Printmaking, mixed media, photography...
crochet
model rocketry
and collecting snowflakes
2009-11-02, 2:25 PM #30
eMp, you're really talented man, seriously.. keep that up.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-11-02, 3:11 PM #31
[mp3]http://david.vincent.home.insightbb.com/MassbotMix.mp3[/mp3]
2009-11-02, 4:33 PM #32
Hill-walking and a bit of rock-climbing
Kayaking when I get the chance

Since I moved back south to the land of the flat I've taken up general natural history; watching and photographing nature.
I mostly bird watch through the winter and then branch into entomology and a little bit of botany in the warmer months. One of the few good things about London is the natural history society here. I wouldn't have learnt half the things I have so far without the expertise of the people in the LNHS.

Oh and computer games
2009-11-02, 4:45 PM #33
eMp, I had your song playing and my roommate asked me, "Who is that? That song sounds really good."

You've got talent man!

My hobbies are typical of a college student. Hanging with friends, video games, enjoying the outdoors, watching movies, listening to all types of music, and of course, being an occasional drunk.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2009-11-02, 4:55 PM #34
Singing, reading, eating
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2009-11-02, 4:58 PM #35
Mb can attest that over the last year I've gotten fairly obsessed with music and guitars. Otherwise, Cooking and Baking.
nope.
2009-11-02, 4:58 PM #36
Other than video games, lately it's been poker and beer-tasting.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-11-02, 5:00 PM #37
Boatbuilding, sailing, rowing, powerboating, hiking. Throwing axs, meat cleavers, knives. Used to be into R/C monster trucks. Too expensive.

o.0
2009-11-02, 9:49 PM #38
playing drums,
reading,
drawing,
painting,
writing... a little,
airsoft,
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2009-11-02, 10:13 PM #39
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
playing drums,
reading,
drawing,
painting,
writing... a little,
airsoft,

hey

psst

you wanna buy some stuff?

:ninja:

I never play. :(
woot!
2009-11-02, 10:16 PM #40
ooh I love boats too, but (surprisingly, since I live in a major sailing town) I never get to go boating
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.

↑ Up to the top!