Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A bad history lesson.
A bad history lesson.
2009-11-05, 9:39 AM #161
Of course you learned more on your own. It's impossible for a general purpose curriculum to be that good.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-11-05, 9:44 AM #162
Originally posted by Alco:
As sad as it is, it'll get straightened out in College. [...]
Grade School is a free baby-sitting service for parents. [...] Generally, the first year of college is essentially a crash-course of your 4-years in High School.

The fact that this is true doesn't make it good. Professors have better things to be doing with their time than teaching kids how to use commas and that Gladiator isn't a realistic portrayal of history. It's a dumb way to structure our education system.
2009-11-06, 3:26 AM #163
I assume I'm not getting an answer on my points.

Ah well.
2009-11-06, 6:56 AM #164
I'm in on THAT mantrain:

Originally posted by JediKirby:
Hahaha, what are foreign values?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-11-06, 7:05 AM #165
Elementary school is certainly NOT a free baby-sitting service.

a) It is not free.
b) Baby sitters have more authority over their wards than teachers. (Kind of sad actually.)
c) It's all elementary. Remember?

Highschool, however, is basically adolescent day care. It wasn't so long ago that children that age became apprentices or entered the workforce. However, as the time a man could work lengthened, we discovered that we needed to delay the entry of the adolescent into the workforce to preserve the job of the older man. Thus we invented highschool.

↑ Up to the top!