Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How's Borderlands?
How's Borderlands?
2009-11-03, 9:39 PM #1
$36.90.

Must resist.
woot!
2009-11-03, 10:01 PM #2
Anyone want to split the four pack? It's the same price and I'd prefer it on Steam.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-11-03, 10:12 PM #3
Emon you tempt me

The thing holding me off has been that I don't really have any "gamer" friends (my one gamer friend only plays TF2, which is the one game I play often because he plays it). After I got L4D I played it for like the 3 months it was popular then nobody played it anymore so I didn't either. And I don't think any of my friends, even the TF2 guy, would want to play Borderlands (because he's too busy playing TF2)
一个大西瓜
2009-11-03, 10:17 PM #4
Play with Massassians? We've had many L4D games.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-11-03, 10:32 PM #5
WTF I offered 4 pack last week and no one posted.

You guys suck.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-11-03, 10:34 PM #6
Originally posted by JediKirby:
WTF I offered 4 pack last week and no one posted.

You guys suck.

You wanted me to take the payments for it. >.> This doesn't need four ppl either.
woot!
2009-11-03, 10:47 PM #7
I was talking more about Emon and Pommy, but you suck too.

:(

I kind of decided against getting it after I learned the only real loot is guns, and that it seems to need a patch or 12.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-11-04, 5:56 AM #8
It continues to be addictive as hell for me.

Buy.
2009-11-04, 5:58 AM #9
Originally posted by JediKirby:
and that it seems to need a patch or 12.

Just like the majority of other games released in this age of gaming.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-11-04, 8:11 AM #10
I played it a bit on the PS3, was pretty good for a console shooter. Might wait until it comes down in price before I get it for PC, would prefer a new rig before then, too.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2009-11-04, 1:29 PM #11
I've been loving it. Definitely get it if you have a friend or two to play it with. It's much more fun co-op.
2009-11-04, 8:38 PM #12
So we gonna do this Emon/Pommy?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-11-04, 8:41 PM #13
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
I played it a bit on the PS3, was pretty good for a console shooter. Might wait until it comes down in price before I get it for PC, would prefer a new rig before then, too.

If you've got a good PC it runs much better than on the PS3.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-11-04, 10:20 PM #14
Kirby: Ehhh still sort of on the fence =/ I heard the game has some performance issues too

What res do you guys play at with what setup and what framerates do you get?
一个大西瓜
2009-11-04, 10:30 PM #15
Maxed out, 1920x1200, 8800 GT on a 2008 Octocore Mac Pro. Good framerate.
2009-11-04, 10:31 PM #16
Jesus christ octocore?
I never even knew those were mainstream.
2009-11-04, 11:12 PM #17
I've been playing it nonstop since day one.
And when I say nhonstop, I mean seriously, averaging 15 hours a day on this thing, I haven't played a game this much in... y'know, I'm not sure I've ever played a game this much.
Especially nowadays, I thought I was drifting out of the gaming scene, turns out I was just waiting for Borderlands to come.
Buy it, steal it, kill for it, do whatever you can, just get it and enjoy t's awesomeness.

Oh, and yes, I have downloaded it illegally, but I'm going to buy it next pay, those guys deserve the money.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-11-05, 9:13 AM #18
I played with 4 gigs of ram, a first generation Phenom and an ATI 4870. I get an excellent framerate on SP, with a slight drop when I play with my bro inlaw that could probably be due to internet connection. I've not had any problems at all and its fun as hell to play. If any of you get it, be sure to look me up on steam and I can help you out with some missions. It will have to wait until next week, my new mobo and processor and case get here.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2009-11-07, 8:04 AM #19
The game is simply awesome. I've been playing it with my brother, plays like if Fallout 3 and Mass Effect had a baby. It's brilliant, the graphics are very cool and will keep you interested. The only gripe I have is that the PC version does not offer Anti-Aliasing, and even after trying to force it through Catalyst Control Center (ATI card) I still can't get it to work.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-11-07, 8:33 AM #20
This -might- help you
http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=79072

Also, theres a tweak everyone should use that let's you see more of the guns stats (current max viewable is 4, but they can have more)

Tweak Guide here:

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=79043
You can't judge a book by it's file size

↑ Up to the top!