Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Liquor Thread
Liquor Thread
2009-11-04, 5:03 PM #1
We've had a lot of beer threads, but hardly any liquor threads. What to people here like to drink? Do you like it straight, or in mixed drinks?

I personally really like whiskey. And straight whiskey at that, none of this watering it down nonsense.

Old Crow is a really good cheap whiskey, best bang for the buck by far.

When I'm getting something fancy, I really like Jameson.

And yes I know that Liqueurs are not technically liquors, but this convention is commonly ignored. Plus they're good so they deserve to be on the list.
2009-11-04, 5:11 PM #2
Whiskey. Up.

When I used to drink.
>>untie shoes
2009-11-04, 5:12 PM #3
I've never had Schnaps and Tequila is god awful, otherwise yes to everything depending on circumstance.
nope.
2009-11-04, 5:15 PM #4
I personally can't stand Gin. I've never had a good Gin experience, and so every time I get a whiff of the stuff it takes me back to those previous bad experiences.

Tequila and vodka I'll drink if they are available, but it's not something I go out of my way to obtain for myself. Rum I'm not a huge fan of either.

I really like sweet drinks, so Brandy, Schanpps, and Liqueurs are right up my alley. They still take a back seat to whiskey for me though.
2009-11-04, 5:18 PM #5
I absolutely love the taste of rum. A friend of mine got me drinking dark rum + coke a couple years back and now it's almost exclusively the only thing I drink.
Stuff
2009-11-04, 5:22 PM #6
I don't like the straight taste of any liquor, but I do like mixed drinks, Long Islands in particular.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-11-04, 5:26 PM #7
Top of the list: Jameson's Irish Whiskey, Maker's Mark, Grey Goose, Fire Water, Sheridan's

Straight up.
2009-11-04, 5:28 PM #8
Added one more option to the poll for those teetotallers on the forums.
2009-11-04, 5:32 PM #9
[LEFT]I was thinking about buying me some Bombay Sapphire Gin tonight.
[/LEFT]

2009-11-04, 5:33 PM #10
Originally posted by BombayZeus:
[LEFT]I was thinking about buying me some Bombay Sapphire Gin tonight.
[/LEFT]

Haha, is that where you got part of your user name from?
2009-11-04, 5:40 PM #11
I'm primarily a rum drinker. Sailor Jerry is my favorite, but I'll drink just about any dark rum. Bacardi is disgusting though.

List:

Sailor Jerry Navy Rum
Ron Zacapa
Captain Morgan Spiced
Captain Morgan Tattoo
Captain Morgan Private Stock

Jameson

Senor Frog Blue Agave Tequila

Butterscotch Blast Schnapps

Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka
Stoli Vodka
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2009-11-04, 5:54 PM #12
Originally posted by Yecti:
Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka

That stuff is the devil in a bottle.

Me and a friend smashed 4 fifths of that one night between the two of us. Neither of us were capable of normal human activity for the next 2 days.
>>untie shoes
2009-11-04, 6:00 PM #13
Vodka on ice.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2009-11-04, 6:15 PM #14
I can only really drink Southern Comfort, which I have with a mixer. Any other liquor and all I can taste is the alcohol (although I can stand vodka with a mixer, but I wouldn't say I like it so I didn't include it in my vote).

That said, I tried Southern Comfort after realising I liked the smell while serving it to customers. Gin and tonic has a really refreshing smell to it, too. Although I probably won't get past the spinster-with-cats stereotype and actually try it for myself anytime soon.
2009-11-04, 6:36 PM #15
Southern Comfort is not a liquor.
>>untie shoes
2009-11-04, 6:45 PM #16
I generally don't drink liquor at all. I would never order it at dinner or at a bar, maybe as my first drink of the night but usually just stick to beer. If I do drink it I usually go with Captain Morgan though. That mixed with Cherry Coke is damn good. A little too good though. Which is why I generally stick to beer. Utica Club. ;)
2009-11-04, 6:45 PM #17
Originally posted by Antony:
Southern Comfort is not a liquor.

Originally posted by DSettahr:
And yes I know that Liqueurs are not technically liquors, but this convention is commonly ignored. Plus they're good so they deserve to be on the list.

2009-11-04, 6:45 PM #18
We don't use the word Liquor in Britland so it's hard to tell. :P
nope.
2009-11-04, 6:46 PM #19
Originally posted by Baconfish:
We don't use the word Liquor in Britland so it's hard to tell. :P

We do in work, but only to set up "...I hardly know 'er!" jokes.
2009-11-04, 8:08 PM #20
I like everything but Vodka, as I actually like taste to my drinks. Also, I think I'm one of the few who drinks because I like the taste, and stop before I even feel buzzed.
2009-11-04, 8:18 PM #21
Haha, is that where you got part of your user name from?

You calling me an alcoholic :ninja:

2009-11-04, 8:32 PM #22
Originally posted by BombayZeus:
You calling me an alcoholic :ninja:

I'll take that as a yes. :)
2009-11-04, 8:39 PM #23
Everything but whiskey, unless it's Drambuie.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-11-04, 8:49 PM #24
I don't drink any more! :D
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2009-11-04, 8:52 PM #25
I'm not much of a distilled drinker however I will do the following: Rum, tequila, cogniac, and Jägermeister.

Whisk(e)y is too bitter for me. Vodka tastes like rubbing alcohol. Gin..ugh. Brandy...well let's say I had a baaaaaaaad experience on that.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2009-11-04, 9:50 PM #26
Whiskey, Rum, and Schnapps are my favorite. I love Phillipps "Hot 100" so much! Its amazing.
2009-11-04, 9:52 PM #27
You should know my answer already.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-11-04, 10:08 PM #28
Checked everything except liqueurs. I like alot of mixes that make my friends go 0_o. Vodka is definitely my bread and butter - I enjoy it with very little mix and as a result I generally don't get hangovers from it.
2009-11-04, 10:44 PM #29
mmm rum
2009-11-04, 11:11 PM #30
As far as mixed drinks go, I like white russians. With only a little bit of vodka and a lot of kahlua.

Also, I realize now that I left Absinthe and Sake off the list. Those are pretty small categories though.
2009-11-04, 11:42 PM #31
I don't drink any alcohol. I'm 29 and I tried some sort of gin concoction as my first ever drink recently. Never again I say. Didn't feel any sort of buzz or anything. Just spent the parts of the next day worshipping at the porcelain altar.
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2009-11-05, 6:39 AM #32
I will drink anything if it's free. However, if I'm buying it's almost always Kentucky Bourbon/Whiskey with Coca Cola (I'll drink it straight if there's no soda). My latest addiction is Bernheim Whiskey but I still toy around with Maker's Mark & Wild Turkey. We've been cooking with Brandy a bit lately as well.
? :)
2009-11-05, 7:41 AM #33
Originally posted by IRG SithLord:
Top of the list: Jameson's Irish Whiskey, Maker's Mark

Maker's is mah drank. Good good stuff. Jameson is pretty dandy too, although I prefer Tullamore Dewes
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-11-05, 7:51 AM #34
Old Crow is a really good cheap whiskey, best bang for the buck by far.

Old Crow was purposely turned to trash when it was bought by Jim Beam.

Quote:
When I'm getting something fancy, I really like Jameson.

:eek:
:master::master::master:
2009-11-05, 10:16 AM #35
The story of Old Crow is indeed a sad one. :(
? :)
2009-11-05, 11:57 AM #36
My usual favorites.

Gin: Tanquery, any variety
Rum: Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum
Vodka: Skyy
Tequila: Silver Xalixco
Liqueur: Rather like Ryan's Irish Cream, it's like Bailey's but without the flavor of rubbing alcohol. It's half the price, too. Drambuie is also amazing.
2009-11-05, 12:14 PM #37
Vodka, Ice, Lime.

I dabble in tequila too.

NO MIXERS.
2009-11-05, 12:55 PM #38
Anyone notice the naval rank of the person featured on rum bottles is inversely proportional to quality?

Sailor Jerry: Awesome
Captain Morgan: Okay
Admiral Nelson: Terrible

↑ Up to the top!