Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
2009-11-05, 5:05 PM #1
Has anyone played the Ultimate Sith Edition for The Force Unleashed? It's $39.82 and if I get it I'll probably trade in the original game at GameStop.

I don't have any of the DLC, so I'm wondering if it's worth buying.
2009-11-05, 5:10 PM #2
Don't buy it new.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-11-05, 5:11 PM #3
It's available for PC now.

I'd have bought it if my system was up to it. But alas.

# Operating System: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2. Windows 7
# CPU Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2)
# Memory: 2 GB RAM
# Hard Disk Space: 23.8 GB + 1 GB Swap File
# Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
# Video Card: 3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required -- 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 256 MB Video Memory with Shader 3.0 support
# Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 2900
# Video Card (Nvidia): Geforce 8800

Also, I heard it's a bad (quick) port. It only allows resolution changes. (And not even in-game) You can't configure anything else.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2009-11-05, 5:13 PM #4
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Don't buy it new.

Seriously, It's a terrible port.
2009-11-05, 5:14 PM #5
You also can't change graphic settings (except through your control panel). Only thing you can do change is your resolution.

Also, the game is capped at 30fps for some reason. Which is noticeable and annoying to alot of people.

The port is done by Aspyr, which does a bad job at porting.
2009-11-05, 5:41 PM #6
If I end up getting it it's for the Xbox 360.
2009-11-05, 5:43 PM #7
Damn... a friend of mine has a PC with even better than recommended system specs, and it runs like crap, even on lowest (800x600) resolution. And he's got a higher-end graphics card.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2009-11-05, 7:09 PM #8

Someone sorta figured out how to make a simple mod for the game.

I'm curious if modders are going to try to fix this bug-ridden game because it seems Aspyr doesn't give a crap about ironing out the game's issues.
2009-11-05, 7:31 PM #9
Also, the game is capped at 30fps for some reason.
they probably use a 33 ms timestep and didn't bother with interpolation because the consoles can't render the game faster than 30fps anyway.

fixing it would not be trivial.
2009-11-06, 9:04 AM #10
Why not buy it new? The original game plus additional content for less than the original game was released for new. I can see that statement if you already own the original release, though.

I had forgot the release date and saw one in a Gamestop yesterday. Went back and glanced through my email for the week and see that Amazon shipped it Monday so maybe I will get it today. Looking forward to it since I haven't played anything other than the demo yet, and that was over a year ago.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-11-06, 1:37 PM #11
I have an edge card so I get 10% extra when I trade in the original.

I get more if I trade it in for a new product so I could just trade in TFU for Modern Warfare 2 and then buy the Sith Edition. <_< >_>

It might cost me more for all of the DLC than buying the new version.
2009-11-06, 1:39 PM #12
Trade one crappy port for another crappy port.
Awesome.
2009-11-06, 3:10 PM #13
It's only out for a couple of days. Maybe Aspyr will make a patch.
2009-11-06, 3:12 PM #14
That made me laugh.
Now I'm sad.
2009-11-06, 4:09 PM #15
Originally posted by Tibby:
Trade one crappy port for another crappy port.
Awesome.

What? I have The Force Unleashed for the Xbox 360, and I'm getting Modern Warfare 2 for the Xbox 360. If I trade in TFU, I'll get the Xbox 360 version of The Force Unleashed: Sith Edition. They're not ports.

I don't understand your logic.
2009-11-06, 4:18 PM #16
Seeing that TFU was designed with Xbox360/PS3 in mind, I don't see how it would be a port.
2009-11-06, 4:21 PM #17
I think Tibby is a numpty and thought you were on about the PC versions.
nope.
2009-11-06, 4:23 PM #18
Tibby needs his medication. Maybe the government took it away.
2009-11-06, 4:23 PM #19
He was talking about the PC versions, Anakin9012.

Edit: someone already said it. XD
2009-11-07, 8:19 AM #20
I can't see why anyone would buy a PC version of a game unless the console version is the port or they simply don't own the console.

I guess I should take that back. I did buy a bunch of Disney Pixar games for the PC for my kid because they were cheap. Funny because I picked up an Xbox 360 wireless controller receiver so they play just like the console versions.

I hope my copy arrives today but I just started Mass Effect so I should be happy either way.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-11-07, 8:41 AM #21
I don't have a console, so yeah, I'll probably be buying the crappy port.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-11-07, 9:27 AM #22
Originally posted by Wookie06:
I can't see why anyone would buy a PC version of a game unless the console version is the port or they simply don't own the console.

Alot of people were looking toward the PC port because of modding capabilities, with all of TFU's physics and such.
2009-11-07, 3:15 PM #23
I can understand people hoping for that but in this day and age I would assume that unless a game's primary platform is PC with a strong emphasis on multiplayer the options for modding are going to be slim to none.

I remember hoping that when Shadows of the Empire was released for the PC some of the content might be able to be extracted for use in Jedi Knight although that would be against the EULA...

2009-11-07, 3:39 PM #24
Anyone remember The Infernal Machine?
Yeah...
2009-11-07, 4:37 PM #25
this. game. is. epically. sh*t :carl:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2009-11-07, 4:41 PM #26
Oh, give us examples.
I love hearing about terrible games even more then great ones.
2009-11-07, 4:48 PM #27
It was fun.
nope.
2009-11-10, 8:16 AM #28
Patch 1.1 is up on Aspyrs website.
2009-11-10, 8:26 AM #29
Yeah...

What about it? That game was great, apart from the occasional "you don't have a 3d card so I won't run HURR" bits (I think it has something to do with driver versions, or maybe it was a bug in nvidia's drivers they fixed). But if it actually launches, it works fine, at least under XP.

[quote=Patch Changelog]This patch is an official update for North American Retail version of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. THIS PATCH IS FOR THE NORTH AMERICAN RETAIL VERSION OF THE GAME.

This update includes some general performance improvements including the following:

-General performance optimizations
-Optimized in game cloth handling
-Optimized in game trees leaf handling
-Added a detail setting to improve performance on lower end (dual core) machines
-Addressed audio stuttering issues
-Addressed options disappearing briefly after pressing [Esc] at the Main Menu
-Addressed flashing placeholder text

-Added additional controller support:

Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
Xbox 360 Wired Controller
Logitech Rumblepad 2
Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2
Logitech Dual Action Controller
Saitek Cyborg Rumble
Saitek P32 Rumble[/quote]

Sounds like it might help with the performance issues people have been having. Nothing about the framerate cap though.

2009-11-10, 9:14 AM #30
Yeah...

Were you even born when it came out?
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-11-10, 10:34 AM #31
Yeah...

It was a game for Indy fans. The story had a good premise but was not fleshed out. It had great puzzles and fantastic visuals for the time.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-11-10, 10:36 AM #32

Someone sorta figured out how to make a simple mod for the game.

I'm curious if modders are going to try to fix this bug-ridden game because it seems Aspyr doesn't give a crap about ironing out the game's issues.

Am I missing something or did they just **** up the character skins?
2009-11-10, 10:36 AM #33
I wonder if they fixed the horrid controls on the Star Destroyer level..Or even tried looking into it.

↑ Up to the top!