Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The nature-loving side of China
The nature-loving side of China
2009-11-10, 2:53 PM #1
Industrialize My Country

And here we have the lyrics to a Pixies song:

Quote:
There was a guy
An underwater guy who controlled the sea
Got killed by ten million pounds of sludge
From New York and New Jersey

This monkey's gone to heaven

The creature in the sky
Got sucked in a hole now
There's a hole in the sky
And the ground's not cold
And if the ground's not cold
Everything is going to burn
We'll all take turns
I'll get mine, too

Rock me, Joe!

If man is 5
If man is 5
If man is 5

Then the devil is 6
Then the devil is 6
Then the devil is 6
Then the devil is 6

And if the devil is 6
Then God is 7
And God is 7
And God is 7

Any thoughts?
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2009-11-10, 3:09 PM #2
Thoughts? Sure. When I saw the thread title I thought about how the Nazis started wildlife preservation efforts in Germany.

[Edit: omg that looks worse than some third-world countries.]

2009-11-10, 3:25 PM #3
China is disgusting.
:master::master::master:
2009-11-10, 6:21 PM #4
Well, you can take comfort knowing that nothing will ever really get done for this.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-11-10, 6:22 PM #5
I'd guess that china is going through the same thing the West did about 200 years ago....the industrial revolution.

China doesn't really care and hasn't felt the brunt of what will happen years down the line in terms of people dying from toxins in the water, soil, deformaties, etc.....well, they know it's happening but china being china is ignoring it.

The developed countries in the world are shipping most of their manufacturing (be it dirty or not) to china because of cheap labour and the (until recently, non existent) laws on pollution.

Hopefully China and India will get through this stage a lot quicker than we did, it took us, what 100, 200 years? Doubt their countries/wildlife could handle that long a period.

The new technologies we have developed, new manufacturing techniques, some highly toxic, that weren't around when we went through this phase, they are going to have to deal with in very high quanties.

If you have a problem with what is going on don't buy stuff from China and India....and good luck trying to do that.

The west I feel has a responsibility to help get these countries through this stage and out the other side as quickly as possible, not only for the good of the countries affected, but for our own sakes.

The combined population of the "west" when we went through this dirty phase was purhaps 1/4 billion at most, China and India combined are over 2 billion and the crap they are putting out is a heck of a lot worse than what we did.

This is what happens when a country like China, which quite frankly was a mess before 1940's and well into the 1960's, suddenly goes through the ecomonic developments that took the west nearly 300 years but instead does it in about 40.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2009-11-10, 6:33 PM #6
Bye bye China.
But in all serious, was anyone else greatly disturbed by these pictures? I mean I've seen pictures of polution in the U.S., which frankly also disgusts me... but I haven't seen anything like this yet.
2009-11-10, 8:45 PM #7
And all this coming from the biggest nannystate in the world. Gross.
2009-11-11, 10:55 AM #8
Their cultural heritage suffers as well:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8354987.stm
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?

↑ Up to the top!