Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Xbox 360 > Coop game suggestions?
Xbox 360 > Coop game suggestions?
2009-11-18, 7:17 AM #1
Hey folks, anyone got some good coop game suggestions that I could play with the girlfriend? So far she's enjoyed coop in games like Lego Indiana Jones, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Fable 2. We played some Halo 3 coop and while she enjoyed it, she seemed to be having trouble with the camera. I guess she might get used to it eventually but I'm not certain how fun she actually finds it.

So huh, yea, suggestions? I have 80$ credit over at my favorite gaming store so I can't pick up a game or two free.

I've been considering Modern Warfare 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 also
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-11-18, 7:21 AM #2
I vote Gears of War 1/2 -- since it's 3rd person it "feels" easier to control for a lot of newer players.
2009-11-18, 7:41 AM #3
(High five, a girl is not going to sit and play multiple games with a guy unless she likes him.)

Burnout Paradise and Rockband 2 are fantastic 2 player games. If you're into sports, which I don't think you are, Madden games are fantastic for 2 people as well.

I HATED the game, but I'll bet Army of Two would be even better than Gears because of the cooperation and shallow difficulty.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-11-18, 7:50 AM #4
You know, I actually own both Gears of War games and only beat the first. I should try them with her. Thanks for the suggestion Brian?

And I'm going to try those out, Kirbs, except maybe Rockband 2 because the entire set is horribly expensive and messa broke. D: She does very much enjoy Guitar Hero 3. She beat the game on easy and medium already. For my part, I do enjoy the occasional sports game, though I'm usually more into hockey. I haven't played a football game since Mutant League Football on the genesis when I was a younglin!

She also enjoyed playing Aion (mmo) but in the end we don't play enough to warrant paying 30$ a month (for two accounts). Plus the game grows all too troublesome after level 25.

I think you're right that she does like me a lot, but I think she also enjoys gaming. Before I met her she'd played through a lot of games on the Wii, like Zelda and Rayman Raving Rabid. She was even the one to talk about gaming to me first.
2009-11-18, 7:50 AM #5
Originally posted by JediKirby:
(High five, a girl is not going to sit and play multiple games with a guy unless she likes him.)

Burnout Paradise and Rockband 2 are fantastic 2 player games. If you're into sports, which I don't think you are, Madden games are fantastic for 2 people as well.

I HATED the game, but I'll bet Army of Two would be even better than Gears because of the cooperation and shallow difficulty.

Burnout Paradise doesn't have split screen.

Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 is pretty good co-op, but may be a little on the difficult side.
woot!
2009-11-18, 7:54 AM #6
Isn't one of the burnouts splitscreen? I don't own a 360 but I could have sworn I've played it at a LAN party.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-11-18, 8:00 AM #7
Isn't one of the burnouts splitscreen? I don't own a 360 but I could have sworn I've played it at a LAN party.

I believe so, but unfortunately not Paradise. .(
woot!
2009-11-18, 8:05 AM #8
I dunno if monster madness was released on 360, but that game is fun co-op action. 4 Players too.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-11-18, 8:38 AM #9

The one before Paradise is. I own that one.
2009-11-18, 8:50 AM #10
LEGO Star wars too! And if you win the lottery, BEATLES ROCK BAND.
2009-11-18, 9:03 AM #11
Yeah, all of the LEGO games are brilliant, great fun to play co-op and there's a new Lego Indiana Jones game out soon (now?). 'Splosion Man is also a lot of fun, but some of the co-op levels are pretty hardcore and you'll need to get really damn good at sploding simultaneously.

I'm getting Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for Christmas for 360. We tried playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the Wii, but the graphics were so utterly ****e (even by Wii standards) so I'd avoid the Wii version like the plague.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-11-18, 9:06 AM #12
Originally posted by Martyn:
LEGO Star wars too! And if you win the lottery, BEATLES ROCK BAND.

I actually do not like Beatles Rock Band at all. I played it at Caroline's brother's place, and its just too slow for my tastes. Truth be told, I'm not much of a Beatles fan in the first place and while I find some of their songs good, playing them felt like playing most other guitar-games on easy, even if I played on Hard.

That's just me though. Right off the bat I knew it wasn't the game for me because I don't enjoy games focused one band. I need variety to keep entertained.
2009-11-18, 9:13 AM #13
Since you mentioned MW2, I'm just going to point out that Special Ops mode is awesome co-op. One of my friends and I spent like an hour and a half just trying to run through the AC-130 mission on Veteran and it was awesome.
2009-11-18, 9:31 AM #14
That being said and true, it can be kind of difficult especially for those that are not real into first person shooters. If you play it on the harder difficulties anyways.

I definitely agree with Burnout: Revenge though. Great racing game that I've seen girls enjoy playing. Left 4 Dead wouldn't be a bad idea either. It's not really scary due to it's arcadey-ness but is still fun.

Now that Burnout has been mentioned I would imagine pretty much any racing game could be fun. I guess it depends on which type of racing you/she likes the best.
2009-11-18, 10:00 AM #15
I was actually considering Left 4 Dead 2 but I thought that the MP was online exclusive? Was that a wrong assessment on my part?
2009-11-18, 12:51 PM #16
LEFT 4 DEAD 2.
2009-11-18, 2:09 PM #17
zombie apocalypse!
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-11-18, 3:05 PM #18
borderlands is pretty fun if youre into rpgs
2009-11-18, 3:57 PM #19
BORDERLANDS

Also, it's supposed to be a Co-Op game, but unless you want your girlfriend to break up with you

DON'T GET RESIDENT EVIL 5
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-11-18, 4:24 PM #20
Quake 4.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-11-18, 4:31 PM #21
I didn't realize quake 4 had split-screen coop. I can't find any place that actually mentions this, are you sure about it?
2009-11-18, 5:21 PM #22
Originally posted by Darth:
Since you mentioned MW2, I'm just going to point out that Special Ops mode is awesome co-op. One of my friends and I spent like an hour and a half just trying to run through the AC-130 mission on Veteran and it was awesome.

Yeah me and my roommate are trying to beat it in veteran! I hate it!
2009-11-18, 5:28 PM #23
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Also, it's supposed to be a Co-Op game, but unless you want your girlfriend to break up with you

?
2009-11-19, 1:27 AM #24
Originally posted by Brian:
I didn't realize quake 4 had split-screen coop. I can't find any place that actually mentions this, are you sure about it?

I can't say for sure that I am. I seem to remember that it did but its also been quite awhile since I played the console version.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-11-19, 4:02 AM #25
Well last night I got my hands on Lego Batman for 10$ over at Microplay, and used up part of my credits of Assassin's Creed 2. Seeing that I still have 54$ in credits, I'll probably get Borderlands come early december.
2009-11-19, 4:24 AM #26
Originally posted by fishstickz:

But the heckle engine is so much fun!

Sheva!
Hurry!
Hurry!
Come on!
Sheva!
Sheva!
Hurry!
Come on!
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2009-11-19, 10:34 AM #27
Originally posted by saberopus:
?

Happydud and I nearly came to blows over this game. The inventory system is so assbackwards that you'll spend 90% of the game arguing over who's picking up what shiny thing on the ground, arguing over ammo, arguing over weapons. Ugh.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-11-19, 11:05 AM #28
Sounds intense.
2009-11-19, 12:48 PM #29
Unless they changed it for L4D2 you can do split screen campaign. I did it on the demo also so I don't see why they would take it out for the final release.
2009-11-20, 2:42 PM #30
I can vouch for MW2's co-op being insanely awesome

↑ Up to the top!