Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Direct2Drive LEC Sale
Direct2Drive LEC Sale
2009-11-18, 8:38 AM #1
I saw this on joystiq.com: http://www.direct2drive.com/8739/product/Buy-LucasArts-Premier-Pack-Download

They have games like DF, JO, JA, etc., for only a few bucks. Alas, no JK/MotS. The link is to a "premier pack" but you can buy the games or as parts of other packs if you just search "lucasarts" in their search bar. Amusingly, their "Jedi Knight" bundle only includes DF, JO, and JA.
2009-11-18, 8:52 AM #2
but if you already have most of the games in these packs you can't get any good deals on individual titles

:(
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2009-11-18, 9:09 AM #3
Made a news post about the sale! (Hooray new news item on the front page!)
2009-11-18, 9:44 AM #4
I mentioned Jedi Knight at a party last weekend and everyone thought I was talking about JO/JA. Then I said "Dark Forces" and one guy cheered from the other room and then came in and we talked about it for 20 minutes. It was one of the nerdiest experiences I've had at a party, and it tells me videogames are becoming mainstream. The fact that a large group of people mistook one obscure game for another, and were actually interested blew me away.

I still can't get over how people call JO "JK2."
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-11-18, 9:54 AM #5
because JO is JK2

says so right on the box
2009-11-18, 10:54 AM #6
That's not true, that's impossible!
2009-11-18, 12:57 PM #7
Originally posted by Brian:
That's not true, that's impossible!

SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS, YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE!

:argh:
2009-11-18, 12:59 PM #8
I just noticed they don't even have Jedi Knight available for individual sale... what gives?
2009-11-18, 1:53 PM #9
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS, YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE!

:argh:

Nooooooooooooooooo!

(I was waiting)
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-11-18, 1:57 PM #10
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I still can't get over how people call JO "JK2."

It bothers me more when people call JA JK3.
Sorry for the lousy German
2009-11-18, 2:51 PM #11
Originally posted by Impi:
It bothers me more when people call JA JK3.

Especially when it's proper title is really DF4.
2009-11-18, 3:49 PM #12
Originally posted by DSettahr:
Made a news post about the sale! (Hooray new news item on the front page!)

LucasArsts?

I just noticed they don't even have Jedi Knight available for individual sale... what gives?

they probably don't want to deal with all the customer complaints from people who can't run the game because their computer is too new
2009-11-18, 4:41 PM #13
Fixed :)
2009-11-19, 6:45 AM #14
Especially when it's proper title is really DF4.

:suicide:
Sorry for the lousy German
2009-11-19, 8:01 AM #15
yeah... no...

IMO for it to be a proper DF series title Kyle Katarn has to be the main character

it is not DF4 or JK3 it is an unnumbered spinoff and i feel that if they decide to put us back in the giant shoulder pad of kyle katarn that title should be JK3 (AKA DF4)

↑ Up to the top!