Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
2009-12-02, 7:16 AM #1
So, I've become a huge fan of this show. Anyone else?

It's quite possibly the most random show I've ever seen that isn't skit comedy.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-12-02, 7:26 AM #2
Far and away the best comedy on television right now.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2009-12-02, 7:26 AM #3
I haven't seen it yet but everyone tells me it's great. It'll be the next series that I rent via Netflix once I'm caught up on Californication (which is ****ing awesome).
? :)
2009-12-02, 7:27 AM #4
I dare say that it rivals Arrested Development in my eyes.
2009-12-02, 7:41 AM #5
Originally posted by llibja:
Far and away the best [anything] on television right now.

This.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2009-12-02, 8:01 AM #6
Dayman: Fighter of the Nightman! Master of karate and friendship for everyone.

Yeah, probably one of the funniest things ever. There are laugh out loud moments constantly.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-12-02, 8:30 AM #7
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Dayman: Fighter of the Nightman! AHHH-AHHH Champion of the Sun! AHHH-AHHH! Master of karate and friendship for everyone.

Yeah, probably one of the funniest things ever. There are laugh out loud moments constantly.

Fixed

edit: for those of us who don't know:
2009-12-02, 9:10 AM #8
Most of the time they're really funny, but sometimes they're godawful stinkers.

Like "Who pooped the bed?" Really? That one was superawfulterriblestupiddumb.
2009-12-02, 9:13 AM #9
Originally posted by Mentat:
Icaught up on Californication (which is ****ing awesome).

david duchovny is awesome, though I can't ever look at X-Files the same.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-12-02, 9:23 AM #10
Originally posted by Steven:
Most of the time they're really funny, but sometimes they're godawful stinkers.

Like "Who pooped the bed?" Really? That one was superawfulterriblestupiddumb.

Yeah, it was a little too far out there.
2009-12-02, 10:07 AM #11
Arrested Development for me will always be my tops, because it really was one of the smartest shows ever made. The intial investment is so small, but the rewards of seeing the episodes dozens of times is so great. Just a crapload of jokes upon jokes upon jokes. I'm rewatching it all again probably for the 50th time, and I still enjoy it as much as the first time.

That being said, Always Sunny is my favorite show on television right now. They definitely do have their marginal episodes, but I still think for the most part they are usually enjoyable. Every season always has a run of 2-3 episodes that are absolute classics. This season, I think it was the wrestling, the kitten mittens, and then the DENNIS system. These next two episodes sound to be great though.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-12-02, 10:10 AM #12
I've only made it up to the end of Season 4, I need to buy Season 5 ASAP.
2009-12-02, 10:31 AM #13
Originally posted by zanardi:
david duchovny is awesome, though I can't ever look at X-Files the same.

Hahaha. Agreed.
? :)
2009-12-02, 12:06 PM #14
It's a good show, but it's way too hit or miss. I can't stand how all of the characters are pretty much retarded now. (It's a trend in TV lately, same thing happened on The Office, and to a lesser extent 30 Rock)
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-12-02, 1:40 PM #15
I love this show but sometimes they are just so stupid it becomes hard to watch. I thoroughly enjoy it for the most part though.
2009-12-02, 1:44 PM #16
I loved the first season before Danny Devito was introduced. I really thought the chemistry between the rest of the CAST was fantastic, then after Frank was introduced the show became a series of gimmicky gags based around him, and for me the show just took a nosedive.
2009-12-02, 7:20 PM #17
Seasons 1-3 were incredible, but 4 and 5 have been really hit or miss. That said, it's still one of the few shows on TV I actually go out of my way to watch.
2009-12-02, 7:33 PM #18
This season has been pretty much full of hits I thought.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-12-03, 7:17 PM #19
Originally posted by Connection Problem:
I loved the first season before Danny Devito was introduced. I really thought the chemistry between the rest of the CAST was fantastic, then after Frank was introduced the show became a series of gimmicky gags based around him, and for me the show just took a nosedive.

I agree somewhat. While I think his character is responsible for a lot of the newer stinker episodes, he makes for some gems too. I loved him and his vietnamese buddies in the free America one.
2009-12-03, 7:36 PM #20
This last episode was meh
2009-12-04, 5:29 AM #21
Originally posted by Gilgamesh85:
I agree somewhat. While I think his character is responsible for a lot of the newer stinker episodes, he makes for some gems too. I loved him and his vietnamese buddies in the free America one.

I liked him in the one where those wierd neighbors (the doyles I think) took the crew hostage.
2009-12-04, 9:08 AM #22
I think the moments you guys don't like make the show. Instead of boring story moments that try to make me feel something, Always Sunny's "filler" is just dumb-funny. There's never a break in comedy, just different kinds of humor.

I've been getting into the tropes of humor and stand-up, and whether or not they mean to, they constantly change up the type of humor being used, layering and overlapping types of jokes to make new unique ones. Since learning about this kind of stuff, other intelligent funny shows have started to appeal to me more as well, like Buck's Arrested Development.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-12-04, 9:26 AM #23
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
I liked him in the one where those wierd neighbors (the doyles I think) took the crew hostage.

The McPoyles scare the crap out of me
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-12-04, 9:55 AM #24
Originally posted by mb:

Eerie how much it resembles family?
:master::master::master:
2009-12-04, 10:40 AM #25
Originally posted by mb:

lmfao! That's right! Their brother was named Doyle McPoyle... hah! That was a good episode as well.
2009-12-04, 11:10 AM #26
I hate "random" being used as a descriptive when explaining why something is funny.

You could download a random number generator online and laugh your *** off all day if that blows your hair back. "lol it duzn't make any sents its so randum"
>>untie shoes
2009-12-04, 11:25 AM #27
Some people just don't like humor that doesn't have plot behind it. I know a lot of people like that, most of them don't like shows like this, Family Guy, or South Park.
2009-12-04, 11:28 AM #28
South Park most definitely has plot behind it. Especially in the last few years. There's always a message being put across in each episode.
>>untie shoes
2009-12-04, 12:07 PM #29
I thought last night's episode was rather humorous. Definitely above average. I thought Dennis in specific was great in the episode. His apathetic response of "whatever" talking to the director had me in stitches!
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-12-04, 12:11 PM #30
Originally posted by Antony:
South Park most definitely has plot behind it. Especially in the last few years. There's always a message being put across in each episode.

It's pretty loose... the biker episode is a good example of it. The whole episode's plot was how annoying loud biker gangs are... that's it.

I loved it, some people just don't get it though.
2009-12-04, 1:34 PM #31
I thought the smurf message was pretty funny.

Pretty good take on Avatar..
2009-12-04, 4:46 PM #32
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
It's pretty loose... the biker episode is a good example of it. The whole episode's plot was how annoying loud biker gangs are... that's it.

I loved it, some people just don't get it though.

Or you could have paid attention and noticed that the entire episode was a commentary on the evolution of the term "***" pointing out that it's not used as a epithet toward homosexuals for the most part, but a person who you simply find to be irritating.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!