Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I think I fixed my laptop.
I think I fixed my laptop.
2009-12-03, 1:07 AM #1
I pulled a stick of RAM and still got blue screens...pulled the other and bam, Windows installed just fine.

Think Compaq will send me a replacement without a fuss, or will they want me to bring it to a "professional" for diagnosis? I'm going to call them after I sleep for a bit.
woot!
2009-12-03, 1:19 AM #2
Yeah, happened on my old Desktop when I had a faulty piece of RAM. It made me sad :(.

But yeah knowing the larger companies they'll probably want you to send it in (at your cost) just to be *******s.
2009-12-03, 1:34 AM #3
If they're going to be too whiny, I might just buy 2gb and stick it in...wish I stocked up when it was so cheap, but I had no need. .(
woot!
2009-12-03, 1:59 AM #4
Aye, I wish I'd bought a ****load of RAM when it was cheap too. I need some more in my MBP to really make ze Fusion fly...
2009-12-03, 3:37 AM #5
Originally posted by JLee:
Think Compaq will send me a replacement without a fuss, or will they want me to bring it to a "professional" for diagnosis? I'm going to call them after I sleep for a bit.

Isn't Compaq owned now by HP? Anyway, my laptop had a "business warranty," and when my graphic card died, I could get a technician to come over and fix it free of charge. A very small, Jewish man came to my door and made my computer feel better!
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-12-03, 7:27 AM #6
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?nm_mc=AFC-SlickDeals&cm_mmc=AFC-SlickDeals-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16820134887&Tpk=N82E16820134887

28 bucks for a 2Gb SODIMM. I wonder if I should just grab one of those...3Gb should be ok. Hrm.
woot!
2009-12-03, 7:33 AM #7
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Isn't Compaq owned now by HP? Anyway, my laptop had a "business warranty," and when my graphic card died, I could get a technician to come over and fix it free of charge. A very small, Jewish man came to my door and made my computer feel better!

You're correct in that HP acquired Compaq. The problem with technicians that come to your home or business is that most of them are idiots.
? :)

↑ Up to the top!