Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I deem that Australia fails at video game ratings.
I deem that Australia fails at video game ratings.
2009-12-03, 11:21 PM #1
Here we go again

Get with the program, Aussie land! Seriously, they need to update their rating system badly or something.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2009-12-03, 11:24 PM #2
That sucks for Aussies because that game looks badass.
>>untie shoes
2009-12-03, 11:30 PM #3
I don't understand this
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-12-03, 11:41 PM #4
Lol. And I thought living in California was bad.

I'm surprised anybody even down there anymore.
2009-12-04, 12:26 AM #5
Yup, it's totally and utterly rooted.

The problem is, there is one guy - the South Australian Attorney General - who has somehow ended up with the power to screw us all over in this situation and he's an absolute zealot who refuses to listen to any form of reason. None of the other state Attorney Generals agree with him and want an R18+ classification, but since he has veto power we're essentially ****ed.

Well... ****ed in terms of getting local copies anyway. As was proved with Left4Dead2, it's pretty easy for us aussies to get copies from overseas (cheaper too).

Still, being treated like a child by a nutjob zealot like this guy is pretty grating.
2009-12-04, 1:34 AM #6
South Australians are idiots, senator fielding irks me no end.
2009-12-04, 1:58 AM #7
Originally posted by Jaiph:
Still, being treated like a child by a nutjob zealot like this guy is pretty grating.

Well in the AG's defence, he's not the only one who is a nutjob. Remember Conroy's plan to censor the internet and make it safe for the kiddies? If you wanted off the filtering you were clearly guilty of evil things.

*sigh* Clueless technocripple luddite politicians, tiny download caps, slow speeds and excessive ISP charges. Aussie internet / IT is great.

It's a good thing we're all so ridiculously attractive.
2009-12-04, 5:10 AM #8
That's unfortunate. It actually looks like it's going to be a really good game. I really enjoyed the others.
? :)
2009-12-04, 5:46 AM #9
Mmph, yet another game I'm going to have to pirate because because of that crap
I feel ashamed that it's even my state (South Australia) that is holding it back.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-12-04, 7:07 AM #10
And you know, I think piracy will surge (if it hasn't already) because of stuff like this. I'm sorry, but if a game is out that is pretty hyped up (like AVP is, L4D2 was), people are going to get it. One way or another.

maeve
2009-12-04, 9:00 AM #11
Originally posted by GHORG:
South Australians are idiots, senator fielding irks me no end.

Oi! Don't lump us all in together, I'm just as pissed off at that guy as you.
2009-12-04, 9:03 AM #12
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96545-Rebellion-Responds-to-AvP-Ban-in-Australia

"We will not be releasing a sanitized or cut down version for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices."

Good for them!
2009-12-04, 9:52 AM #13
Originally posted by Deadman:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96545-Rebellion-Responds-to-AvP-Ban-in-Australia

"We will not be releasing a sanitized or cut down version for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices."

Good for them!

It took me a few readthroughs to understand what that statement meant. I thought at first he was saying that they were selling it in Northern Territory and ACT.
:master::master::master:
2009-12-04, 10:28 AM #14
I laughed at the end of that article. Classic.

maeve
2009-12-04, 1:47 PM #15
I'm glad they are taking that stand and kinda wish Valve had done the same rather than releasing that joke of a cutdown version.
2009-12-04, 1:51 PM #16
Quote:

:neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard:

↑ Up to the top!