Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 3rd party display scaling programs?
3rd party display scaling programs?
2009-12-05, 12:06 PM #1
ATi is being completely retarded, and has stonewalled me for a while about trying to get their ****ty display scaling to work, last time I buy from them I guess*.

Anyway, I need to know if there's a 3rd party program to do it.

*I know it works for some people, but it doesn't for me and some others with brand spanking new cards.
2009-12-05, 7:41 PM #2
Have you tried the latest drivers or any of the older catalyst driver suites? Or maybe you can just run it in a window in the meantime?
\(='_'=)/
2009-12-05, 7:50 PM #3
You do know that it's not always the video card's fault, right? It could be your monitor.
2009-12-05, 8:12 PM #4
Yeah, your monitor might be overriding your video card's scaling.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, that shouldn't really happen.

EDIT2: I don't even see GPU scaling options in the latest drivers. They used to be there. What the hell ATI?
2009-12-05, 9:22 PM #5
Go to the HDTV page with the big image of the TV in the middle. In the lower left, there's a small image of a TV/display. In the upper right corner of that small image, there's a little black triangle. Click it and hit 'configure'.
woot!
2009-12-05, 9:27 PM #6
Wow, that's hilariously bad interface design. Unfortunately the option is grayed out, like Tiberium said.
2009-12-05, 9:29 PM #7
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Wow, that's hilariously bad interface design. Unfortunately the option is grayed out, like Tiberium said.

Can you post a screenshot so I know exactly which page you're on?
woot!
2009-12-05, 9:30 PM #8
Same, I got there and it's blacked out.
Pic incoming, thanks for the help.
2009-12-05, 9:31 PM #9
Too lazy to crop it out.
Attachment: 23178/New Bitmap Image.jpg (470,032 bytes)
2009-12-05, 9:34 PM #10
Yep, wrong screen. Hit either scaling options or HDTV support - you'll have a small image of a display in the lower left corner. Click the black triangle at the top right of that little screen (in the lower left in the window) - I think you'll get an option that says "configure" (or something similar).
woot!
2009-12-05, 9:35 PM #11
Ok I figured it out. You have to first change your resolution to something lower than your native resolution. If you exit out of the CCC and go back in, the option will be ungrayed and you can change it. I think you get one change every time you change your resolution, and then it grays out again. Who ever was in charge of designing this thing should be fired.

JLee, that's what you get when you hit "configure" in that screen. That's correct.
2009-12-05, 9:38 PM #12
Yes!
Thank you Obi, I did what you said and now it works.
You both have no idea how much I love you right now.
2009-12-05, 9:45 PM #13
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Ok I figured it out. You have to first change your resolution to something lower than your native resolution. If you exit out of the CCC and go back in, the option will be ungrayed and you can change it. I think you get one change every time you change your resolution, and then it grays out again. Who ever was in charge of designing this thing should be fired.

JLee, that's what you get when you hit "configure" in that screen. That's correct.

Yeah, that's the worst software design I have seen in a long time (ever?). I've never had to change my resolution, though. The screen I was talking about had an overscan/underscan slider - is that what you ended up with?
woot!
2009-12-05, 9:47 PM #14
Yeah I got what he got. I'm using the 9.11 drivers. I saw another screenshot and it looks like they randomly switch things around every revision. Not ever for the better though.

Tibby, glad to help.
2009-12-06, 5:05 AM #15
This is the screen I was referring to. Glad you guys got it worked out! :)
Attachment: 23181/screen.jpg (71,937 bytes)
woot!
2009-12-06, 9:29 AM #16
I went to that, First I had to lower the res, uncheck that thing on the bottum, go back to attributes, and turn GPU scaling on. Then back to 1680 I went and all was good.
2009-12-06, 7:16 PM #17
i love how you raged at ati and in the end it wasn't working because you're an idiot.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2009-12-06, 7:28 PM #18
Originally posted by NoESC:
i love how you raged at ati and in the end it wasn't working because you're an idiot.

To be fair, it's nowhere near as easy to find as the last Catalyst version.
woot!
2009-12-06, 8:01 PM #19

Explain to me why I have to lower my resolution to this.
Also explain to me why this works fine on an x1950 with legacy drivers.
In short, **** you.
2009-12-06, 8:38 PM #20
Such hostility! .(
woot!
2009-12-06, 9:26 PM #21

If you had actually used the software in question for this purpose, you would have found that the option is buried under several layers unintuitive (and even unlabeled) menus. On top of that, if you had even read the thread, you would have learned that there was a bug that needed to be worked around.

You just called people idiots for having trouble with something you have never tried, in spite of the fact that there were multiple and obvious clues in the thread that the software was poorly designed buggy. You arrogant fool.

↑ Up to the top!